Author Topic: Heat (36-30) at Celtics (50-18) 3/18  (Read 51543 times)

Re: Heat (36-30) at Celtics (50-18) 3/18
« Reply #225 on: March 18, 2009, 10:06:44 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Pierce=first ballot HOFer. Great performance. Rondo was terrific. Good defense in the OT from Perkins.

Becoming clearer, however, that our reserves aren't very good defensively. Lots of defensive problems earlier in the game.

But ... a win. I'll take it.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #226 on: March 18, 2009, 10:06:57 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
During the ESPN broadcast the commentators were discussing who they would want to take the last shot in the 4th, Kobe, Wade, or LeBron. I'll take The Truth!

Yeah I always wonder about why they include Lebron in the last shot situation. If its a game winning lay-up maybe but for a jumpshot I'd take Paul and even Ray before Wade and Kobe.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #227 on: March 18, 2009, 10:10:52 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
Totally forgot the game was on ESPN. Just came back trying to watch it on league pass  and its blacked out :'( Feels good to see we got a win though.

Did you catch any of it?

No I didn't   :(. I'll have to stay up and watch the replay on ESPN2 but I don't like those because they cut out parts of the games. I can never figure out how they decide which parts they think fans won't mind missing  ???

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #228 on: March 18, 2009, 10:14:06 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
Totally forgot the game was on ESPN. Just came back trying to watch it on league pass  and its blacked out :'( Feels good to see we got a win though.

Did you catch any of it?

No I didn't   :(. I'll have to stay up and watch the replay on ESPN2 but I don't like those because they cut out parts of the games. I can never figure out how they decide which parts they think fans won't mind missing  ???

Too bad.  I don't recommend the second quarter though.  And I agree btw, I'd take Paul or Ray with the last shot over Kobe, DWade, or LeBron too.

« Reply #229 on: March 18, 2009, 10:21:46 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff

Did you catch any of it?

Too bad.  I don't recommend the second quarter though.  And I agree btw, I'd take Paul or Ray with the last shot over Kobe, DWade, or LeBron too.

LOL Thanks. TP for the warning. Maybe ESPN2 will do me a favor and skip that part of the game.

« Reply #230 on: March 18, 2009, 10:22:11 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
Whew.  Now that that's over... One small positive from these last two games is that R2 is no longer just good only because he plays with three HOFers.  If only he could keep it up consistently...

Plus, this team has a ton of heart. 

Its good to see Rondo (and Perk) stepping up with all these injuries. It can only pay dividends in the playoffs

« Reply #231 on: March 18, 2009, 10:23:12 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
Forgot to ask. Noone got hurt tonight right?

« Reply #232 on: March 18, 2009, 10:55:18 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Forgot to ask. Noone got hurt tonight right?

Nope, but the front page has it that Leon is going to miss a few weeks after hurting his knee....