Author Topic: 10-year old Celtics fan has a parting shot for Ray Allen  (Read 16803 times)

Re: 10-year old Celtics fan has a parting shot for Ray Allen
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 09:59:23 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Didn't the Celtics tell Ray Allen they traded him at the deadline?  He owes nothing to the Celtics. Some people are acting like he threw the series against the Heat or did some other heinous act.  They need to relax and put their clay puppets away.

He played hard on the court for 5 years for this team and he earned the right to be a free agent and go wherever he wanted.  He thought the Heat were a better fit for him. That stinks for the fans here that love him, but that's the name of the game.

Bla bla bla, Ray Allen plays for the Heat now I could care less what he did in a Celtic uniform. He is now a piece of crap like the rest of that Heat team.  Maybe when he retires I will look back at his Celtic career. Makes me sick to watch any highlights with Ray in them from the past 5 years.

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 10:06:49 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
riley showed more love than ainge

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 10:09:36 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Kid needed to hide the mallet.

Was anybody stunned when he used it on Ray???

Come on Kid....

Watch some Mr. Bill videos 1st next time.

Nah, I liked that the mallet was always visible in the video.  We knew the hammer was coming down.  It wasn't a matter of what next, it was a matter of when.  

Loved it.  
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2012, 10:12:40 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

How? Usually showing love means $, but not in this case.

And there's no way Riley could *promise* more playing time. Bradley isn't back until December, so Ray would have started and had a chance to regain the starting job.

I don't know what the true story is, but I don't see how Ray gets more love there than here.

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2012, 10:14:27 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

And there's no way Riley could *promise* more playing time. Bradley isn't back until December, so Ray would have started and had a chance to regain the starting job.

I don't know what the true story is, but I don't see how Ray gets more love there than here.

He gets no more love from this Celtics fan.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2012, 11:57:43 PM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.

Ainge just said "Hey you know how much we appreciate you, you here's the deal, you know how things are; I'll just let you make the decision."

While Riley courted him like a Divorced millionaire.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2012, 12:28:14 PM »

Offline minijericho29

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 24
Didn't the Celtics tell Ray Allen they traded him at the deadline?  He owes nothing to the Celtics. Some people are acting like he threw the series against the Heat or did some other heinous act.  They need to relax and put their clay puppets away.

He played hard on the court for 5 years for this team and he earned the right to be a free agent and go wherever he wanted.  He thought the Heat were a better fit for him. That stinks for the fans here that love him, but that's the name of the game.

I'd expect that from a guy who moved from Quahog to Stool Bend.

Hahaha. TP!

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2012, 12:58:18 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

How many times do we have to go over this.

If Ray had left for more money, I doubt anyone would have begrudged him that.

If he'd left to start or get more playing time, there would have been some grumbling but I think more fans would have understood.

Ray left for less money.  He left for a team where he's almost certain to get less playing time. (Remember, if we keep Ray we don't get Courtney Lee, so Ray's just competing with AB and Jet.  In Miami he's got Wade ahead of him at 2, LeBron at three and Miller, Battier, Lewis, Chalmers, Cole and Jones all competing for basically the same 2 spots)  AND, let's remember that Ray flipped the middle finger by saying he'd stay for a ridiculous 3 year, 27 million dollars which he knew Boston would never pay.

He had the right to leave.

Fans have the right to be angry.

Mike

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2012, 01:34:50 PM »

Offline minijericho29

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 24

If Ray had left for more money, I doubt anyone would have begrudged him that.

Fans begrudging players for leaving for more money...yeah that never happens.  What planet are you on?

I was in Cleveland in 2001 when Manny Ramirez returned there for the first time in a Boston uniform.  I honestly thought there was going to be a riot. 

But you're right about Ray, everyone would be happy for him.  Silly.

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2012, 01:39:43 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
Video is straight racist - this is why Boston get's a bad rap.

/kidding.

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2012, 02:16:29 PM »

Offline missyP

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 10
His D was pitiful against the HEAT but he was injured.   Still I think his effort against them was less than heroic.   Your right he owes us nothing.   But don't say the " once a Celtic always a Celtic" crap.   That is not even remotely true to the fans.

It's not like Paul Pierce was lighting it up against the Heat either. If it's about Ray's play then call out everybody else too. The man gave you 5 years of entertainment and became a free agent, that's allowed.

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2012, 03:01:17 PM »

Offline rayallen1934

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
the word sellout is changing

the man took less money and hes being called a sellout, lovely

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2012, 04:40:19 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
I think the fact that he was out there on one good ankle was indeed heroic, to me.

Naw there is nothing herioc about his play.   Heroes are guys who risks their lives in fires, line of duty or war.   

Just watch all the layups he allowed in that series and tell me you still think he is hero.

TP for you sir!
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2012, 04:45:11 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I think the fact that he was out there on one good ankle was indeed heroic, to me.

Naw there is nothing herioc about his play.   Heroes are guys who risks their lives in fires, line of duty or war.   

Just watch all the layups he allowed in that series and tell me you still think he is hero.

That's a pretty strange response. We all know people in sports are often referred to as 'heroes'. They're called 'Sports Heroes'. Its a phrase.

So just to make a dig at Ray Allen you're pretending that you think 'hero' should only be applied to the brave men and women who teach our children, and police our streets, and keep us safe from violence or fire, or protect our borders, or make our cheeseburgers just the way we like them, or fight in our interests overseas.

Those guys are heroes for sure, but you knew what he meant.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2012, 07:51:15 PM »

Offline missyP

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 10
i wouldn't let my kids in on that kind of borderline extreme fanaticism/hatered. It's spot, just fun, support who the team trades and wish well those who played for 'your favorite' team.

No need for that from kids.,,sorry. ( actually seems like an adult came up with the idea)