Author Topic: New music video by the makers of "Greentown's Finest"!!!  (Read 5626 times)

New music video by the makers of "Greentown's Finest"!!!
« on: June 18, 2012, 10:49:38 AM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Still Ballin'
Hey fellow CBers!  Many here know me or my brother Prof. Clutch from our Celtics documentary series "Greentown's Finest," so I thought you might be interested in our newest project: a music video for local artist ASN:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9U1qdAVa5A

Check it out, let me know what you guys think!!!

Re: New music video by the makers of "Greentown's Finest"!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 11:13:45 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Good video, good music!  I am slowly being won over to rap...don't like the gangsta rap, or bad language in a lot of rap songs, but this one is a good one. 

Most important to me...it is danceable!   

(Praise of a rap video from a 66 year old female might be the kiss of death!   :-\ )
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 11:25:06 AM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Slowed the song down to half the normal Beats Per Minute, had him lip sync to that version during the recording then sped the video x2 and applied it to the normal track?

Good job by all.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 11:31:56 AM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Still Ballin'
Good video, good music!  I am slowly being won over to rap...don't like the gangsta rap, or bad language in a lot of rap songs, but this one is a good one. 

(Praise of a rap video from a 66 year old female might be the kiss of death!   :-\ )

Boots, your viewership is definitely a GOOD THING! I've been listening to hip hop most of my life, and I couldn't agree with you more about most of the music out there.  This artist really has taken it in a different direction, and I agree I LOVE this song!  Thanks for watching and replying!

Slowed the song down to half the normal Beats Per Minute, had him lip sync to that version during the recording then sped the video x2 and applied it to the normal track?

Good job by all.

That's exactly how we did it (except it was 4x), great eye! Most folks we've shown this to have been scratching their heads about how we accomplished that effect ;D

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 11:37:56 AM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey

Boots, your viewership is definitely a GOOD THING! I've been listening to hip hop most of my life, and I couldn't agree with you more about most of the music out there.  This artist really has taken it in a different direction, and I agree I LOVE this song!  Thanks for watching and replying!

Good job by all.

That's exactly how we did it (except it was 4x), great eye! Most folks we've shown this to have been scratching their heads about how we accomplished that effect ;D

Haha. Yeah, it was blowing my mind for a minute there. Very creative

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 12:06:09 PM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Still Ballin'
A quick bump to keep this current. I'm hoping to hear from you, let me know your thoughts folks!!!

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 01:22:41 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games

TB, thank you for always being one of our biggest supporters!  I'm so glad you liked the song!

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 02:01:31 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Mind Games

Good job by all.

Thanks for checking out our video JSD. Clearly we can't slip anything past you!

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 02:50:17 PM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey

Good job by all.

It's a cool trick. I'll be biting it at some point  ;)

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 03:54:58 PM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Still Ballin'

Good job by all.

It's a cool trick. I'll be biting it at some point  ;)

Um...ok  :-\

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 09:47:02 AM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Mind Games
If you didn't get a chance to see this yesterday here's your chance!  Please support two Boston independent filmmakers and one Boston underground hip hop artist by watching and sharing this with anyone you know! THANKS & GO CELTICS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9U1qdAVa5A