Author Topic: 2018-19 Bruins Season  (Read 103397 times)

Re: 2018-19 Bruins Season
« Reply #270 on: May 16, 2019, 10:41:15 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Yes!!!

« Reply #271 on: May 16, 2019, 10:41:24 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Nothing like an empty net goal to seal the deal!

« Reply #272 on: May 16, 2019, 10:41:37 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
That puts a bow on it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #273 on: May 16, 2019, 10:44:09 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Bruins just keep getting stronger as the playoffs roll on.  That's a really good sign.  That, and Rask playing like his name is Thomas.

« Reply #274 on: May 16, 2019, 10:44:52 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Congrats guys! I know this is a Cs blog and they of course come first, but Boston sports teams are crushing the world right now. It's funny that a team that made it to the 2nd round of their respective playoffs is considered a total disappointment. That is Boston for you.

Anyway, Bruins (and Rask) are on a roll. Let's get the cup!

« Reply #275 on: May 16, 2019, 10:45:13 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Bs WIN, Bs WIN!!!

I can't believe they're going to the Stanley Cup Finals again!!
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #276 on: May 16, 2019, 10:45:24 PM »

• Don Nelson
Good fans though...we are rolling and look like it is our year again! Not loving a long layoff

« Reply #277 on: May 16, 2019, 10:57:26 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
The Red Sox, the Patriots, the Bruins...

What a crazy year. It's been too long of a Boston drought.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #278 on: May 16, 2019, 11:03:13 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
If the Bruins don’t trade Joe Thornton during the 2005 season, do they have the cap space to sign Chára for 2006-2007?

Just trying to figure out if cap space was cleared in that trade and if led directly to the signing of Chára.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #279 on: May 16, 2019, 11:04:09 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
Congrats to the hardcore Bruins fans out there. I’m a pumped casual fan who has always rooted for Boston teams including the Bruins
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #280 on: May 16, 2019, 11:09:47 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Lol....I don't know you Sparz but this sounds like something my millennial sons would say. Lol. Yeah, it's was all the way back in 2017 when Boston had their last team win a title before the Red Sox started this title run for Boston.

Dang, I remember all those years after 1986 until the Pat's won in 2002. 16 years. Not one title. That sucked.

But all my kids know is 6 Super Bowl wins in 9 Super Bowl appearances, 4 World Series in 4 trips there, 1 NBA Title in 2 trips to the NBA Finals and 3 appearances in the Stanley Cup Finals with 1 Cup and another one possible.

Possibly 13 championships in 17 years, 12 guaranteed.

They are so spoiled

« Reply #281 on: May 17, 2019, 12:06:34 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Lol....I don't know you Sparz but this sounds like something my millennial sons would say. Lol. Yeah, it's was all the way back in 2017 when Boston had their last team win a title before the Red Sox started this title run for Boston.

Dang, I remember all those years after 1986 until the Pat's won in 2002. 16 years. Not one title. That sucked.

But all my kids know is 6 Super Bowl wins in 9 Super Bowl appearances, 4 World Series in 4 trips there, 1 NBA Title in 2 trips to the NBA Finals and 3 appearances in the Stanley Cup Finals with 1 Cup and another one possible.

Possibly 13 championships in 17 years, 12 guaranteed.

They are so spoiled

I admit it: I'm spoiled. (And I'm a Gen X-er). Am I ashamed of it? No, not really. ;D

Boston's "big boys" really stepped up tonight—not that they've played bad, because they haven't, but I know that opponents focus on slowing them, but tonight the Canes couldn't do anything to slow them tonight.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #282 on: May 21, 2019, 08:09:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
This is what a true leader is all about. Chara is a great captain

So it wasn’t a shock that the 42-year-old Chara reiterated that he doesn’t like the term “rookie” that tends to separate the first-year players from everybody else within the B’s dressing room, when he was asked about lending his learned experience to help younger D-men like Charlie McAvoy and Brandon Carlo.

What does history say about B's long layoff?
“If I can make some small part of it by doing what I love to do and doing it every day… if that can help them to see that, then I’ll be more than happy for them to see that, and maybe learn something. If I can help them in any way I’d love to,” said Chara, while addressing the media following Monday’s practice at Warrior Ice Arena. “Age doesn’t really separate the conversations or the personalities. I’ve been saying that for a long time.

“We are treating everybody the same way no matter if somebody is 18, or 40, or somebody has 1,000 games or is playing in their first game. We treat everybody with respect in the same way as everybody else in the locker room. I’ve said it many times. Since a very young age, I didn’t like the separation in a team between young players and older players, [or] players who have accomplished something or players that are just coming into the league. I don’t like to use the word ‘rookie.’ They are our teammates. I just don’t like to separate. I don’t think that’s the right thing to do. Once you’re a team, you’re a team regardless of the age, or accomplishments. We have to treat each other with respect and the same way.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/video/zdeno-chara-i-dont-use-word-rookie

« Reply #283 on: May 21, 2019, 10:32:20 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Looks like we’ll be playing the Blues for all the marbles.

Blues up 4-1 in the Game with 2 minutes left and soon to win the series 4-1.

Good.

Rather play the Blues than Sharks.

« Reply #284 on: May 21, 2019, 11:08:09 PM »

• Don Nelson
This is what a true leader is all about. Chara is a great captain

So it wasn’t a shock that the 42-year-old Chara reiterated that he doesn’t like the term “rookie” that tends to separate the first-year players from everybody else within the B’s dressing room, when he was asked about lending his learned experience to help younger D-men like Charlie McAvoy and Brandon Carlo.

What does history say about B's long layoff?
“If I can make some small part of it by doing what I love to do and doing it every day… if that can help them to see that, then I’ll be more than happy for them to see that, and maybe learn something. If I can help them in any way I’d love to,” said Chara, while addressing the media following Monday’s practice at Warrior Ice Arena. “Age doesn’t really separate the conversations or the personalities. I’ve been saying that for a long time.

“We are treating everybody the same way no matter if somebody is 18, or 40, or somebody has 1,000 games or is playing in their first game. We treat everybody with respect in the same way as everybody else in the locker room. I’ve said it many times. Since a very young age, I didn’t like the separation in a team between young players and older players, [or] players who have accomplished something or players that are just coming into the league. I don’t like to use the word ‘rookie.’ They are our teammates. I just don’t like to separate. I don’t think that’s the right thing to do. Once you’re a team, you’re a team regardless of the age, or accomplishments. We have to treat each other with respect and the same way.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/video/zdeno-chara-i-dont-use-word-rookie

I agree. Other potential and current aspiring leaders could learn a lot from those comments.