Author Topic: Pacers (15-15) at Celtics (15-17) 2/26/21  (Read 33102 times)

Re: Pacers (15-15) at Celtics (15-17) 2/26/21
« Reply #585 on: February 26, 2021, 11:31:13 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
Cs need to start Rob.
They need him on the court at the end of games. Was shocked that Brad tonight actually put him in during the final minute.

I don't disagree.  I just would like to see him be on the court more than 20min.

I actually love what they’ve been doing with Rob, bringing him along slowly, giving him steadily higher doses of minutes and responsibilities, managing his workload. He’s missed time with his hip issue and they want him healthy, strong and confident by end of year. No rush. Take it slow.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #586 on: February 26, 2021, 11:37:53 PM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Timelord seems to be developing a Killer instinct.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #587 on: February 26, 2021, 11:44:41 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
Nesmith on the bench the entire 2nd half after being a +7 in limited minutes is part of the reason the bench has been terrible and needed a starter in it. No stability, no trust are things he has to replace from his coaching.

Good to see TimeLord and Pritchard getting minutes, hopefully this is the beginning of Brad simplifying the rotation instead of the pinch hitting approach he’s been accustomed to.

« Reply #588 on: February 26, 2021, 11:47:28 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Nesmith on the bench the entire 2nd half after being a +7 in limited minutes is part of the reason the bench has been terrible and needed a starter in it. No stability, no trust are things he has to replace from his coaching.

Good to see TimeLord and Pritchard getting minutes, hopefully this is the beginning of Brad simplifying the rotation instead of the pinch hitting approach he’s been accustomed to.

Yeah, Green getting chucked in for a couple of minutes made no sense. Brad overthinks things. Nesmith is deserving of time. He's hustling his ass off.

« Reply #589 on: February 26, 2021, 11:47:57 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Cs need to start Rob.
They need him on the court at the end of games. Was shocked that Brad tonight actually put him in during the final minute.

I don't disagree.  I just would like to see him be on the court more than 20min.

I actually love what they’ve been doing with Rob, bringing him along slowly, giving him steadily higher doses of minutes and responsibilities, managing his workload. He’s missed time with his hip issue and they want him healthy, strong and confident by end of year. No rush. Take it slow.
Can't stand it.  Timelord needs to be getting 20-25 minutes every game.  In February, he's gotten that 3 games and one of those was in OT.  In contrast, he has 6 games where he played under 15 minutes.  You don't get better sitting on the bench.   

« Reply #590 on: February 27, 2021, 12:31:28 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I’m sure others have made this point but boy, we won a game when Tatum and Brown BOTH didn’t have it? Against a playoff team!?  :o

Y’all maybe should consider that Cs won because the coach convinced the two to play out of their ball hugging comfort zones.

« Reply #591 on: February 27, 2021, 12:34:20 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Tatum and Brown both look worn out...it was nice to see the other guys carry them for a change..Brown almost looked like he was shaving points....ha.

lol

« Reply #592 on: February 27, 2021, 02:01:33 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
Didn't watch the game but just saw box score then came here to see what was said about Tatum and looks like Brown is the one getting dogged?

Tatum only scored 9pts  shooting 22%, and this is our superstar? Yea brown had 4 TOs  but 22% is terrible for someone who is suppose to be go to guy. Off night in a major way, worried slightly about how Covid has potential affected him be could continue???
They both looked tired - Tatum more so to me anyway. I will say he had a couple of big rebounds down the stretch which helped keep the C's ahead.  Also threw a couple of nice passes earlier in the game.  But to me he looks like he needs about a week off. Jaylen probably the same.

« Reply #593 on: February 27, 2021, 02:12:37 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
Tatum and Brown both look worn out...it was nice to see the other guys carry them for a change..Brown almost looked like he was shaving points....ha.

They’ll rebound in terms of stamina. Hopefully Tatum’s lungs will fully heal by the playoffs.  Brown’s walk is tender - that may not get better this year.  Too bad they are the only 2 who are not getting an al-star break.  But CBS will give them rest prior to the playoffs. That step out the f bounds by Brown almost sent me to the moon.

« Reply #594 on: February 27, 2021, 03:01:50 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

I think they're both finding it's very hard to consistently be a top 10 type player in this league. The top players have a small standard deviation between a good game and a bad game - they consistently play at a high level and find ways to impact the game if their shot is not falling. If you want to average 26 a game you can either have a number of games where you score 40+ to cover for the games you score 10-15, or you can be more consistent. They'll get there though, they're only young.

And yes the great players don't do it all themselves, they get the rest of the team involved. If the rest of the team is scoring and impacting the game it makes it easier for everyone else to score.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #595 on: February 27, 2021, 04:35:21 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Sceond
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #596 on: February 27, 2021, 07:14:05 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

I think they're both finding it's very hard to consistently be a top 10 type player in this league. The top players have a small standard deviation between a good game and a bad game - they consistently play at a high level and find ways to impact the game if their shot is not falling. If you want to average 26 a game you can either have a number of games where you score 40+ to cover for the games you score 10-15, or you can be more consistent. They'll get there though, they're only young.

And yes the great players don't do it all themselves, they get the rest of the team involved. If the rest of the team is scoring and impacting the game it makes it easier for everyone else to score.

This is why I hate BS pulling guys when they are having a great game. Let the guy go nuts and keep scoring so when he does not have a good shooting night he won't feel pressure to avg a certain amount. We have seen games where these guy force bad shots to get to 20pts. These guys do feel the pressure to avg a high number.

« Reply #597 on: February 27, 2021, 08:19:28 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
Didn't watch the game but just saw box score then came here to see what was said about Tatum and looks like Brown is the one getting dogged?

Tatum only scored 9pts  shooting 22%, and this is our superstar? Yea brown had 4 TOs  but 22% is terrible for someone who is suppose to be go to guy. Off night in a major way, worried slightly about how Covid has potential affected him be could continue???

Can we not worry about this??

We won

Can't have it both ways

People killing him calling him selfish and ball stopping

So he tried today to make the extra pass and do the other things.   It led to others having good games. And we win

I will take it.

He still shot 18 times and this is the second straight game shooting 20% and looking out of it or tired. May be something to note or keep an eye on...... But really I was just getting at if anyone else shot 18 + times and shot 20% in back to back games. There would be a ton of concern and posts about that player, it seems.

« Reply #598 on: February 27, 2021, 10:01:48 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

We won

Can't have it both ways

So he tried today to make the extra pass and do the other things.   It led to others having good games. And we win

I will take it.

He still shot 18 times and this is the second straight game shooting 20% and looking out of it or tired. May be something to note or keep an eye on...... But really I was just getting at if anyone else shot 18 + times and shot 20% in back to back games. There would be a ton of concern and posts about that player, it seems.
I'm in the middle. It's a concern especially the lack of free throws. Usually getting to the line helps get a rhythm and Tatum can't even do that at times. At least this game he still got some boards and ast. But he needs to play better for the C's to get out of the first round.

« Reply #599 on: February 27, 2021, 10:11:57 AM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282

We won

Can't have it both ways

I will take it.

I'm in the middle. It's a concern especially the lack of free throws. Usually getting to the line helps get a rhythm and Tatum can't even do that at times. At least this game he still got some boards and ast. But he needs to play better for the C's to get out of the first round.

What is shocking to me is that he seems almost unable to get easy buckets, find easy shots, benefits of other to find a catch and shoot, go to the rim with more regularity and confidence. It is like if he wants each action to finish by a step back 3 pointer or a fadeway flotter... It is very usefull if he can again enter this shoot at OK regularity in PO when diffense will be even harder on him. But that much stereotyped and redundant actions, I don't understand.

This is why the "don't care we won" or "he still suffer from Covid" narrative are not all the answer, cause there is changing to do in his approach of the game and his mentality. It is not only about miss or make.