Author Topic: C's sign Javonte Green to a partially guaranteed deal  (Read 4893 times)

Re: C's sign Javonte Green to a partially guaranteed deal
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2019, 10:34:41 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Like Steve Bulpett said, Celts are not done dealing.

Maybe another roster spot opens up if the Celts make another trade.

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2019, 10:51:15 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I ultimately think (or hope) that Fall will beat him out, but Green played some really solid disruptive defence. I reckon he could make it on a team.

Tacko is a totally unique talent who could already see some time in certain situations. Green would not see the floor any time soon.
i believe this is more accurate. i am not a fan of javonte green. very athletic, but not a good basketball player in my mind.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2019, 11:00:37 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I ultimately think (or hope) that Fall will beat him out, but Green played some really solid disruptive defence. I reckon he could make it on a team.

Tacko is a totally unique talent who could already see some time in certain situations. Green would not see the floor any time soon.
i believe this is more accurate. i am not a fan of javonte green. very athletic, but not a good basketball player in my mind.

I thought he seemed like a good passer, make the right play kind of player, aside from the last inbound. if he's not good at inbounding that's easy don't have him do it. 

And he's a good shooter.  I think if a wing goes for a PF/big he could see minutes this year off the bench. 

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2019, 12:08:19 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

That is more accurate...

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2019, 03:52:31 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I can't excited about a 25 year old guard playing well in the Summer League.  A 7'7" center whose game is raw, but moves surprisingly well and has a standing reach over 10 feet, well... that's exciting.

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2019, 07:00:05 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I see Green as a Tony Allen type who is better on offense, but worst on D and oh, yeah he does not have a jumpshot of note

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2019, 07:43:05 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
he is Romeo Langford at a fraction of the cost.

Doesnt make sense to load up on this many wings.

Kemba/Edwards/Waters
Brown/Smart/Lanford
Tatum/Hayward/Green

Williams/Theis/Semi
Kanter/Vincent/Rob Williams

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2019, 08:21:40 AM »

Offline MichiganAdam

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16
he is Romeo Langford at a fraction of the cost.

Doesnt make sense to load up on this many wings.

Kemba/Edwards/Waters
Brown/Smart/Lanford
Tatum/Hayward/Green

Williams/Theis/Semi
Kanter/Vincent/Rob Williams

It does when you also count tatum/hayward spending time at the PF spot at least 15 mins a game.  That is what I think I see.

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2019, 08:30:32 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'm not sure why they prioritized him. Didn't see anything from him that lead me to believe he's an NBA player but I guess we need another wing lol.

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2019, 08:45:55 AM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
Rather had sighed faried

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2019, 07:36:47 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Rather had sighed faried
a true sign of true love.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2019, 08:51:05 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
The blog has hereby pronounced Green as a non NBA player for all time. 

Hmm.. Seems premature.  German league is good isn't it?  I mean how many guys aren't good enough in their early 20's but then learn the game at a level where they can see some minutes?
Thousands I'm sure!! 

I see a good 10 minute/situational back up (if and only if another wing is traded...)

Second coming of a hoppier Kevin Gamble would be a nice outcome ;D

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2019, 10:37:26 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Green played well in SL. He's going for last on the bench and thus will get a small handful of blowout minutes.

If, in any way, this Green signing threatens the position of Tacko Fall in this organization? I'm going to be on the phone with an attorney who will "attach" Green's salary subject to a "discovery period" relating to Tacko's contract and a cross examination to determine  "management's intentions" with the tallest Celtic in history.

This player can touch the floor with one finger and the rim with the other. Can Javonte Green do that, your honor? I should say not, sir.

USSC
Docket 34179
Green v Tacko

The court ruled 4-3 in Favor of the defendant Tacko Fall citing his superior wingspan, name and overall mass. Dissenting justice stated that he hadn't seen any of the SL games and had Texas Tech in his final four bracket thus, missing the UCF games in the NCAA tournament.

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2019, 11:44:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
yeah he does not have a jumpshot of note

that part doesn't seem to phase Danny  :-\