Author Topic: Another 3 way trade most of you wont like  (Read 7904 times)

Another 3 way trade most of you wont like
« on: June 03, 2011, 01:20:59 PM »

Offline Big Joe Slow

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Boston gets :               Philly gets:       Suns get:                   
Gortat                      Pierce             Garnett 
Dudley                      Nash               Nocioni 
Childress                   R.Lopez            Evan Turner
Igoudala                                       1st rd pick   
Holiday

So the suns resign Arron Brooks at point(better than nash now) have Vinsanity off the bench and resign Grant hill for peanuts to play with KG. Draft Big, maybe sign a cheap center also. They are better than last years sun team and have a bright future.

The sixers now have a big three in Pierce, Brand , and Nash. They have T, Young as a sixth man, depth in the interior and can sign maybe someone like J rich or JR smith and content for a title in the east.

Boston has a future and is one piece away from contending in 2012.

In 2012 we trade Rondo sign and trade for D Howard and throw in whatever else to make it work like a 1st round pick and childress or something so Orlando gets something for him.

Then in 2012 we have :
C Gortat/Dalembert(like Dallas two good centers)
PF Howard/(jordan Williams maryland)KG comes back 1 year contract for peanuts to win a last title!
SF Green/Dudley(Dudley was amazing for phoenix off the bench.)
SG Iggy/ (a 2012 free agent willing to take under value to play with howard maybe ray allen)
PG Holiday/Bradley

Jrue Holiday was as good as it gets in this years play offs. He scored like 30 points and had like 10 assist and 8 rebounds against Miami.

So imagine the eastern finals 2012
Miami versus Boston

Bibby vs Holiday(we win hands down)
Wade vs Iggy (close matchup)allen too
James vs Green (james wins but Green keeps getting better and Dudley beats whoever miami has on the bench.)
Bosh vs Howard(Garnett) (we win bench and starters)
anthony vs gortat(dalembert) (we win hands down)

We win east easy

Re: Another 3 way trade most of you wont like
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 01:23:50 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
This is insanity
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 01:24:15 PM »

Offline Big Joe Slow

• Xavier Tillman
Sorry I meant the Eastern finals in 2013 not 2012

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 01:28:03 PM »

Offline Big Joe Slow

• Xavier Tillman
The only problem I see is convincing Howard to go with the trade. Other than that it would work and we would beat Miami. Holiday and Iggy are still getting better and so is J green. Gortat is a top ten center for sure also.

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 01:49:49 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Holiday averaged 14/4/6 against the Heat, his best game was 20/2/8. What game were you watching where you thought he got 30/8/10, or did you think he averaged that for the series? That lineup would be a train wreck offensively.

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 01:54:00 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
The only problem I see is convincing Howard to go with the trade. Other than that it would work and we would beat Miami. Holiday and Iggy are still getting better and so is J green. Gortat is a top ten center for sure also.

You really only see one problem with this?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 02:30:18 PM »

Offline Big Joe Slow

• Xavier Tillman
Huh..yeah must have been thinking of a different game. I have seen holiday put up numbers like that. he improved a lot this season. He is very good.

I don't agree about the train wreck. You have 5 scorers on the floor how is that a wreck? It's all about Rivers teaching them to play un selfish. He would for sure. Gortat is not a outside threat but very good at scoring low and around the basket. Howard...speaks for himself. Green can score inside out and as he develops will learn to use his talent to get to the line like piearce. Iggy can score decent just not a great 3 shooter. He is tuff and athletic though and can slash. Holiday is a quick skilled shooter that attacks the basket...the bench could score...how is that a train wreck?

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 02:36:09 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
You're right... I dont like it... Actually, I hate it, greatly hate it.

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 02:36:39 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I won't argue with the title of the post. How about if we stop there?

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 02:39:59 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 229
i don't understand why people still post with titles like "trade all of you probably won't like" If you don't think people will like it then why share?

I do, though, admire you creativity

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 03:00:20 PM »

Offline Big Joe Slow

• Xavier Tillman
http://phillysportsdaily.com/sixers/2011/03/20/guest-column-a-statistical-analysis-of-jrue-holiday/

heres some more proof Im right about Holiday:

1. Russell Westbrook—19 points

2. Mike Conley—21 points

3. Stephen Curry—25 points

4. Derrick Rose—26 points

5. Jrue Holiday—31 points

6. John Wall—33.5 points

7. Darren Collison—34 points

8. D.J. Augustin—36 points

9. Brandon Jennings—39 points

Holiday comes in at No. 5 in both rankings,

Holiday is the 5th best youn point right behind Rose statistically speaking and is getting better.

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011, 03:11:59 PM »

Offline Big Joe Slow

• Xavier Tillman
Gortat:

with Suns averaged

13 pts
9 rebounds
1.3 blocks per game and those numbers rose later in the year. He destroyed the C's remember. This guy could average 14/10 a game easy next to Howard.

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2011, 03:18:20 PM »

Offline Big_Matt34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
Well on one hand this is probably your best trade idea yet. With that said...hell no, it's a pretty bad deal. I also notice you try to trade Pierce in all of them, not gonna happen.

And you ask why that team is a trainwreck offensively? Gortat plays in the paint, Howard plays in the paint, Iggy cant shoot, Green is an average shooter at best, and Holiday is a decent shooter. Teams would just pack the paint and force them to shoot jumpers, and there'd be no space down low for anyone to work, which would cause said trainwreck.

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2011, 03:19:26 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Huh..yeah must have been thinking of a different game. I have seen holiday put up numbers like that. he improved a lot this season. He is very good.

I don't agree about the train wreck. You have 5 scorers on the floor how is that a wreck? It's all about Rivers teaching them to play un selfish. He would for sure. Gortat is not a outside threat but very good at scoring low and around the basket. Howard...speaks for himself. Green can score inside out and as he develops will learn to use his talent to get to the line like piearce. Iggy can score decent just not a great 3 shooter. He is tuff and athletic though and can slash. Holiday is a quick skilled shooter that attacks the basket...the bench could score...how is that a train wreck?

Little to no outside shooting to spread the floor? Nobody that can create their own shot? Two bigs that play close to the rim, each making it harder for the the other to operate? Both of them making it harder for Iggy to get to the rim? It will be a disaster.

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2011, 03:21:03 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
http://phillysportsdaily.com/sixers/2011/03/20/guest-column-a-statistical-analysis-of-jrue-holiday/

heres some more proof Im right about Holiday:

1. Russell Westbrook—19 points

2. Mike Conley—21 points

3. Stephen Curry—25 points

4. Derrick Rose—26 points

5. Jrue Holiday—31 points

6. John Wall—33.5 points

7. Darren Collison—34 points

8. D.J. Augustin—36 points

9. Brandon Jennings—39 points

Holiday comes in at No. 5 in both rankings,

Holiday is the 5th best youn point right behind Rose statistically speaking and is getting better.
CP3, Deron Williams, and Rondo are no longer young? Who knew!

Categorical rankings like that a terrible way to evaluate players. He had an assist rate .03 better than than DJ Augustine. Does that difference justify him being "one point" better? Another red flag for me instead of eFG% or TS% they use raw FG% and instead of rebound rate they use rebounds per 48.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 03:28:09 PM by Fafnir »