Author Topic: my hope for next year's team whats yours?  (Read 3261 times)

my hope for next year's team whats yours?
« on: June 01, 2011, 02:17:14 PM »

Offline stylo617617

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
1.Rondo
2.Allen
3.pierce
4.Kg
5.Al Jeff
6.Jeff Green
7.Jamal Crawford
8.Carl Landry
9.Greg oden
10.Bradley
11.1st round pick
12.2nd round pick
13.troy murphy
14.trade deadline buyout guy
15.open roster slot

assuming nothing drastic happens in the new cba this is how my dream comes true

Celtics trade Kristic(s&t),d.west(s&T)glen davis (s&t) ,future 2nd & the cavs pick we got for semih & luke
for Al jefferson

celtics trade j.o & shaq's exp contract for jamal crawford atl dosent want to bring him back & jamal will want more money so this deal makes sence throw in a pick for good faith

we sign carl landry for the full MLE

& the greg oden thing is really a long shot cuz all we'll be able to give him is the bi-annual exception but who knows maybe'll he'll take it low risk very high reward
 thoughts?
what's your ideaa

Re: my hope for next year's team whats yours?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 02:47:46 PM »

Offline mostofusrsad

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 9
1.Rondo
2.Allen
3.pierce
4.Kg
5.Al Jeff
6.Jeff Green
7.Jamal Crawford
8.Carl Landry
9.Greg oden
10.Bradley
11.1st round pick
12.2nd round pick
13.troy murphy
15.open roster slot

Celtics trade Kristic(s&t),d.west(s&T)glen davis (s&t) ,future 2nd & the cavs pick we got for semih & luke
for Al jefferson

celtics trade j.o & shaq's exp contract for jamal crawford atl dosent want to bring him back & jamal will want more money so this deal makes sence throw in a pick for good faith

& the greg oden thing is really a long shot cuz all we'll be able to give him is the bi-annual exception but who knows maybe'll he'll take it low risk very high reward
 thoughts?
what's your ideaa
\nice plan....i like that you wantt to see both Oneals dumped, becauwe they are duds at this stage of their careers...with a roster like that one it would be possible to compete...but i still think we are a little too long in the tooth...

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 03:33:33 PM »

Offline stylo617617

• Al Horford
1.Rondo
2.Allen
3.pierce
4.Kg
5.Al Jeff
6.Jeff Green
7.Jamal Crawford
8.Carl Landry
9.Greg oden
10.Bradley
11.1st round pick
12.2nd round pick
13.troy murphy
15.open roster slot

for Al jefferson

thoughts?
what's your ideaa
\nice plan....i like that you wantt to see both Oneals dumped, becauwe they are duds at this stage of their careers...with a roster like that one it would be possible to compete...but i still think we are a little too long in the tooth...

agree though'll we'll have the size we traded away in the deadliine back it'll come down to jeff green/j.crawford/ray/paul vs lebron and wade in the east

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 03:46:14 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
I'd be happy if your plan came true, but I think I have a better chance playing for the C's (and i'm as tall as JJ Barea, with Glen Davis' build).... I can't see Utah trading Big Al (who they stole from MIN) or Oden/Landry/Crawford all coming to Boston.

It's kind of a meaningless exercise b/c the big changest to the CBA will dictate what moves we can make, but here are some begining thoughts on what I'd like to see.

In general i'd like to reload and take another shot at Miami/Chicago. My main concern is adding quality depth and not fooling around with rebuilding a team after the buyout deadline -- like Ainge has tried to do (rather unsuccessfully other than the PJ Brown signing):

1. Rondo
2. Delonte
3. Pierce
4. Garnett
5. J. O'Neal

I thought Delonte did a great job in limited mins throughout the season and does a lot of little things that help the starting 5 (including defending guys like Wade).

6. Ray Allen
7. Jeff Green

I think Ray is better suited to being our 6th man than Pierce. I like how Allen leads the 2nd unit more than Pierce -- who goes into "gotta do everything" mode which he's not really capable of for as long stretches.

I'm hoping that a full camp of playing with the C's will help Green get acclimated. I'm also hoping that we don't overpay him this summer; in fact i'd almost prefer to let him play out on the qualifying offer and keep our cap flexibility (if that matters in the new CBA as much as it does now).

8. Kirilenko

I don't want to break the bank on a FA -- would rather keep 2012 flexiblity -- but perhaps we can convince Kirilenko to (a) take a shot at a ring and (b) rebuild his playing rep for one last big contract. I'd also take a shot at Marc Gasol, but the chances of that seem unlikely.

9. Nenad Krstic
10. Avery Bradley
11. Sasha Pavlovic

Krstic only if it's a one-year deal (though he may sign overseas again). Would like to make sure Bradley gets 10-15 min/gm... that's my one complaint with Doc is not letting rooks work through their adjustment to the NBA in real games.

I may be the only one who liked Sasha Pavlovic, but I thought he brought some fiesty-ness off the bench at the 3 position.

12. #25 pick
13. #55 pick

#25 preferably a big man, but regardless of position I'd like to draft an NBA-ready guy (college Jrs. or Srs. like Tony Allen, Delonte, Gomes) over a project (Bradley, Bill Walker (both of whom are nice players but we need talent right away IMO)).

#55 I'm looking for Ainge to add an NBA-ready player here too (a la Gomes, Harangody)

GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 04:29:21 PM »

Offline stylo617617

• Al Horford
I'd be happy if your plan came true, but I think I have a better chance playing for the C's (and i'm as tall as JJ Barea, with Glen Davis' build).... I can't see Utah trading Big Al (who they stole from MIN) or Oden/Landry/Crawford all coming to Boston.

It's kind of a meaningless exercise b/c the big changest to the CBA will dictate what moves we can make, but here are some begining thoughts on what I'd like to see.

In general i'd like to reload and take another shot at Miami/Chicago. My main concern is adding quality depth and not fooling around with rebuilding a team after the buyout deadline -- like Ainge has tried to do (rather unsuccessfully other than the PJ Brown signing):

1. Rondo
2. Delonte
3. Pierce
4. Garnett
5. J. O'Neal

I thought Delonte did a great job in limited mins throughout the season and does a lot of little things that help the starting 5 (including defending guys like Wade).

6. Ray Allen
7. Jeff Green

I think Ray is better suited to being our 6th man than Pierce. I like how Allen leads the 2nd unit more than Pierce -- who goes into "gotta do everything" mode which he's not really capable of for as long stretches.

I'm hoping that a full camp of playing with the C's will help Green get acclimated. I'm also hoping that we don't overpay him this summer; in fact i'd almost prefer to let him play out on the qualifying offer and keep our cap flexibility (if that matters in the new CBA as much as it does now).

8. Kirilenko

I don't want to break the bank on a FA -- would rather keep 2012 flexiblity -- but perhaps we can convince Kirilenko to (a) take a shot at a ring and (b) rebuild his playing rep for one last big contract. I'd also take a shot at Marc Gasol, but the chances of that seem unlikely.

9. Nenad Krstic
10. Avery Bradley
11. Sasha Pavlovic

Krstic only if it's a one-year deal (though he may sign overseas again). Would like to make sure Bradley gets 10-15 min/gm... that's my one complaint with Doc is not letting rooks work through their adjustment to the NBA in real games.

I may be the only one who liked Sasha Pavlovic, but I thought he brought some fiesty-ness off the bench at the 3 position.

12. #25 pick
13. #55 pick

#25 preferably a big man, but regardless of position I'd like to draft an NBA-ready guy (college Jrs. or Srs. like Tony Allen, Delonte, Gomes) over a project (Bradley, Bill Walker (both of whom are nice players but we need talent right away IMO)).

#55 I'm looking for Ainge to add an NBA-ready player here too (a la Gomes, Harangody)

so youre basically in "lets try to get dwight howard in 2012 & disregard next season" mode

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 05:14:17 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

1. Rondo
2. Delonte
3. Pierce
4. Garnett
5. J. O'Neal

6. Ray Allen
7. Jeff Green

8. Kirilenko

9. Nenad Krstic
10. Avery Bradley
11. Sasha Pavlovic

12. #25 pick
13. #55 pick

For me the compelling question about this team would be does Roy learn to love Ak-47 or holds steadfast to his anti gun stance (get it?)?

My hope is as follows
1.keep pretty much the same core
2. grab a good player in the draft who turns out to be a steal.
3. Avery Bradley plays very well and shows bright things to come.
4. Jeff Green fits into the system and learns how to be aggressive in the offseason.
5. We sign a decent player to the MLE.

While these are not very likely, they would give us a great shot at contending next year as well as give me a lot of hope for time after the big 3.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 05:19:20 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Rajon Rondo
Ray Allen
Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnett
Jermaine O'Neal

Jeff Green
Nenad Krstic
Delonte West
A back-up point guard
Troy Murphy or the best affordable free agent big man

Sean Williams or Courtney Sims from the D-League
Avery Bradley
First round pick
Second round pick
This year's version of Chris Johnson or Stephane Lasme
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 11:26:07 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
For one last run, this may work if we can get Oden and he is healthy. And if Glenn Davis would wise up and realize his role again, he is a great 6th man!!!

PG:Rondo/Bradley
SG:Ray Allen/Michael Redd
SF:Pierce/Green
PF:KG/Davis
C:JO/Oden
Plus draft picks

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 12:02:45 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Banner 18

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 07:40:24 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 229
My hope for the 2011-2012 boston celtics 15 man roster (within the realm of possibility)

1. Rajon Rondo
2. Paul Pierce
3. Kevin Garnett
4. Ray Allen
5. J.R. Smith
6. Marcin Gortat
7. Jermaine O'Neal
8. Troy Murphy
9. Sasha Pavlovic
10.Avery Bradley
11.Carlos Arroyo
12.Kenneth Faried (Is a guy who can have an immediate impact)
13.Mario West (always liked him, hard worker)
14.Matt Howard
15.Antoine Walker (Yup. Yup)

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 08:42:58 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Rondo
Allen
Pierce
KG
O'Donnell (25 minutes of basketball and 10 minutes of football)

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 09:57:50 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
CP3
JO
PP
DWEST
JGREEN

D12

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 10:31:38 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 733
"My hope is as follows
1.keep pretty much the same core
2.grab a good player in the draft who turns out to be a steal.
3.Avery Bradley plays very well
4.Jeff Green fits in and learns how to be aggressive.
5.We sign a decent player to the MLE."

if Jeff Green ain't aggressive by now - it's not gonna happen. it's not something you can learn - it's either a part of your basic nature or it's not ..... and Green is soft, soft, soft.

The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2011, 12:00:44 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Since this is hope.  As I've posted elsewhere I'm hoping for a  starter with a good understudy that can take a lot of minutes and "perhaps" eventually take over as a starter.

So that's how I'll post it.

There will be exceptions at the 1 and the 5 where I think they will be set in our rotation.

Starters
Center: #25 Pick or free agent (Deandre Jordan)
PF: KG
SF: Pierce
SG: Ray
PG: Rondo

Backup Center: Jermaine Oneal
PF: Jason Thompson
SF: Jeff Green
SG: Kelenna Azuibike
PG Delonte West

Krylo Fesenko
Avery Bradley
Backup wing #55 draft pick