Author Topic: Chris Paul ruled out for Game 6  (Read 2197 times)

Re: Chris Paul ruled out for Game 6
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2018, 06:55:57 PM »

Offline BlastFromThePast

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 78
Silver has got to know Cavs vs GS series is a total loser for TV  ratings .    Almost nobody wants to see Cavs dragged to the Guillotine. with tired old LeWhine .....cringe

Celtics will provide the he he best TV rating

maybe Silver finally gives the refs the cut thoat sign on Lebron.s run.

I agree with the 1st part but not necessarily that the C"s will get the "nod" shall we say.  It's still dependent on what happens in the West.  If it's GSW, the C's are in but if the Rockets are somehow hold and win that series, "odds" are that Cavs get into the finals as Bron's last chance to get another ring he covets to "cement" himself in the minds of many that he is the GOAT with more "merchandising" power than even more and guess who else benefits from that?.

I think Paul sits game 6 and let's see if he makes a remarkable come back from injury.  That will be a "tell" re: which direction the "Association" decides to go...for revenue purposes.

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2018, 07:07:16 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Almost nobody wants to see Cavs dragged to the Guillotine. with tired old LeWhine .....cringe

I am sure people in CLE want to see it.  I certainly don't

Celtics will provide the he he best TV rating

My magic eightball is saying yes to this....

Yet the real slam-dunk ratings victory was on cable with ESPN’s airing of Game 5 of the NBA Eastern Conference Finals, a solid victory for the surging Boston Celtics. Now leading the series 3-2, Boston beat LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers 96-83. The triumph scored a 5.7 metered market result for the Disney-owned sports net and won the night overall.

Not only did the game give ESPN a win but continued the trend of that the NBA playoffs is proving a magnet for America’s eyeballs this year. Case in point, Wednesday’s Game 5 was up a nice 30% from last year’s comparable battle when the same two teams faced off in a series the Cavs ultimately won. To pull back to a slightly larger perspective, the 2018 NBA playoffs are up 17% overall over 2017 at this point.

https://deadline.com/2018/05/celtics-win-nba-ratings-rise-empire-survivor-espn-fox-1202397311/

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2018, 09:24:38 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
it is time for James harden to stop playing like garbage and like the "MVP" he supposedly is this year.