Author Topic: Wade end of game dunk  (Read 11037 times)

Re: Wade end of game dunk
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 03:08:10 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
According to LeBron, Philly was "breakfast"...

LeBron James playfully dismissed the Sixers as "breakfast," which was consumed not without a couple of hard swallows Wednesday, and now we get to see: Will the Heat enjoy their lunch, or have it handed to them?

However, as James said, it's lunchtime for a Heat team looking for its just desserts.

I'm hoping LeBron's "lunch" consists of a hot cup of fail, a generous portion of crow, and a thick slice of humble pie for dessert.

and some Pepto Bismol. :D
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 03:17:56 PM »

Offline Employee8

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71
If that happened to the Celtics as the Heat was just about to close them out...well I think KG would've been suspended for his actions till 2014.

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 03:23:31 PM »

Offline prov1ml34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 68
The one silver lining of that play was that it pushed their lead up to 6, keeping their abysmal record of games decided by 5 points  ;D

Thank your for this tid-bit of information. He was classless and it ends up hurting them in the end. I am all for that! Not that stats mean anything but it is still awesome to see a "good" stat like that hold up :)
DKC Dallas Mavericks                         
PG: Darren Collison
SG: OJ Mayo
SF: Jae Crowder
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Jackie Carmichael
C: Brandan Wright/Rudy Gobert
Coach - Rick Carlisle

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 03:35:01 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
I never root for this kind of stuff but after the dunk I was kind of hoping one of the Sixers would bounce the ball off Wade's head or something. 

Remember when Ricky Davis shot at his own basket to try to get a triple-double and the Utah guy immediately just bodychecked him for being such a tool?  Kinda like that.  Classless move by D-Wade.

I was hoping for the same thing. Philadelphia just took the high road.

And let me just reinterate exactly how ridiculous what Wade did was; PHILADELPHIA took the high road. PHILADELPHIA.

That's how low-brow the Heat are. Man I'm so looking forward to this.

Right on. I can't wait to see them get punked.

i just hope Paul makes some reference to eating breakfast or something like that after we win.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2011, 03:37:09 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584

LeBron James playfully dismissed the Sixers as "breakfast," which was consumed not without a couple of hard swallows Wednesday, and now we get to see: Will the Heat enjoy their lunch, or have it handed to them?

However, as James said, it's lunchtime for a Heat team looking for its just desserts.

I'm hoping LeBron's "lunch" consists of a hot cup of fail, a generous portion of crow, and a thick slice of humble pie for dessert.

and some Pepto Bismol. :D
Oh, Barefacedmonk, you are too kind.  Save the Pepto for someone who deserves pain relief!  ha ha ha ha
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2011, 03:38:34 PM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
If that happened to the Celtics as the Heat was just about to close them out...well I think KG would've been suspended for his actions till 2014.
Oh you know HeatSPN would've been so angry at KG. He would've been criticized for embarrassing the Heat.

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2011, 03:41:52 PM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84

Well I hope he's ready for lunch and dessert served by non other than the Celtics. He needs some humble pie for dessert along a helping of beat down by bean town soup for lunch. I used to feel sympathy for LeBron, but he talks too much mess and Wade changed a lot from what I remember of him. He's letting LeBron rub off on him and Chris Bosh is just a non factor to me.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 04:10:39 PM by JoT »

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2011, 03:43:50 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Dessert, huh?  A choking big helping of Humble Pie, perhaps?
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2011, 04:03:05 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
I used to hear people talk about Fisher as being "classy".  I never saw it before he screwed the Jazz.  He's always been a jerk.

I see the same thing with Wade.  At best, I see Wade as a primadonna drama queen.  I wasn't surprised by the narcissistic classless crap upon the decision and I'm not surprised by anything now....Least of all this.

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2011, 04:10:52 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2011, 04:16:56 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg

strong meal puns.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2011, 04:28:29 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
LeBron is gonna be having a hearty lunch of losing at important basketball games, followed by a dinner of uncomfortable press conferences, and a dessert of being incredibly wealthy and famous with the entire summer off in Miami Beach .

...ok so dessert's not so bad, but the rest is gonna sting like hell.

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2011, 04:32:26 PM »

Offline toinewalka

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
Class-less move.  If it wasn't the last game in the series, you better believe someone would have given a HARD fould in the next game.

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2011, 04:35:06 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
After LeBron James declared that closing out the Philadelphia 76ers in Game 5 of its playoff series was akin to the Miami Heat “finishing our breakfast,” the star inspired a roar of laughter and eye rolls in the visiting locker room.

Philadelphia guard Lou Williams passed out breakfast nicknames to his 76ers teammates prior to tip on Wednesday night at American Airlines Arena, including the dubbing of 7-footer Spencer Hawes(notes) as “Over Easy” and forward Andres Nocioni(notes) as “Huevos Rancheros.”

“We not only took exception to the quote, but to the analogy,” Hawes told Yahoo! Sports before Game 5. “A lot of times people don’t finish breakfast. It’s kind of one of those deals where you’re not very hungry in the morning, and you might take a couple of bites to get you going, and then you roll out the door … Not a great analogy, I don’t think.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_sixers_upset_by_lebron_breakfast_analogy_042711

"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2011, 04:37:49 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
After LeBron James declared that closing out the Philadelphia 76ers in Game 5 of its playoff series was akin to the Miami Heat “finishing our breakfast,” the star inspired a roar of laughter and eye rolls in the visiting locker room.

Philadelphia guard Lou Williams passed out breakfast nicknames to his 76ers teammates prior to tip on Wednesday night at American Airlines Arena, including the dubbing of 7-footer Spencer Hawes(notes) as “Over Easy” and forward Andres Nocioni(notes) as “Huevos Rancheros.”

“We not only took exception to the quote, but to the analogy,” Hawes told Yahoo! Sports before Game 5. “A lot of times people don’t finish breakfast. It’s kind of one of those deals where you’re not very hungry in the morning, and you might take a couple of bites to get you going, and then you roll out the door … Not a great analogy, I don’t think.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_sixers_upset_by_lebron_breakfast_analogy_042711

I'd hate to be a 7-footer with the nickname of "Over Easy." That doesn't sound right.

"Huevos Rancheros" is classic, though.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague