24 (19.8%)
Nets
24 (19.8%)
Clippers
6 (5%)
Other
12 (9.9%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Author Topic: The Kyrie Irving free agency thread(to sign 4yr/$141M w/Nets page 105)  (Read 146903 times)

Re: Was Kyrie intentionally missing shots?
« Reply #855 on: May 11, 2019, 07:04:41 PM »

Offline fingerlakes

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13
I don't believe Irving was missing shots intentionally. However, the fact that we even have a thread about Kyrie missing shots intentionally speaks volumes about the melodrama Kyrie has created this year. Would this forum ever have a thread about Bird or even Pierce missing shots intentionally ? H%#L  NO.

This day and age....who knows...

Listened to Bob Ryan on Goodman's podcast and they both thought Kyrie played like he was hurt.  Scalabrine said many times he had no explanation for Kyrie's shooting.  Last i looked Bledsoe was no Gary Payton and their best defensive guard was out most of the series.  The Bucks guards are their weak link and Kyrie can score on anybody.  His shot is always near the center of the rim and his shot is near always on target.  The dude can shoot.  But watch those shots again.  That one air ball was two feet short. Lots of his shots were no where near the hole. Maybe the guy is ailing or maybe he just half ass'd his shots because he had cashed the 2019 season in.  That is just as bad as intentionally missing.  We beat this team last season  without the diva and you telling me the Brook Lopez addition and Brogdon subtraction makes this team so [dang] unbeatable.  It's practically the same team.  I don't buy it.  Kyrie checked out at some point in this series. 
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 07:22:54 PM by fingerlakes »

Re: The Kyrie Irving complaint and free agency thread
« Reply #856 on: May 11, 2019, 07:12:01 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
https://sports.yahoo.com/kyrie-irving-eyeing-lakers-194252990.html

Not surprising at all.

He's gonna run back to Bron.

Windhorst isn’t exactly the most objective here. He pretty much works for Bron, and is the media/reporter equivalent of Rich Paul.

And I’m sure it’s no coinicidence at all that this comes out the very next day after the rumor about AD potentially being willing to stay in Boston with or without Kyrie.

Re: Was Kyrie intentionally missing shots?
« Reply #857 on: May 11, 2019, 07:24:52 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I don't believe Irving was missing shots intentionally. However, the fact that we even have a thread about Kyrie missing shots intentionally speaks volumes about the melodrama Kyrie has created this year. Would this forum ever have a thread about Bird or even Pierce missing shots intentionally ? H%#L  NO.

Listened to Bob Ryan on Goodman's podcast and they both thought Kyrie played like he was hurt.  Scalabrine said many times he had no explanation for Kyrie's shooting.  Last i looked Bledsoe was no Gary Payton and their best defensive guard was out most of the series.  The Bucks guards are their weak link and Kyrie can score on anybody.  His shot is always near the center of the rim and his shot is near always on target.  The dude can shoot.  But watch those shots again.  That one air ball was two feet short. Lots of his shots were no where near the hole. Maybe the guy is ailing or maybe he just half ass'd his shots because he had cashed the 2019 season in.  That is just as bad as intentionally missing.  We beat this team last season  without the diva and you telling me the Brook Lopez addition and Brogdon subtraction makes this team so [dang] unbeatable.  I don't buy it.  Kyrie checked out at some point in this series.

One more time for the cheap seats in the back. The Bucks went from the 8th seed to 1st seed with the best overall record in the league. Giannis is likely the MVP. They're a much better team than they were last season. This year's Bucks team would probably wax last year's Celtics team.

People can hate Kyrie all they want, but give Milwaukee credit for what they've done.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #858 on: May 11, 2019, 07:25:51 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Listened to Bob Ryan on Goodman's podcast and they both thought Kyrie played like he was hurt.  Scalabrine said many times he had no explanation for Kyrie's shooting.  Last i looked Bledsoe was no Gary Payton and their best defensive guard was out most of the series.  The Bucks guards are their weak link and Kyrie can score on anybody.  His shot is always near the center of the rim and his shot is near always on target.  The dude can shoot.  But watch those shots again.  That one air ball was two feet short. Lots of his shots were no where near the hole. Maybe the guy is ailing or maybe he just half ass'd his shots because he had cashed the 2019 season in.  That is just as bad as intentionally missing.  We beat this team last season  without the diva and you telling me the Brook Lopez addition and Brogdon subtraction makes this team so [dang] unbeatable.  I don't buy it.  Kyrie checked out at some point in this series. 

Giannis got better, a lot better.  Lopez, Ilyasova, and Mirotic all were new additions, which gave Milwaukee a deep front line.  George Hill and Pat Connaughton were new.  They hired a real coach. Add all that up and yes, the Bucks have been significantly better this season.

« Reply #859 on: May 11, 2019, 10:50:56 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I think at some point soon, either Wyc or Ainge (depending on his recovery) should address the fans and give their take on the state of the team in some capacity (either through a newspaper interview, radio appearance, etc.)

I think everyone who follows this team is owed some type of explanation for this putrid season.

Fyi, I am listening to Bill Simmons' recent podcast on Youtube. He's talking with Sean Grande about what he thinks led to the downfall of team, at 25:30 mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBPnMWZaX6k

« Reply #860 on: May 12, 2019, 11:33:00 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Not surprising at all.

Windhorst isn’t exactly the most objective here. He pretty much works for Bron, and is the media/reporter equivalent of Rich Paul.

And I’m sure it’s no coinicidence at all that this comes out the very next day after the rumor about AD potentially being willing to stay in Boston with or without Kyrie.

I mean people are actually going to believe that. I guess when Kyrie has a bad series then anything rumor that's negative will be likely believed.

« Reply #861 on: May 12, 2019, 11:36:18 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Not surprising at all.

I mean people are actually going to believe that. I guess when Kyrie has a bad series then anything rumor that's negative will be likely believed.
Pho is probably overlooking the fact that it's Windbhag to justify his pessimism
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 12:08:48 PM by gouki88 »
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #862 on: May 12, 2019, 11:45:49 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Im saying Lakers..should trade him at all star break for Kuzman, Ball and Ingram 😜
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Windhorst/Macmullin: Kyrie could consider lakers
« Reply #863 on: May 13, 2019, 04:01:27 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Brian Windhorst and Jackie MacMullan separately suggested there is a possibility of Kyrie Irving signing with the Los Angeles Lakers to reunite with LeBron James.

Irving requested a trade from the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2017 at least in part because he no longer wanted to play with James.

"As time passes here, I would have said this was impossible for many months," said Brian Windhorst. "But as time passes here and the possibility exists that Jason Kidd could be hired as the Lakers' coach, I think the possibility of Kyrie and LeBron reuniting is.. you know that door which was deadbolted has been un-deadbolted and is now cracked open.

"Definitely, no question. No question about that," replied Jackie MacMullan.

"Might even be opening more by the day. I just think it's on Kyrie's radar. It's on Kyrie's board. He has had discussions with people about playing for the Lakers. But as you said it's pretty difficult to read him.

"I asked him point-blank, Brian. I asked him this very question," said MacMullan.

"I said, 'you know what everybody's saying, Kyrie, they're saying now you're going to go back with LeBron'.

"And he looked at me and he laughed. I said 'Is that a yes or a no?'

"And he laughed again and he put his arm around me and then he left. So determine that what you may. That was three weeks ago. Three or four weeks ago. So everything is in play with him right now
."

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/podcast/archive/_/id/12426375

Re: Windhorst/Macmullin: Kyrie could consider lakers
« Reply #864 on: May 13, 2019, 04:05:22 AM »

Offline OnPoint

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 128
It would be the ultimate villain move.

« Reply #865 on: May 13, 2019, 04:08:56 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Celtics fans deserve that

« Reply #866 on: May 13, 2019, 04:13:38 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
That would be crazy. I would commend Kyrie for doing that. For putting his ego aside and reuniting with LeBron.

Imagine if Kobe and Shaq had of done that. Wow.

That would show great character.

« Reply #867 on: May 13, 2019, 04:19:30 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
If Kyrie said literally anything, it would be a story.
He finally did the right (Kawhi) thing and just kept his mouth shut.

BTW, I am just waiting for a big Windhorst article about LeBron being a victim of evil management(s) once again.
The goal of the article will be to evoke compassion that lies within us.
LBJ is, of course, powerless and never wants to rock the boat, but everyone around him is dysfunctional and insincere.
He is just trying to be a good soldier, even with a knife stuck in his back by his childhood idol.
 :'(
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #868 on: May 13, 2019, 04:21:52 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
So when directly asked if he is going to go play with LeBron in LA, Kyrie laughs, walks away without answering the question and that somehow comes out to Jackie thinks LA is definitely in play for ?

Wow, silly season is now in full swing.

« Reply #869 on: May 13, 2019, 04:57:10 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
So when directly asked if he is going to go play with LeBron in LA, Kyrie laughs, walks away without answering the question and that somehow comes out to Jackie thinks LA is definitely in play for ?

Wow, silly season is now in full swing.
Jackie's age...wine-vinegar.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."