Author Topic: Bucher/Simmons huge Celtics controversy  (Read 10140 times)

Re: Bucher/Simmons huge Celtics controversy
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 05:32:36 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i do believe marc spears would have had that story long long ago if it were true...

If I remember correctly, I think he was the one who had it over the summer.

It was actually Wojo: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-rondoceltics102209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

looks like ric laker is a day late and a dollar short

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 05:40:11 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
ESPN more like TMZ.

Yep.  ESPN is in one business -- drawing eyeballs to its website and tv channel.  That's it.  Question: How many people reading this topic clicked through to ESPN?  Answer: More than a couple, i'd guess.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2009, 05:47:33 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Thank you for posting the podcast.  It was interesting.  All I can say is take it with "A Grain of Salt".... ;) We will see...tonight the big three won't be there, except for Ray.  Some interesting thing were said about Sheed, too: from Sheed is out of shape and does't care about the game, to Sheed is really into the game.  I guess we will see which one is closer to the truth.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2009, 05:48:11 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
i do believe marc spears would have had that story long long ago if it were true...

It was actually Wojo: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-rondoceltics102209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Ah, my bad...had the right website though.

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2009, 05:49:57 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1646
  • What a Pub Should Be
If this was coming from Steve Bulpett or one of the other beat writers or people I trust for day to day insight to the team, then I'd take it more seriously.

What I hear here is a couple of national media types (none with day to day insight into the Celtics) sharing a lot of speculation on the current state of the Celtics and the internal workings.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2009, 06:04:21 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i do agree that sheed is out of shape and goes through the motions quite a bit...he really needs to get on board

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2009, 06:33:46 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
I work for the Suns but also provide the special security for some of the Celtics if needed for their nightlife if they decide they want to do that after game. But with that siad, I will have a extra eye on the so called rift Bucher & Simmons are talking about. Hope its not true at all & I will be on the floor close & right behind the bench so I will indeed let everyone know what I see. The Celtics was one of the more classy & together teams who visited Phoenix last year except for Gabe Pruitt(was his detective doing his private security last season & he had me out til 5 on a game morning, which he played half sober just 5hrs later). But everyone seemed very together & joking alot so this information of a rift is very interesting. Hope I can be the 1st to report its not true. Go Celts!

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2009, 06:41:54 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

Do the Boston beat guys even go to all the games?  I'm not sure they do.  Back in the day they followed the team.  But now I think they just watch them on tv. 

the majority of them attend the games.  i know this bc my season tickets are located right near them. i have been friendly with bulpett for years and had a similar relationship with spears for the short amount of time he was here.  spears was a really cool guy willing to talk hoops anytime.  he used to hook me up with the media stat sheets from each quarter

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2009, 06:49:29 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I work for the Suns but also provide the special security for some of the Celtics if needed for their nightlife if they decide they want to do that after game. But with that siad, I will have a extra eye on the so called rift Bucher & Simmons are talking about. Hope its not true at all & I will be on the floor close & right behind the bench so I will indeed let everyone know what I see. The Celtics was one of the more classy & together teams who visited Phoenix last year except for Gabe Pruitt(was his detective doing his private security last season & he had me out til 5 on a game morning, which he played half sober just 5hrs later). But everyone seemed very together & joking alot so this information of a rift is very interesting. Hope I can be the 1st to report its not true. Go Celts!

Wow ... very cool to have someone on the "inside" here ... I didn't know Gabe was such a partier ... that's disappointing ... I'm surprised he wasn't disciplined for such behavior. (TP)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2009, 07:01:02 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Fascinating story.  I'm sure I'm not alone when saying that I look forward to your comments following tonight's game.  Good luck at the game, and ... Go Cs!!!!
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2009, 07:07:36 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1646
  • What a Pub Should Be

Do the Boston beat guys even go to all the games?  I'm not sure they do.  Back in the day they followed the team.  But now I think they just watch them on tv. 

the majority of them attend the games.  i know this bc my season tickets are located right near them. i have been friendly with bulpett for years and had a similar relationship with spears for the short amount of time he was here.  spears was a really cool guy willing to talk hoops anytime.  he used to hook me up with the media stat sheets from each quarter

Yeah, I met Marc Spears at Healthpoint once and talked a bit to him.  Really cool guy. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2009, 07:10:25 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Wow ... very cool to have someone on the "inside" here ... I didn't know Gabe was such a partier ... that's disappointing ... I'm surprised he wasn't disciplined for such behavior. (TP)
Wasn't it just a couple days later that Pruitt got a DUI in LA after a Clips game? Guess KG ended Bias was one of the few here that weren't surprised by that news, huh?

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2009, 07:19:13 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Regarding local writers, I've met:

Dan Shaughnessy - yes, he's as big a dink as he sounds on TV and in his columns.

Bob Ryan - briefly at a book signing

Jackie McMullen - absolute sweetheart who gave me the time of day and about five minutes of sports talk with her when she got in long line behind me at a store once.

Mike Caraggi - most of you have never heard of him but you will. He currently is working the high school beat for the Globe and boston.com but he's just 21 and has a huge future. He's a friend of my son's and has been over the house a ton of time during their high school years. He's a ginormous Celtics fan and Doc hater.

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2009, 01:32:00 AM »

Offline Discoflux

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 22
even if there is a rift it's the veterans' club to lead and Rondo and his little punk buddies can wait in line and do as they're told.

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2009, 01:34:13 AM »

Offline Discoflux

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 22

looks like ric laker is a day late and a dollar short
yeah, a meeting of the minds between Ric Laker and Bill Celtic.