Author Topic: Favors should be the target  (Read 1174 times)

Favors should be the target
« on: July 09, 2015, 11:37:11 PM »

Offline number17

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Still 23 - 6' 10" legit shot blocker (1.7 bpg)and low post presence .  Under very reasonable contract for next 3 years (10-12 mil per). 16 and 10 last year.

Perhaps we offer Bradley, Olynk, late first rounder (or some similar combo - NOT Smart).

Normally Id say they would never give him up, but they have their franchise center in gobert, and nust drafted a Pf in lyles.  They want to win now they'd likely want our most established players.
"I don't believe in living in the past; I think the past is for cowards...you live in the past, you die in the past."
-Mike Ditka

Re: Favors should be the target
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 11:41:14 PM »

Offline sawick48

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
Still 23 - 6' 10" legit shot blocker (1.7 bpg)and low post presence .  Under very reasonable contract for next 3 years (10-12 mil per). 16 and 10 last year.

Perhaps we offer Bradley, Olynk, late first rounder (or some similar combo - NOT Smart).

Normally Id say they would never give him up, but they have their franchise center in gobert, and nust drafted a Pf in lyles.  They want to win now they'd likely want our most established players.

that package isnt getting favors.  they're going to give away a potential franchise big with 4 years of experience already at the age of 23 for that?  i refer you to what i said in the Steve Bulpett post:

stop overvaluing our guys.  Utah would be insane to deal a 6'10", 270lb monster who can put up 15 and 8 already without even really knowing what to do on a basketball court.  and for an undersized, 1.5 dimensional 2 guard that can't run an offense and Kelly O who's already older than him?  not in a million years.

any Favors deal probably starts with Smart, Sullinger, and a pick.

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 11:42:31 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
If they want to win now, they'd do a lot better at accomplishing that goal by keeping the better player in Favors and not downgrading for one of the Celtics' mediocre bigs.

And Lyles is a perfect compliment to Favors and Gobert since he can stretch the floor. They don't have much need for Olynyk with Lyles on board, at least not at the expense of Favors.

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 11:47:13 PM »

Offline number17

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Fair enough - like I said im not necessarily suggesting those exact players, just the idea of going after him.  If we can get him without giving up Smart id do it. I agree it us unlikely but i dont think the idea is THAT absurd.
"I don't believe in living in the past; I think the past is for cowards...you live in the past, you die in the past."
-Mike Ditka

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 11:51:33 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I doubt they drafted Lyles to be a starter, I see him more as a career role player off the bench.

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 11:55:21 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I just don't think the Jazz are stupid enough to trade Favors. If we could get him, I'd give up virtually anything for him. I think he makes the leap to stardom this year.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 12:00:26 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
Its not absurd at all. Its about finding targets and Favors could be one. We have a lot of picks to offer. I know they are not all number 1 picks but we do have the ability to trade more than anything that was turned down, so I don't think it's absurd to discuss trading for just about anyone. I think because we are under the cap we could just offer 1 player Sully or KO and picks, so there could be some savings for Utah. Ainge probably has 10-20 guys he is targeting it's not absurd to think Favors could be on that list.

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 12:06:46 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Its not absurd at all. Its about finding targets and Favors could be one. We have a lot of picks to offer. I know they are not all number 1 picks but we do have the ability to trade more than anything that was turned down, so I don't think it's absurd to discuss trading for just about anyone. I think because we are under the cap we could just offer 1 player Sully or KO and picks, so there could be some savings for Utah. Ainge probably has 10-20 guys he is targeting it's not absurd to think Favors could be on that list.

I hope he's on the list. I just don't think it's realistic for the exact reasons we want him. The frontcourt pairing of Favors and Gobert could be lethal for the next decade, it just doesn't make sense to me to ruin that. If we offer them Sully and all the Brooklyn picks for Favors and they accept it, I'd be jumping with joy.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers