Author Topic: Jabari Bird arrested  (Read 46180 times)

Re: Jabari Bird arrested
« Reply #240 on: September 14, 2018, 08:49:46 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
It blows my mind how 'some' people here think they have all the answers to what's going on in this scenario based on what's being stated in the media.  Unless you're the judge or a part of the jury when this case goes to court, you have zero clue as to what really happened here, despite what you think you know because of...

If he is guilty it will be determined in the court of law and if prison is his outcome then that's something he'll have to live with, but to convict and say someone belongs in prison without knowing all the facts is juvenile and irresponsible to say the least.

This is why we have a court of law.

Hopefully the woman recovers fully from her injuries, both physically and mentally.

What’s the set of facts that makes torturing somebody for four hours acceptable? Something that shouldn’t be strongly condemned?

It could've been fabricated. I don't think it is, but we can't 100% be sure unless we were there. That is why we wait until the case is resolve to condemn anyone.

I’m 100% sure.

Were you there?

No, I just don’t believe in magical thinking.

So you are not there, yet you are 100% sure, without a sliver of doubt, that it could be fabricated? For all we know, something else happened and the facts got twisted to make it look different. No, magical thinking is thinking you know what happened for sure. Shame on you, lost all respect.

You think it’s possible the woman gave herself extensive bruising, cuts, internal bleeding? Or that somebody else did it to her?

What is Jabari apologizing for, then? Why is he sending texts threatening to kill himself?

I’m 100% certain that Jabari injured the victim severely. There is no reasonable doubt about who inflicted the injuries.
I have no doubt he caused her injuries, but I have no idea why, who instigated and was the aggressor, etc.  Always better to just let the facts come out before jumping to conclusions.

To do what?  Give you piece of mind?

She was tortured to the point she lost consciousness and got the crap beaten out of her.  He's the one being charged.
No one knows if she really lost conscious or she just lying, and maybe she had a gun or knife, bird is just self-defending himslef

« Reply #241 on: September 14, 2018, 08:50:49 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
I don't understand why posters are speculating on baseless conspiracies. This incident is an example of Occam's razor. With all the awareness regarding domestic violence recently, the expectation is the public would be better informed. A lot more education is needed. Very sad.

« Reply #242 on: September 14, 2018, 08:56:03 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
It blows my mind how 'some' people here think they have all the answers to what's going on in this scenario based on what's being stated in the media.  Unless you're the judge or a part of the jury when this case goes to court, you have zero clue as to what really happened here, despite what you think you know because of...

If he is guilty it will be determined in the court of law and if prison is his outcome then that's something he'll have to live with, but to convict and say someone belongs in prison without knowing all the facts is juvenile and irresponsible to say the least.

Hopefully the woman recovers fully from her injuries, both physically and mentally.

What’s the set of facts that makes torturing somebody for four hours acceptable? Something that shouldn’t be strongly condemned?

so a psychotic episode has a time limit?

There is literally zero evidence of a “psychotic episode”.

Bird had a prolonged violent outburst, threats of suicide, seizures, and a 5-day stint in a mental health ward of a hospital.  There is no way anyone on this board can say he for sure had a psychotic episode, as none of us (I assume) have treated him, but he certainly showed some symptoms of one, and was most certainly evaluated for one during his time in care.  To say there literally is zero evidence is, well, just wrong.

What evidence do you have to suggest he was evaluated for a "psychotic episode"? Also, what symptoms did he have of a "psychotic episode"?
Suicidal thoughts and actions are common symptoms of psychosis, as is disordered behaviour, which this quite obviously falls under. Especially when you consider his absolute lack of violent history.
Your attempts to paint him out as some sociopathic abuser are really weird

He assaulted, kidnapped, and strangled the victim repeatedly. I did not have to paint him as one.

« Reply #243 on: September 14, 2018, 08:56:59 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Bird had a prolonged violent outburst, threats of suicide, seizures, and a 5-day stint in a mental health ward of a hospital.  There is no way anyone on this board can say he for sure had a psychotic episode, as none of us (I assume) have treated him, but he certainly showed some symptoms of one, and was most certainly evaluated for one during his time in care.  To say there literally is zero evidence is, well, just wrong.

What evidence do you have to suggest he was evaluated for a "psychotic episode"? Also, what symptoms did he have of a "psychotic episode"?
Suicidal thoughts and actions are common symptoms of psychosis, as is disordered behaviour, which this quite obviously falls under. Especially when you consider his absolute lack of violent history.

Threats of self-harm are common among abusers. It is considered emotional abuse. He did not have any disordered behavior. He assaulted a person. That's the only evidence we have. Your attempts at diagnosing Brief psychotic Disorder comes extremely short of the DSM-5 criteria. Furthermore, the DSM-5 does not use "suicidal thoughts" as a diagnostic criteria.
How can you call someone a sociopath then say he did not have any disordered behaviour? That makes no sense.

And it's not my attempts. I literally made no effort to diagnose him, as I, just like you, don't know nearly all the facts. That hasn't stopped you previously from making wild claims.

Also, the DSM-5 is pretty garbage. Blinded by ambition, as it wanted to 'effect a paradigm shift in psychiatric diagnosis', it is littered with writing mistakes and ambiguous wordings, making its diagnoses pretty garbage. It also prioritises profits above a proper intellectual exchange with the field, and it can lead to many diagnoses which should not really be there - one only needs to look at the ADD threshold being lowered, or the way in which grief has become regularly diagnosed as Major Depressive Disorder to see this. So excuse me if I don't value it.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #244 on: September 14, 2018, 09:01:45 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be

It could've been fabricated. I don't think it is, but we can't 100% be sure unless we were there. That is why we wait until the case is resolve to condemn anyone.

I’m 100% sure.

Were you there?

So you are not there, yet you are 100% sure, without a sliver of doubt, that it could be fabricated? For all we know, something else happened and the facts got twisted to make it look different. No, magical thinking is thinking you know what happened for sure. Shame on you, lost all respect.

You think it’s possible the woman gave herself extensive bruising, cuts, internal bleeding? Or that somebody else did it to her?

What is Jabari apologizing for, then? Why is he sending texts threatening to kill himself?

I’m 100% certain that Jabari injured the victim severely. There is no reasonable doubt about who inflicted the injuries.
I have no doubt he caused her injuries, but I have no idea why, who instigated and was the aggressor, etc.  Always better to just let the facts come out before jumping to conclusions.

She was tortured to the point she lost consciousness and got the crap beaten out of her.  He's the one being charged.
No one knows if she really lost conscious or she just lying, and maybe she had a gun or knife, bird is just self-defending himslef

So, let me guess this straight, maybe she was the aggressor.  Had a gun or knife.  Then somehow the tables turned.  But rather than call the cops, Bird decided to torture her for hours instead.  Why?  Just for the heck of it?

Why not call the police then?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #245 on: September 14, 2018, 09:02:24 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547

I’m 100% sure.

Were you there?

You see a plausible scenario where the victim was the aggressor? And is there any “instigation” that would justify these injuries?

I’ll concede that we don’t know why this happened, although the victim’s statement that Jabari confronted her about “trust issues” makes sense, particularly in light of the “come back or I’ll kill myself” behavior.
I have no idea what happened.  Maybe she was the one that went crazy, hitting him etc., and in his attempts to restrain her, he caused the injuries.  I wasn't there, I have no idea what happened.  The most likely scenario is he abused her, but that doesn't mean he did.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #246 on: September 14, 2018, 09:03:12 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't understand why posters are speculating on baseless conspiracies. This incident is an example of Occam's razor. With all the awareness regarding domestic violence recently, the expectation is the public would be better informed. A lot more education is needed. Very sad.

That’s why you see so many abusers end up in diversion programs or with slaps on the wrist. From my experience I’d say half the victims don’t cooperate, and for the other half you have to deal with a pool of jurors from which a certain percentage will be inclined to blame the victim / make excuses for the accused.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #247 on: September 14, 2018, 09:05:14 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney

Threats of self-harm are common among abusers. It is considered emotional abuse. He did not have any disordered behavior. He assaulted a person. That's the only evidence we have. Your attempts at diagnosing Brief psychotic Disorder comes extremely short of the DSM-5 criteria. Furthermore, the DSM-5 does not use "suicidal thoughts" as a diagnostic criteria.
How can you call someone a sociopath then say he did not have any disordered behaviour? That makes no sense.

And it's not my attempts. I literally made no effort to diagnose him, as I, just like you, don't know nearly all the facts. That hasn't stopped you previously from making wild claims.

Also, the DSM-5 is pretty garbage. Blinded by ambition, as it wanted to 'effect a paradigm shift in psychiatric diagnosis', it is littered with writing mistakes and ambiguous wordings, making its diagnoses pretty garbage. It also prioritises profits above a proper intellectual exchange with the field, and it can lead to many diagnoses which should not really be there - one only needs to look at the ADD threshold being lowered, or the way in which grief has become regularly diagnosed as Major Depressive Disorder to see this. So excuse me if I don't value it.
All diagnosis criteria, especially for Psycho disease, are for statistical and public convenient to execute, doesn't fit the criteria does not exclude the possibility of a disease

« Reply #248 on: September 14, 2018, 09:05:22 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547

I’m 100% sure.

Were you there?

So, let me guess this straight, maybe she was the aggressor.  Had a gun or knife.  Then somehow the tables turned.  But rather than call the cops, Bird decided to torture her for hours instead.  Why?  Just for the heck of it?

How do you know he tortured her for hours?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #249 on: September 14, 2018, 09:07:27 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I’m 100% sure.

Were you there?

You see a plausible scenario where the victim was the aggressor? And is there any “instigation” that would justify these injuries?

I’ll concede that we don’t know why this happened, although the victim’s statement that Jabari confronted her about “trust issues” makes sense, particularly in light of the “come back or I’ll kill myself” behavior.
I have no idea what happened.  Maybe she was the one that went crazy, hitting him etc., and in his attempts to restrain her, he caused the injuries.  I wasn't there, I have no idea what happened.  The most likely scenario is he abused her, but that doesn't mean he did.

She’s got cuts, extensive bruising, an injured eye, and internal bleeding, observed by both Police and a doctor.  He sent a text begging her to come back or he’d kill himself.

The “she attacked him” scenario makes no sense. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #250 on: September 14, 2018, 09:08:05 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney

I’m 100% sure.

Were you there?

Maybe he isn't at the right psycho condition either? maybe he didn't torture her for hours? we don't know what really happened

« Reply #251 on: September 14, 2018, 09:09:23 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney

I’m 100% sure.

Were you there?

She’s got cuts, extensive bruising, an injured eye, and internal bleeding, observed by both Police and a doctor.  He sent a text begging her to come back or he’d kill himself.

Maybe she used his phone to text herself in order to fake the situation

« Reply #252 on: September 14, 2018, 09:12:34 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be

I’m 100% sure.

Were you there?

How do you know he tortured her for hours?

Seriously?  The "according to police reports" items haven't tipped you off of what allegedly happened?   Or are we going to turn this into another silly semantic thing again?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #253 on: September 14, 2018, 09:15:20 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I’m 100% sure.

Were you there?

Maybe it was a clone of Jabari. The real Bird is on an alien spacecraft, where he’s no doubt being probed presently.  And maybe the victim turned into a werewolf, attacking Clone Jabari until he cast a spell attempting to return her to her human form. The spell worked, but not without side effects, as the former she-wolf received cuts, bruising and internal bleeding.

Can anybody say with absolute certainty that that didn’t happen?

« Reply #254 on: September 14, 2018, 09:26:51 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney

I’m 100% sure.

Were you there?

Maybe it was a clone of Jabari. The real Bird is on an alien spacecraft, where he’s no doubt being probed presently.  And maybe the victim turned into a werewolf, attacking Clone Jabari until he cast a spell attempting to return her to her human form. The spell worked, but not without side effects, as the former she-wolf received cuts, bruising and internal bleeding.

Can anybody say with absolute certainty that that didn’t happen?
People fake injuries in form of self hurting for money all the time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ac7LzckbW0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFoes7rsZBA
or from mental illness (Munchausen Syndrome)