Author Topic: Celtics Orlando Updates  (Read 29713 times)

Re: Celtics Orlando Updates
« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2020, 06:17:52 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Mike Conley was always one of my favorite PG's, hope he can bounce back. That Grizzlies team was something else.

https://twitter.com/DefPenHoops/status/1282867710523658241
He was starting to get a bit of a rhythm over the last 10 games. Good shooting splits, solid passing and scoring, solid defence too. I think it took him a long time to adjust from Memphis, which is fair given he played there 11 years

You are correct.

17/5/5 on 45/43/84 shooting splits for February, and 16/3/6 on 48/46//82 shooting splits for March.

Those are pretty good numbers.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2020, 08:43:03 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Read that Kemba sat out because he felt soreness in knee after working out.  I thought they were just slowly working him back in out of precaution, not because he had complained of experiencing pain.

So this is concerning to me.  If he is not fully healthy, I don't see this team going far in the playoffs.  We need a fully healthy and functioning Kemba.

The guy post all star game is not going to cut it.

i feel the same , but didn't want to be the one to make the comment
question is whether the soreness is enough to keep him out of a playoff game or just discomfort.  big difference.

« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2020, 08:48:16 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Mike Conley was always one of my favorite PG's, hope he can bounce back. That Grizzlies team was something else.

https://twitter.com/DefPenHoops/status/1282867710523658241
He was starting to get a bit of a rhythm over the last 10 games. Good shooting splits, solid passing and scoring, solid defence too. I think it took him a long time to adjust from Memphis, which is fair given he played there 11 years

You are correct.

17/5/5 on 45/43/84 shooting splits for February, and 16/3/6 on 48/46//82 shooting splits for March.

Those are pretty good numbers.
If he can play well then Utah are a dang dangerous team. Good scoring with Mitchell and Bogdanovic, playmaking and shooting with Conley & Ingles, and defence with Gobert & O’Neale. Solid team
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2020, 09:57:31 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
These Luka highlights get better each day:

https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/1283157495628943365

« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2020, 07:45:40 PM »

Offline NorthStation

• NCE
  • Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
Kemba Walker is missing practice every other day. I hear words from the local media like degenerative condition, silicon injections, 4 month lay off and Kemba is still suffering knee pain. Brad Stevens keeps telling us that Kemba needs to work on strengthening the Knee. Really? What was Kemba doing for the last 4 months? In my experience, strengthening the muscles and tendons around a joint means the joint is likely arthritic or damaged. This thing is not getting better...Celtics are stuck with his contract for 3 more years? Aye yi yi.

« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2020, 07:52:04 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Kemba Walker is missing practice every other day. I hear words from the local media like degenerative condition, silicon injections, 4 month lay off and Kemba is still suffering knee pain. Brad Stevens keeps telling us that Kemba needs to work on strengthening the Knee. Really? What was Kemba doing for the last 4 months? In my experience, strengthening the muscles and tendons around a joint means the joint is likely arthritic or damaged. This thing is not getting better...Celtics are stuck with his contract for 3 more years? Aye yi yi.

No matter what happens, I am confident it was a better signing than Gordon Hayward. So at least there's that.

« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2020, 08:34:22 PM »

Offline NorthStation

• NCE
  • Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6

No matter what happens, I am confident it was a better signing than Gordon Hayward. So at least there's that.

Yeah, not much luck with free agents lately.

« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2020, 10:28:11 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

What if it becomes worse than Gordon Hayward, where Kemba sits out 10 games, play 3 games and then sit out another 8 games, play 4 games and sit out another 13 games and he loses his shooting/driving confidence

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2020, 10:44:09 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

What if it becomes worse than Gordon Hayward, where Kemba sits out 10 games, play 3 games and then sit out another 8 games, play 4 games and sit out another 13 games and he loses his shooting/driving confidence
Even Dwyane Wade's completely shattered knees never forced him to miss games like that, so I think you're being very pessimistic with that scenario.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #114 on: July 16, 2020, 12:01:41 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
This is great:

https://twitter.com/ComplexSports/status/1283581489658175491

If I had to guess which player would have been the first to get reported for not wearing a mask, Dwight would have been at the top of my list.

« Reply #115 on: July 16, 2020, 12:06:01 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Yeah, not much luck with free agents lately.

Let me ask you both one serious question....

If we win the championship this year, will you give Hayward any credit, or is he still a sunk loss in your book?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #116 on: July 16, 2020, 12:44:04 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I was always a Hayward fan and applauded the signing when it was made. The first year was obviously a disaster and, while he was able to play in year 2, obviously things didn't go well (I always thought he should be the starter from day 1 - he earned that right despite what other teammates thought).

This year has gone well and I assume he has another one in him next year. should he pick up his option. If we win the championship this year, I will give him credit if he performs well in the Finals; however, since he is scheduled to miss pretty much the entire ECF (or at least most of it), I will likely give other players more credit.

To my comment about Kemba's contract vs Hayward's - Kemba just needs to have one more decent year out of three to come out on top. It wasn't a knock on Hayward - he just didn't even come close to living up to his contract (by no fault of his own)...but, yeah, if he wins Finals MVP, I will gladly tip my cap to him. I definitely want him to succeed.

« Reply #117 on: July 16, 2020, 08:30:23 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

My wife diagnosed IT early on as being cooked as an all star player ,  her words ....maybe he can be a great golfer and play ball with his kids and coach. UgH ....then DA traded him for Irving   

I m scard to ask her for an analysis of Kemba .   You know ...once bitten twice shy ....she is brutal truthful about injury.   Four months and he hasn't healed .  I just keep thinking about IT .  Somebody is withholding medical info ....either Kemba s camp or Bostons one ....somebody is not coming clean

« Reply #118 on: July 16, 2020, 10:44:12 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Oladipo now likely to play in Bubble.  This makes Indy a tough first round match up if they slide to 6 seed. Heck, maybe they don't slide and we get stuck playing Sixers in first round. 

« Reply #119 on: July 16, 2020, 02:04:51 PM »

Offline Tomo122

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
Id take the sixers with a healthy Kemba.

They have been a mess trying to intergrate Al, and now they are experimenting with Shake at the point and Simmons off ball!?

Think Embiid going to get annoyed real quick and it will be another drama.