Author Topic: Hayward: most points by a C’s bench player since 2005 ricky Davis’ 36 pts  (Read 541 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Gordon Hayward scored a season-high 35 points on 14-18 shooting as the Boston Celtics beat the Minnesota Timberwolves 113-102.

It was the most points by a Celtics reserve player since Ricky Davis scored 36 points in 2005.

Hayward also had three dunks in the game after not attempting more than one dunk in a game all season.

“I think it’s slowly getting there. Like, I think my lateral movement, it’s so much better since the beginning of the season. But I think that’s pretty close to where it was. I think vertically I still have a little ways to go. My ankle is a little sore right now. But I think in April and May it’ll be better than it is right now. I’m still doing stuff for my ankle every day, trying to get it better ... it’s the nature of the injury. It’s getting better," added Hayward.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/252112/Gordon-Hayward-Scores-Season-High-35-Points-Regaining-Lateral-Movement

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Honestly.. Id be happy if he lays no more eggs from now on.

Its really not that hard to ask for 12 to 16 points for an ex allstar who is in his prime while recovering from injury.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Honestly.. Id be happy if he lays no more eggs from now on.

Its really not that hard to ask for 12 to 16 points for an ex allstar who is in his prime while recovering from injury.
I like how you drop in that he’s recovering from an injury like it’s nothing, and not one of the more severe leg breaks the NBA has ever seen, alongside a setback surgery during the offseason.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
and he is the 2nd bench player to get 30+ in the last week.  Jaylen did it on 12/31/18.  We have a lot of talent on this team.  Gotta be patient til the team can gel a bit more.