Author Topic: Enes Kanter?  (Read 2887 times)

Re: Enes Kanter?
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2018, 10:20:23 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
he can't shoot the 3 so he doesn't fit brad stevens system.

the only reason "TIMELORD" gets playing time is so we can boost his value so we can trade 'em

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2018, 10:44:34 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Buy out candidate, sure why not, but hes gonna want a bigger role and plenty of suitors considering he will be cheap.

Trade? Absolutely not. He really isnt that good.

Yup. Definitely better to have on the roster than Jabari Bird.

And when Baynes come back, where does he fit in our rotation? Ainge was contacted by Jazz about him and he expressed no interest. He hasn't been able to adapt to the new NBA, and hes super slow on PnR defense. Does not fit our scheme at all, and he wants starting minutes, something even Fizdale wont give him.

But please go on how hes worth a roster spot and headaches.

I'm a for buyout candidate, but if we are trading we have to match salaries. Just not worth it.

We need center depth, but at what cost? I think this is the time to see what Yabusele and William's have in them.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2018, 12:39:29 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Buy out candidate, sure why not, but hes gonna want a bigger role and plenty of suitors considering he will be cheap.

And when Baynes come back, where does he fit in our rotation? Ainge was contacted by Jazz about him and he expressed no interest. He hasn't been able to adapt to the new NBA, and hes super slow on PnR defense. Does not fit our scheme at all, and he wants starting minutes, something even Fizdale wont give him.

I'm a for buyout candidate, but if we are trading we have to match salaries. Just not worth it.

We need center depth, but at what cost? I think this is the time to see what Yabusele and William's have in them.

When a team’s offense relies on taking a lot of 3 point shots like Brad’s, it means there will be more offensive rebounds available. We lack a good offensive rebounder. Kanter is an elite offensive rebounder.

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2018, 01:05:58 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

When a team’s offense relies on taking a lot of 3 point shots like Brad’s, it means there will be more offensive rebounds available. We lack a good offensive rebounder. Kanter is an elite offensive rebounder.

As you probably know, the Cs do not focus on offensive rebounds, because there is little correlation that having a good offensive rebounding team leads to team success. Most of the time, it's better if big man gets back and builds a wall around the paint to protect against fast breaks and force the opposing team into half-court sets.

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2018, 04:11:13 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
he can't shoot the 3 so he doesn't fit brad stevens system.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him add the 3. Weird that he hasn't already...

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2018, 05:32:13 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

As you probably know, the Cs do not focus on offensive rebounds, because there is little correlation that having a good offensive rebounding team leads to team success. Most of the time, it's better if big man gets back and builds a wall around the paint to protect against fast breaks and force the opposing team into half-court sets.
Well yeah, and I think that is wrongheaded. Absolutely was the major reason we lost to Rockets.