Poll

Who Is Boston's Sixth Man This Season? Vote TWICE!

Jayson Tatum
Gordon Hayward
Aron Baynes
Marcus Smart
Marcus Morris
Terry Rozier

Author Topic: Who Is Sixth Man? Vote Your First AND Second Choices!  (Read 5298 times)

Re: Who Is Sixth Man? Vote Your First AND Second Choices!
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2018, 03:38:47 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I think Baynes starts moving Tatum to the bench, so I voted for Tatum.  I think Boston is at its best when it starts the game with 2 bigs.

So, in that scenario, does Tatum come in for Baynes?
yep.  Basically what we saw in the playoffs where Morris often came in for Baynes as the first sub. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2018, 03:53:44 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164
I think Baynes starts moving Tatum to the bench, so I voted for Tatum.  I think Boston is at its best when it starts the game with 2 bigs.

So, in that scenario, does Tatum come in for Baynes?
yep.  Basically what we saw in the playoffs where Morris often came in for Baynes as the first sub.

This raises the issue of minutes: Hayward will certainly get starters minutes – but at whose expense? Maybe it will be spread out, or maybe, as your post perhaps suggests, Morris is the one who will take the hit.
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2018, 09:12:30 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
This will be determined by several variables. Obviously everyone being reasonably healthy is a must. Also depends  on who the 5 starters are for the season. Marcus Smart is the easy answer but only under  certain conditions.

I picked Baynes  and Tatum  because I  think whichever doesnt start may be first off the bench with or before Smart. This of course is also dependent on Haywards readiness at the beginning of the season.

I believe  Brad will give him (Gordon) plenty of run with different combinations of players at the beginning of the season to establish chemistry and  determine our best rotaions.

Still not sure Smart will be first off the bench but it may be completely fluid depending on matchups.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2018, 10:15:35 PM »

Offline IndyCelt

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 4
I would still have to go with McHale , best 6th man ever

« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2018, 11:50:36 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164

I believe  Brad will give him (Gordon) plenty of run with different combinations of players at the beginning of the season to establish chemistry and  determine our best rotaions.

Still not sure Smart will be first off the bench but it may be completely fluid depending on matchups.

This is pretty much what happened last season; it was a couple of months before Baynes became the regular starter.
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021