Author Topic: Robert Upshaw - the next Andre Drummond?  (Read 8589 times)

Re: Robert Upshaw - the next Andre Drummond?
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2015, 11:59:59 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I just looked at as much footage of Upshaw as I could find...I will say this, his effort certainly doesn't remind you of Joakim Noah. lol

His motor is lackadaisical, his effort is up and down, his ability is much better than good when he works at it. He really counts on his height and length much of the time. He's always standing straight up at critical moments on D. If he gets sealed, he doesn't really get tough or even aggressive, he excepts what just happened, and deals with it as best as he can. He's not slow, but he seldom looks hungry or intense either.

If your the type of fan that enjoys an in your face Joakim Noah, KG, or Perk, type of effort from a big, he will disappoint. In fact if he played with KG and Perk I would be frightened for him. (I know they're men, he's not.)

I was a big proponent of drafting him, as I have always preached ... I just don't know. Not at 16 at least. He would really has to show well at the combine to make me feel comfortable.   

("Danny please trade up from 16 if you can")

Re: Robert Upshaw - the next Andre Drummond?
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2015, 09:45:34 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'd be okay with Upshaw at 28 but too early to take the gamble at #16.  He could turn out to be Fab Melo 2.0.  What offensive game does he have?

"Offensively, Upshaw showed some flashes on occasion this past season, scoring nearly 18 points per-40 on an excellent 60% shooting from the field. He was one of the best finishers in college basketball, converting a scintillating 75% of his attempts around the basket thanks to his solid hands, quick vertical jump and long arms. His post-game is a work in progress, though, as while he has the strength to back down weaker opponents, and decent footwork and touch, he shows nothing resembling an off-hand or counter moves if his right-handed jump-hook shot is taken away, and is a poor passer as well. He generated an assist on just 4% of his possessions, or one for every 53 minutes he's on the court.

Upshaw gets to the free throw line at a solid rate (7 times per-40), but is largely hopeless once there—converting just 43% of his attempts from the charity stripe on the season. He doesn't have any range outside of the paint, as you'd probably glean from his poor free throw percentage."

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Robert-Upshaw-6447/