Author Topic: 2023-2024 NCAAF Official Thread  (Read 59112 times)

Re: 2023-2024 NCAAF Official Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2023, 11:15:24 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
We'll find out about the SEC bias if Alabama still remains a Top-6 team AND somehow stays in front of Texas. Milroe shows flashes but tbh he just seems really mid. He can hit some beautiful deep throws but then make hideous intermediate passes even to guys wide open leading to INTs or incompletions.

Oddly enough, outside of Georgia it feels most of the SEC might be average at best this season. They did lose a ton of talent over the last NFL draft as well.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2023, 11:54:25 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 552
We'll find out about the SEC bias if Alabama still remains a Top-6 team AND somehow stays in front of Texas. Milroe shows flashes but tbh he just seems really mid. He can hit some beautiful deep throws but then make hideous intermediate passes even to guys wide open leading to INTs or incompletions.

Oddly enough, outside of Georgia it feels most of the SEC might be average at best this season. They did lose a ton of talent over the last NFL draft as well.
Bama isn't staying in the top 6 and Texas should jump into the top 5.  Bama will probably fall out of the top 10.  As a Bama fan, I'd put them at 11 ahead of Utah.  It is embarrassing but I'm not confident they could be Notre Dame.

Milroe had his chance.  Bama with Milroe is a 3-loss team.  The other QBs need to get theirs.  It is not just about this season but also next. 

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2023, 12:51:07 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Bama isn't staying in the top 6 and Texas should jump into the top 5.  Bama will probably fall out of the top 10.  As a Bama fan, I'd put them at 11 ahead of Utah.  It is embarrassing but I'm not confident they could be Notre Dame.

Milroe had his chance.  Bama with Milroe is a 3-loss team.  The other QBs need to get theirs.  It is not just about this season but also next.

I'm interested to see how they shake out the Top-6. It's early but USC looks great as well and Caleb Williams is proving why he's the #1 pick next year. Right now, I think it should be from 1 to 6, Georgia-Michigan-Florida State-Ohio State-USC-Texas BUT Texas did just beat a #3 team on the road by double digits. But it's not like Ohio State and USC deserve to go down or stay either.

There may be a few surprise teams that emerge but I do firmly think that the 4 spots in the playoffs will be occupied by those 6 teams, it's just a matter of which two get out of it. Personally, I think Ohio State will drop a game at some point, they haven't looked as convincing so far. USC might if their defense crumbles in a game which often seems to happen them every year.

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2023, 04:52:23 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 91
I couldn't find the Pac-12 thread, so I'm going to drop it here in an active thread: the soon to be dismantled Pac12 conference currently has 8 teams in the Top 25, only the 2nd time that has happened.

That certainly won't be the case at the end of the season,  but it shows the dissolution of the conference is based on economics and not the quality of the football programs at those schools.

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2023, 05:15:45 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
AP Poll is out https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

Georgia, Michigan, Florida State, Texas, USC, Ohio State, Penn State, Washington, Notre Dame, Alabama.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2023, 06:04:30 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
AP Poll is out https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

Georgia, Michigan, Florida State, Texas, USC, Ohio State, Penn State, Washington, Notre Dame, Alabama.

I like it. No controversies in the Top-10 and the order IMO

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2023, 01:10:34 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Ewers was the #1 recruit in the country. He is absolutely the real deal.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2023, 04:53:45 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Georgia and Alabama both on upset alert? Also Florida State today nearly lost to Boston Freakin' College (lol). Shaky day all around. #15 K-State also lost on a GW 62-yard FG and frankly I think there's a chance Tennessee could be beat tonight (still predicting them to win, but on the road against Florida ain't easy)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 04:59:25 PM by Phantom255x »

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2023, 05:31:19 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 552
Georgia and Alabama both on upset alert? Also Florida State today nearly lost to Boston Freakin' College (lol). Shaky day all around. #15 K-State also lost on a GW 62-yard FG and frankly I think there's a chance Tennessee could be beat tonight (still predicting them to win, but on the road against Florida ain't easy)
Bama ought to be able to sleepwalk and blowout USF.  Really embarassing. I wanted Saban to give Buchner a shot at QB but I've seen enough.  I couldn't understand it when they brought him in and now I really can't understand it.  He's got a wet noodle for an arm.  Need to pull him and give Simpson a shot. 

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2023, 06:01:14 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

But we did set a new school record for penalties in a game!

BC football. Stomach punching its alumni since 1893.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2023, 08:33:34 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

I recently graduated from NEU so I'm not a BC alumni, BUT I do follow them still. Is their entire offense just runs and QB draws now? Yuck. I mean I know Castellano threw for 300+ yards but they had a handful of drives in the middle of the game where even on 3rd and longs it was just runs. Like come on. Castellanos looks like he can be a weapon though, dual-threat QB. The coach is a moron though. And you're right, all the penalties. That + the lack of scoring in the middle of the game hurt them.

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2023, 08:33:57 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Lol nvm, Tennessee is currently getting routed

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2023, 08:35:46 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

The last one, the facemask penalty, was a killer.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2023, 11:29:52 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Colorado is off to a good start and they certainly have studs. But I gotta be real, the hype with them and all the shenanigans is becoming real tiring. I mean, they literally had to go 2OT against a bad Colorado State team at home, a team they were favored by 24 points going into it. They'll probably get crushed by Oregon and USC the next two weeks, and Hunter being out is not ideal for them

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2023, 02:35:33 PM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
Colorado is off to a good start and they certainly have studs. But I gotta be real, the hype with them and all the shenanigans is becoming real tiring. I mean, they literally had to go 2OT against a bad Colorado State team at home, a team they were favored by 24 points going into it. They'll probably get crushed by Oregon and USC the next two weeks, and Hunter being out is not ideal for them

I would agree and I'm a Colorado alumni. I'm just happy they're relevant and getting some TV time though I'm too old to stay up until 2am watching a football game like I did last night.

Their defense leaves me a little worried.  It felt like CSU converted every third down they had.  While they ran away from Nebraska in the second half the first half was a bit underwhelming considering the oppoenent.  All the personal foul penalties in that Nebraska game was really annoying me.

I'll be rooting for them but I think they get a sobering wake up call these next two weeks (Oregon and USC).