Poll

Rozier FOR Sabonis + 2018 IND 2nd Rounder?

Yes
16 (28.6%)
No
40 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: IF We "Sell High" On Rozier... Would You Make This Trade?  (Read 19783 times)

Re: IF We "Sell High" On Rozier... Would You Make This Trade?
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2018, 12:23:44 PM »

Offline Boise To Boston

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
Troy daniels plus three first round picks?  I could see that.  It would probably make a lot of sense for both teams.

Mark me though as one would would rather see us trade Irving for a STAR 5 than trade Rozier at this point.  Irving's health is too big a concern for me, and I think TR is going to be a star on both ends of the floor. 

« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2018, 12:30:53 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Another idea

Rozier to the Suns for Bender or Chriss

Makes some sense for the Suns they have struggled to really develop both players and unless they draft Doncic they are likely bringing in another young big.

For the Cs they would be able to add a raw but dynamic big man project who is still on his rookie deal. The Cs where rumored to have interest in Chriss around draft time.

are you Eddie20?

Bender and Chriss are terrible

I wouldn't trade Rozier even for both

« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2018, 11:48:53 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Crazy idea, but would the Cavs be willing to deal the nets pick back to us if we give them  rozier+Memphis or lakers pick ? 

The Cavs are really bad at point guard, and might need a full time young ball handler once Lebrons gone... George Hill is a lot older.
Lebron thinks very highly of rozier. Also terry is from Ohio. 

Moving terry would help relieve the point guard clog we have and get us the big we need from the draft ( bamba, carter, or Jackson) . Would the Cavs be willing to deal with trader Danny again  after what happened? Haha

Alright wishful thinking over
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 11:57:42 PM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2018, 01:09:04 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Crazy idea, but would the Cavs be willing to deal the nets pick back to us if we give them  rozier+Memphis or lakers pick ? 

The Cavs are really bad at point guard, and might need a full time young ball handler once Lebrons gone... George Hill is a lot older.

Moving terry would help relieve the point guard clog we have and get us the big we need from the draft ( bamba, carter, or Jackson) . Would the Cavs be willing to deal with trader Danny again  after what happened? Haha

The Lakers/Memphis may well be better than the Cleveland pick so no.

« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2018, 04:32:13 AM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
not seeing the defensive upside for Sabonis. His offensive game is solid but the poor wingspan and athleticism will limit his potential to contribute on a championship team. Mediocre defending bigs don't fare well at the highest levels of this sport.

Rozier has greater upside and probably more trade value.

Whether we keep or trade him, IMO Rozier is more likely to get us closer to banner #18.

« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2018, 05:35:37 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Bender and Chriss are terrible

I wouldn't trade Rozier even for both

Yep, and you can bet Ainge does not want them either.

Troy daniels plus three first round picks?  I could see that.  It would probably make a lot of sense for both teams.

I doubt they would give up three firsts and your trading our best bench scorer when Kyrie comes back for probables and a three point shooter that does not put up a ton of points. 

I think they would offer a player and their number 16 pick.  This is not NBA live and they are not giving up a chance at Ayton for Terry.

« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2018, 06:44:16 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Bender is 3.5 years younger than Rozier and performed better than Rozier in each of their 1st 2 seasons.  I could absolutely see Ainge acquire him for Rozier.

2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2018, 07:25:51 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Bender is 3.5 years younger than Rozier and performed better than Rozier in each of their 1st 2 seasons.  I could absolutely see Ainge acquire him for Rozier.

The difference  is that rosier played for a basketball team and Bender played for a circus. In Boston he wouldn't have seen any playtime

« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2018, 07:51:37 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

If Jackson or Bamba are still on the board at 8, I think you make the trade. I love Rozier, and I love what he brings to this team, but we ARE going to lose him in a year. He will be waaayyy too expensive to keep along with Kyrie/ our wing brigade. Meanwhile you have 4+ years to see if Bamba/Jackson are the heir apparent to Horford's anchor role.

If one of those 2 are sitting there at 8, I would trade Rozier + the clippers OR Memphis pick. If you have to include the Celtics Pick this year, that could be an interesting trade.
#JKJB

« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2018, 07:58:46 AM »

Offline DrJasper

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71

If Jackson or Bamba are still on the board at 8, I think you make the trade. I love Rozier, and I love what he brings to this team, but we ARE going to lose him in a year. He will be waaayyy too expensive to keep along with Kyrie/ our wing brigade. Meanwhile you have 4+ years to see if Bamba/Jackson are the heir apparent to Horford's anchor role.

If one of those 2 are sitting there at 8, I would trade Rozier + the clippers OR Memphis pick. If you have to include the Celtics Pick this year, that could be an interesting trade.

That's exactly what I think! I'm especially high on bamba, and think he could be DPOY some day!
Memphis Grizzlies
PG: Dragic, Ball, Carter
SG: Temple, KCP, Holiday, Washburn
SF: Richardson, Anderson, Parsons, Casspi
PF: Jackson jr, Beasley, Watanabe
C: Adebayo, Green, Noah
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Memphis-Grizzlies/14/Rosters/Regular/2019  +21 Lal 2nd

« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2018, 08:01:30 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

The difference  is that rosier played for a basketball team and Bender played for a circus. In Boston he wouldn't have seen any playtime
Or maybe in Boston under a real coach, Bender explodes and lives up to his talent.  Remember we are talking about a guy who was incredibly young and raw, coming to a new country, and playing for a team in chaos, yet he still was able to show marked improvement across the board from year 1 to year 2.  Imagine getting him some real coaching on a structured team. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2018, 08:05:02 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Or maybe in Boston under a real coach, Bender explodes and lives up to his talent.  Remember we are talking about a guy who was incredibly young and raw, coming to a new country, and playing for a team in chaos, yet he still was able to show marked improvement across the board from year 1 to year 2.  Imagine getting him some real coaching on a structured team.
In fairness, that's not exactly hard when year 1 is of the "this couldn't possibly be any worse" variety.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2018, 08:07:24 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Bender is 3.5 years younger than Rozier and performed better than Rozier in each of their 1st 2 seasons.  I could absolutely see Ainge acquire him for Rozier

The whole problem with this line of thinking is Ainge wants to win, not sign guys who folks drank the kool-aid on.   We are going to try to make a title run next year and don't need the dead weight at the end of the bench.   We'd be better served to ask for a veteran that can play.

Really, what has he shown as a pro that Ainge would want?   Ainge usually signs these bust type guys for the Gleague team.   I know you like the guy, but the hype train has crashed.

25 MPG =   6.5 PPG at a .39% FG shooting and .37% 3p shooting and 4.4 RPG .3 SPG and .6 BPG with a 7.1 PER and 0.1 WS

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bendedr01.html

I know we all fall for players in the draft.   I for one can admit when I was wrong about a guy. 

« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2018, 08:12:44 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570

You know, I don't hate this trade. If Celtics chose to resign Smart, I assume Terry is gone it a year anyway. Even if they don't he might leave anyway, as he has said he'd like to start.

Bender feels like a guy who could fit in Boston. Moves pretty well, nice touch from 3 point line.
He's young enough that I could see Stevens turning him into a Kelly O type player, which wouldn't be half bad.
I haven't watched enough of him to know about his D, but offensively I think he could fit well.

How is is D for anyone who has watched him play?