Author Topic: Celtics (25-15) at Heat (19-20) Game #41 1/10/19  (Read 28295 times)

Re: Celtics (25-15) at Heat (19-20) Game #41 1/10/19
« Reply #480 on: January 11, 2019, 06:29:11 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Trade Brown.  I don’t care how young he is.  He’s had 3 years to step up and do something and he hasn’t.  As I said hen he was drafted, he’s another Jeff green...too inconsistent

« Reply #481 on: January 11, 2019, 08:14:04 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
Give me an undermanned Isaiah Thomas Celtics teams from a few  years ago that played hard every night vs these over paid bums who give effort when they feel like it.

Now we are talking! Another team meeting to fix the effort right up! What are they at now? 3?

Might be because brad Stevens, up 30 in the 4th the previous night, allows some of his contributors for the next night get into a horse track race with the other team instead of resting these guys...idiotic.

« Reply #482 on: January 11, 2019, 08:15:54 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Seems that just as I am about to jump on in full with this team, they make me wonder again.  Last night's game would not be meaningful if not for the C's topsy-turvy season. 

Can't make too much of one game, but I was thinking before the start last night that if the C's can follow the Indy win with a win in Miami, it sure will look like this team is on its way.   I'm not feeling like the C's can't put it together, but just feels like there was the opportunity for a statement run, and it didn't happen. 

« Reply #483 on: January 11, 2019, 08:43:37 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Trade Brown.  I don’t care how young he is.  He’s had 3 years to step up and do something and he hasn’t.  As I said hen he was drafted, he’s another Jeff green...too inconsistent

He was very consistent last season, and this season he has been injured and had his roll jerked around.

It is completely unreasonable to label him as a jeff green at this point in time.

« Reply #484 on: January 11, 2019, 09:43:26 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Give me an undermanned Isaiah Thomas Celtics teams from a few  years ago that played hard every night vs these over paid bums who give effort when they feel like it.

Now we are talking! Another team meeting to fix the effort right up! What are they at now? 3?

Might be because brad Stevens, up 30 in the 4th the previous night, allows some of his contributors for the next night get into a horse track race with the other team instead of resting these guys...idiotic.
This is false. None of the starters played over 24 minutes. Horford for example played 18 minutes against Indy. It’s just poor effort/focus from the players.

« Reply #485 on: January 11, 2019, 10:49:05 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

He was very consistent last season, and this season he has been injured and had his roll jerked around.

It is completely unreasonable to label him as a jeff green at this point in time.

I agree with this.  He needs about 5 years of no progress to be labeled Jeff Green.   Jeff Green has been just about the same player (if not a notch worse) since he was about 21.   

While Jaylen may be showing some slide this year, I think injuries and role-change are reasonable explanations.  As with Smart, Avery, Kelly, Rozier and a gaggle of players who enter the league as works in progress, Jaylen deserves time before he's judged.

« Reply #486 on: January 11, 2019, 11:19:51 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Seems that just as I am about to jump on in full with this team, they make me wonder again.  Last night's game would not be meaningful if not for the C's topsy-turvy season. 

Can't make too much of one game, but I was thinking before the start last night that if the C's can follow the Indy win with a win in Miami, it sure will look like this team is on its way.   I'm not feeling like the C's can't put it together, but just feels like there was the opportunity for a statement run, and it didn't happen.

It was definitely a missed opportunity. And it seems like every time lots of people start saying, "Hey, the Cs have finally figured it out!" they immediately do something disappointing.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #487 on: January 11, 2019, 04:47:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
https://twitter.com/celtics/status/1083552081804476416?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1083552081804476416&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

“Robert gave us a huge lift,” Brad Stevens says of Robert Williams. “He was excellent ... He gave us a chance.”

Yet 0 minutes in the first half, even though both Al and Theis were awful.
So Stevens saw how bad the C's were inside in the first half, made an adjustment by putting in Williams, and the solution worked...but you are still critical that.....what?.....Stevens didn't notice sooner?

what took him so long? what has been taken him so long? he needs to play the kid.
As was pointed out, the lead went from 5 to 18 very, very quickly just before the half. I think in about 2-3 minutes. There was no time for Stevens to call time, insert Williams and make a difference that close to the half after a timeout had just been called.

« Reply #488 on: January 11, 2019, 09:22:55 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald

Disagree.  He’s still inconsistent last year.  Still can’t deibble and drive, low B.B. iq

« Reply #489 on: January 11, 2019, 09:24:56 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald

This is false. None of the starters played over 24 minutes. Horford for example played 18 minutes against Indy. It’s just poor effort/focus from the players.

Disagree, it’s the intensity in which they played during that time.  No reason for them to be running up and down the court.  Are they trying to get in shape in one game?