Author Topic: Summer 2018 Verified Moves [Discussion Thread]  (Read 613 times)

Summer 2018 Verified Moves [Discussion Thread]
« on: July 03, 2018, 09:02:06 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Summer 2018 Verified Moves Thread: http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=96920.msg2539546#new

With all the discussion happening in the Verified Moves thread, it's getting very difficult to see the actual moves being made. DefenseWinsChamps suggested that we move the discussions elsewhere, and I agree (hopefully the mods do as well). It doesn't make sense to make a new thread for every signing that people want to talk about (just the big ones like Boogie), so an aggregate thread makes sense.
I'm bitter.

Re: Summer 2018 Verified Moves [Discussion Thread]
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 09:05:01 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Shams Charania

Verified account

@ShamsCharania
Follow Follow @ShamsCharania
More
Sources: Free agent Avery Bradley has agreed to a 2 year, $25M deal with the Clippers.

Good for him! Not the money I expected him to get when we traded him, but still a very good deal for him (and the possibility of a bigger paycheck later)

That's got to set the market for Smart, right? There's no way Smart gets significantly more than Bradley.

I don't know. I think they'll get about the same amount per year, but more years (or fewer) could push the salary amount up, depending on if Smart wants flexibility (in which case signing him longer would be more expensive) or security (in which case signing him for a year or two would be more expensive)

I'd bet on Smart getting 4/48
I'm bitter.