Author Topic: Report: Moore to Accept C's offer  (Read 49973 times)

Re: Moore Accepts C's offer
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2009, 04:38:58 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
jesus people...you complain if a move isnt made and you complain now that one is. what other options does boston have? i get the sense that ainge knows that smith isn't going to get bought out. moore would have landed in LA or with the cavs if not boston. he has length...good energy and NEVER has played on a team this good before. give him a chance

this parallels my thinking as well.

Hell, I'll be happy as a clam at high tide if he can help the team back to the Finals and beat whatever the Western Conference has to throw at us this year.  I didn't want Mikki, but I'm his #1 fan right now.
Yup

« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2009, 04:39:49 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
if i recall that cavs-nets series...moore gave the cavs fits because he hit that jumper over and over again

« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2009, 04:45:56 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Most fans in this board also like the POB signing because:

- he was a 7ft (who would play better with a change of scenario, like some are expecting Moore to do)

- he was cheap, so a low risk/high reward signing.

That's okay and it's the same way that most people are seeing this signing - better to have him than nothing (myself included).

The problem is that it would be nice to add some quality players to the bench at some point. Moore is not that. He adds depth, but he doesn't replace Posey or PJ Brown in terms of quality.

« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2009, 04:48:37 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
moore's last playoff stats with new jersey:

11.3 points per game and 5 boards....i will take that in a minute off the bench from him. remember PJ brown looked bad at times and came on in the end...we all know they missed the boat on posey....and honestly...that wing spot has yet to be filled...ainge has to address it

« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2009, 04:49:21 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

- he was a 7ft (who would play better with a change of scenario, like some are expecting Moore to do)

That's okay and it's the same way that most people are seeing this signing - better to have him than nothing (myself included).

The problem is that it would be nice to add some quality players to the bench at some point. Moore is not that. He adds depth, but he doesn't replace Posey or PJ Brown in terms of quality.

comparing moore and POB is a waste. one guy plays hard, the other doesn't. one guy has had success, the other hasn't. how many posts have i read today about how you don't like moore? we get it already. there's another roster spot. find a guy you want...
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2009, 04:50:24 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
Who's minutes is Moore going to cut into? It would probably be Scal if anything I think since BBD and Powe have proven they should be back ups.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2009, 04:50:31 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
if i recall that cavs-nets series...moore gave the cavs fits because he hit that jumper over and over again

I think you're right.  If I recall, that was a huge reason why he got that contract from the Kings.  He put up a nice showing against the Cavs.  Of course, that was 2 seasons ago.  The Cavs are better, and he is older.  But it's at least a little encouraging.

« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2009, 04:51:22 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
someone need to post a picture of his wife to make me want to appreciate this signing...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2009, 04:57:42 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

I hear ya. Our bench is still filled with 8th-10th men. Moore (or Mutombo) are not 6-7th men either. But at least we have someone on the bench taller then eddie house that can hit a jumpshot with consistency. I'll gladly take it.

« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2009, 04:58:35 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
If it were Mikki on Cleveland in last year's playoffs instead of Joe Smith, we'd probably be amped for this signing.

Color me excited!!!

Well, what if it were Mikki on the Lakers in last year's playoffs instead of Pau Gasol?! Or Mikki on San Antonio instead of Duncan, how amped would we be?!

I think his point was more that the fact that joe smith hit the mid range jumper agaisnt us last year inflated alot of peoples view of him realitive to his actual skill level. I like the guy too, but some of these threads this last week have been overblown.

I would have liked joe smith for the club too, but some of the hype people were throwing around about his skill level was getting a tad annoying. If he was as good as some threads made him out to be, he'd start on 22+ teams in the league.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2009, 05:00:50 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
if our bench looks like this:

PG Pruitt or Marbury
SG Eddie or wing instead of marbury
SF SCAL
PF Baby and Powe
C Moore

that is pretty good...great? no...but it gives boston a better chance

« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2009, 05:02:50 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Food for thought....

Moore two years ago with NJ in the playoffs:
33 MPG; 56% FG; 5.6 boards; 0.8 stls; 0.6 blks; 11.3 PPG

PJ Brown last year with BOS in the playoffs:
13 MPG; 46% FG; 2.4 boards; 0.2 stls; 0.4 blks; 2.9 PPG
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2009, 05:02:53 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Tony Allen should be back by the playoffs, or at least the 2nd round, no?

« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2009, 05:07:36 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
If it were Mikki on Cleveland in last year's playoffs instead of Joe Smith, we'd probably be amped for this signing.

Color me excited!!!

Well, what if it were Mikki on the Lakers in last year's playoffs instead of Pau Gasol?! Or Mikki on San Antonio instead of Duncan, how amped would we be?!

I think his point was more that the fact that joe smith hit the mid range jumper agaisnt us last year inflated alot of peoples view of him realitive to his actual skill level. I like the guy too, but some of these threads this last week have been overblown.

I would have liked joe smith for the club too, but some of the hype people were throwing around about his skill level was getting a tad annoying. If he was as good as some threads made him out to be, he'd start on 22+ teams in the league.

What people and what threads? I don't recall anyone saying he'd be a starter in many teams. Personally, I said he'd be in the rotation of every NBA team and I'm fairly certain about that.

« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2009, 05:18:46 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

Color me excited!!!

What people and what threads? I don't recall anyone saying he'd be a starter in many teams. Personally, I said he'd be in the rotation of every NBA team and I'm fairly certain about that.

no one said you were one of the people who were over blowing his talent level. but there were alot of posters, i hope i can say...less post count posters without seeming like a jerk, who have argued in threads like:

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=25868.0

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=25826.0

and

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=25450.0

That a joe smith signing is the key to banner 18, and that he is this transcendent bench god who will suddenly fill our lack of a talented big defender off the bench and score like a 6th man which we also need.

I like joe smith alot as i said, i wish he had been/ gets bought out so we can get him, but to me, he's about PJ browns talent level, probley a bit less defensively and rebounding wise, which some posters have turned into a 6th man.

Joe smith is better than moore, no question, i was just pointing out im not sure the difference is as earth shattering to the title of "back up tall guy" as some people make it seem.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion