Author Topic: Report: Moore to Accept C's offer  (Read 49985 times)

Re: Moore Accepts C's offer
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2009, 04:25:07 PM »

Offline stoyko

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 77
Isn't this the Second Coming? JK. But wasn't Moore signed to the C's for a 10 day contract a few years back?
NJ Nyets.
A.Iguodala,Nene,A. Brooks, H. Warrick, ,C.Delfino,MoWilliams,Nick Collison,Reggie Williams, T. Douglas, E. Barron,Q. Ross,James Anderson, Jeff Pendergraph

« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2009, 04:25:53 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Isn't this the Second Coming? JK. But wasn't Moore signed to the C's for a 10 day contract a few years back?

yup
Yup

« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2009, 04:26:18 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Why are people acting so upset over this.  It's not like there are a lot of options out there.  He's another big body, he can bang around.  You prefer we just wait for Smith and watch Mikki take the offer from some other team.  We still have another roster spot open, that is if anyone worthwhile gets bought out.

« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2009, 04:26:43 PM »

Offline Texstyles

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
jesus people...you complain if a move isnt made and you complain now that one is. what other options does boston have? i get the sense that ainge knows that smith isn't going to get bought out. moore would have landed in LA or with the cavs if not boston. he has length...good energy and NEVER has played on a team this good before. give him a chance

now the real question is who do they get for a wing?

I agree a lot of people are screaming for a PG but I think this team needs someone who can play the 2 and 3 spot.

« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2009, 04:27:21 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
Picture speaks a thousands words.  Do you think he is bothering Bynums shot ??????

http://blog.nj.com/netsblast/2007/11/medium_bynummoore.JPG

...You know people get dunked on all the time, that's where I'm going with this post. That picture doesn't really "say it all" I don't think Kobe, Lebron, Duncan, Big Ben, and KG are bad defenders. Actually wait, I found a picture of each of them getting dunked on... maybe they are bad defenders. Give me a break.

P.S. That last picture is a thing of beauty!

« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2009, 04:28:09 PM »

Offline cordialb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
I personally like the signing.  We added a hustling big man with a lot of offensive ability and size who will have better looks than ever thanks to the attention being paid to the big 3 and rondo anytime he is on the court with them.  Even by adding moore, we still keep our options open for other additions, so we've closed no doors.

My only concern is if he will make the commitment to good team defense, rebounding, and relentless hustle.  

But i'm sure KG will help with that....

Time will tell.

« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2009, 04:28:46 PM »

Offline earl

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 14

« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2009, 04:29:03 PM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5
jesus people...you complain if a move isnt made and you complain now that one is. what other options does boston have? i get the sense that ainge knows that smith isn't going to get bought out. moore would have landed in LA or with the cavs if not boston. he has length...good energy and NEVER has played on a team this good before. give him a chance

this parallels my thinking as well.

« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2009, 04:29:36 PM »

Offline twistedrico

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
Mikki Moore is a good pick up so I am not sure what people have to complain about???

« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2009, 04:30:34 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE

« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2009, 04:31:15 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
7 footer who plays hard and has hell of a lot of energy that can hit the 10-15 foot jumper regularly will be welcomed. now powe and baby can play their natural spots. but boston still needs a wing....or marbury

« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2009, 04:31:18 PM »

Offline PRIDE

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 41
cordobes is correct.

Deke was turned off by Houston's lack of interest and he was ready to sign here in Boston if they offered him a minimum deal.

« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2009, 04:35:03 PM »

Online CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
Picture speaks a thousands words.  Do you think he is bothering Bynums shot ??????

http://blog.nj.com/netsblast/2007/11/medium_bynummoore.JPG

Then I guess we've got our Lebron-stopper.  ;)

« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2009, 04:36:19 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
It is now probably time for everyone to acknowledge that Danny should have signed Mutumbo.

Very true. Amazing bad decision.

This year Mutombo has grabbed 7 rebounds and blocked 2 shots. I think he's done.

The C's style of defense demands mobility - especially on pick and rolls. Mutombo wouldn't fit well on this team. Plus, there is no way he is going to be able to guard Pau or Z.

Might as well sign a 7 footer with a pulse that is a proven jump shooter.

This year Mutombo is still in the pre-season. If PJ Brown was a good fit last season, so would Mutombo be. Deke is the more mobile and quick of the two.

People care too much about height. Moore may be a 7footer, but he doesn't play like one. I'd rather have a guy 1 inch shorter at the top of his head but that can actually grab rebounds and alter shots.
In his first few games last year, PJ looked very bad. Mutumbo hasn't had the opportunity to shake the rust off yet, and if he were given that opportunity in Boston then I think he would prove to help us in a similar fashion as PJ did last year.

And like cordobes said, Mutumbo definitely wanted to come to Boston. I've heard Mutumbo's behavior characterized as practically begging to sign here.

Old Man Deke has had 2 months to shake the rust off... and counting  :P
You and me seem to have a different understanding of what it means to "shake the rust off", considering Mutombo has played a grand total of 20 minutes all season.

Thats exactly my point. Mutombo should have needed 1 month to practice, get in shape; and then should have been playing for the past month to shake the rust off. He is barely playing.

Instead, like the C's the Rockets are rolling with 6-6 to 6-9 PFs backing up Yao.

I dont see how passing on 43 year old Mutombo in favor of 33 year old Moore is such a huge mistake.

« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2009, 04:37:26 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Moore's rebounding numbers this year are a little better than PJ's were during the playoffs last year, although Sacramento's clearly a worse rebounding team than we were.

Yeah, the fact that they're a worse rebounding team probably helps his numbers.

Why are you comparing reg. season numbers with playoffs numbers? The samples are somewhat small, no? But comparing reg. season to reg. season, PJ put way better numbers.

Moore is a mediocre rebounder. Always was during his entire career.

I used PJ's playoff numbers because A) I didn't recall him playing a ton of minutes before the playoffs, B) I figured that "up to speed" stats for someone who had been retired shouldn't count, and C) that's what's important. It's not like I looked at PJ's regular season and playoff numbers and picked what fit my point. I'm not saying Moore is a great or good rebounder, just that his numbers are similar to what we got from PJ in the playoffs.