Author Topic: Whoa, Karl-Anthony Towns "Frustrated", Possibly To Be In Trade Talks  (Read 20282 times)

Re: Whoa, Karl-Anthony Towns "Frustrated", Possibly To Be In Trade Talks
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2018, 12:56:37 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
BYE KYRIE, KAT TO BOSTOOOOOOOON

Irving holds all the cards still as his contract is up end of next season so he can nix any trade by saying he won't re-sign there. He already said no to the Suns so I'm not sure he would want to go to another small market team with obvious internal issues to boot.

I trust the Boston Front Office but I personally wouldn't trade Towns as the package needed would gut this team and bring back too much of a work in progress and poor defensive instincts that Ainge & Stevens have never gravitated towards.
Sure. I was just saying if Kyrie could get KAT straight up I'd pack Kyrie's bags for him.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2018, 01:53:58 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
KYRIE for Davis yes , Towns hell No

« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2018, 01:57:34 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Agree
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2018, 02:01:57 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
:-\ Towns is great, don't forget that he's 3 years younger than Davis. I would trade Kyrie in a heartbeat for him.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2018, 02:10:33 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
:-\ Towns is great, don't forget that he's 3 years younger than Davis. I would trade Kyrie in a heartbeat for him.
Yeah, but he’s a really really soft defender. That might change under a coach like Brad, but I’m not sure.

A real plus of KAT is his durability. 3 seasons of 82 games
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2018, 03:01:51 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Yeah, but he’s a really really soft defender. That might change under a coach like Brad, but I’m not sure.

I believe he'll improve a lot under Brad, also remember Horford will be mentoring him. And the second point really bolsters what I said lol, we need stars like that, not guys like Kyrie who get injured quite a bit (although he's ****ing excellent and I love how he did in Boston, expletive there was necessary to describe his incredible quality).
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2018, 03:03:18 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

thibs was the defensive coach for boston and KAT current coach. If the guy who made KG the DPOY can't fix KAT. i'm not sure anyone can

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2018, 06:54:07 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
3 way trade with orlando? No picks involved... but basically we trade kyrie for Kat and shelvin mack. Twolves get kyrie and vucevic. Orlando gets teague

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yb4qkess

Thoughts?

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2018, 06:54:29 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

thibs was the defensive coach for boston and KAT current coach. If the guy who made KG the DPOY can't fix KAT. i'm not sure anyone can

Different styles, different mentalities. Thibs is a great coach but his mentality and approach isn't going to work for everyone. Town's demeanor is a much better fit with Stevens and Horford than Thibs and KG.

Towns doesn't have to become lock down, just enough so that he's not a liability. I bet our current culture could bring that out of him.

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2018, 09:05:16 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
KA Towns is exactly the type of player that the Celtics would reach to add in my opinion.  A young big with huge.  What more can you ask.  He could easily start alongside Horford and then with 3 of Irving, Brown, Hayward, Tatum (assuming one of them get traded), that is a great young team.

The problem is that I don't think the Celtics would trade either Irving or Hayward so that would mean giving up either Brown or Tatum.  Also, Minny already has Butler and Wiggins so don't really have a slot for either of them.  I PG makes the most sense for them but I don't see Irving going there.

Bottom line, nice thought but can't see it matching up.

« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2018, 10:00:10 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
KA Towns is exactly the type of player that the Celtics would reach to add in my opinion.  A young big with huge.  What more can you ask.  He could easily start alongside Horford and then with 3 of Irving, Brown, Hayward, Tatum (assuming one of them get traded), that is a great young team.

The problem is that I don't think the Celtics would trade either Irving or Hayward so that would mean giving up either Brown or Tatum.  Also, Minny already has Butler and Wiggins so don't really have a slot for either of them.  I PG makes the most sense for them but I don't see Irving going there.

Bottom line, nice thought but can't see it matching up.

It’s crazy how many options there are. From a contracts perspective I think Irving for Towns makes the most sense for us. Don’t know if it works for Minnie. But then it’s just crazy. So much talent. How do you play all the guys who should play?

Towns/Horford/Hayward/Brown/Smart to close games? We are leaving out Tatum?? Who else, tho? Horford? He’s been enormous for us closing out games. Towns? Maybe - it’s a wing-based league and our wings are awfully good. These are a rich man’s problems, but wow.

Towns is almost too good for this moment of our timeline. I’d rather get a Jaren Jackson on a rookie deal, sending out, say, Rozier, the Cs 2018 1st, and the 2019 Sacto pick. Bring him along to take over when it’s time. Someone clearly second banana to Al now but who can grow into leadership in a few years.

« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2018, 10:04:20 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

His defense/mental toughness is what I wonder about. That is what makes this team unique and I think it depends on team culture.

« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2018, 11:26:53 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I think if you wanted Towns it would mean losing pick 27, Horford, Rozier and Morris then take on Teague and Aldrich.

Wolves roll with= Rozier, Butler, Wiggins, Morris, Horford.
First bench three Crawford, Gibson, Deng.

C's then have= Irving, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, KAT
With Teague, Semi, and Theis as first three guys off the bench.

Are you serious?
Yes I am. Because I only see them moving Towns if they get more guys that help them win now and unload a bad contract. Thibs would love those guys coming in.

What is the point of going for a deal where the best returning piece is a high pick? KAT is hitting on a high pick already.

« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2018, 12:06:31 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
I think if you wanted Towns it would mean losing pick 27, Horford, Rozier and Morris then take on Teague and Aldrich.

Are you serious?
Yes I am. Because I only see them moving Towns if they get more guys that help them win now and unload a bad contract. Thibs would love those guys coming in.

What is the point of going for a deal where the best returning piece is a high pick? KAT is hitting on a high pick already.

I think the wolves wanting win now pieces is reasonable, but for a talent of KAT's level they will wnat a high pick as well. So that package, plus the SAC19 pick. Still probably not enough.

« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2018, 12:18:32 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Are you serious?

I think the wolves wanting win now pieces is reasonable, but for a talent of KAT's level they will wnat a high pick as well. So that package, plus the SAC19 pick. Still probably not enough.
If you threw in the SAC 19 then no way would I then accept the bad contract of Teague and Aldrich. It's a balance.