Author Topic: NBA Early 2000s (Webber, Kobe, KG, Iverson, TMac, Shaq, Vinsanity, Timmy, etc  (Read 20574 times)

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I jumped in just to say, if DH would block his shots, what was he doing being evenly played ALL the time but by a MUCH older Shaq? LOL prime Shaq would easily embarrass Howard... not even prime but a younger Shaq would give DH a lot of trouble!!!! Stop with revisionist history, if someone can't handle an old man, how do you expect them to handle the same man but much younger?
Revisionism?

Wait a second. I just went through quite a few game logs. D Howard outplayed Shaq in his Boston year and his Cleveland year. In his 2nd Pheonix year they only played one game against each other which was about even. Prior to that D Howard was like 21 years old.  That year Shaq was traded and D Howard outplayed him in a game against the Heat. 

I'm not so sure on this one

But do you really think Prime Dwight would outplay Prime Shaq, eja?
One on one or even in a scenario where they are the #1s on their team? Absolutely not. In a fairly even 5 on 5? Definitely.

You bring up an interesting point, eja....I'm curious as to what you would classify as a fairly even match with Prime Shaq vs Prime Dwight.

You mean teammates?

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I jumped in just to say, if DH would block his shots, what was he doing being evenly played ALL the time but by a MUCH older Shaq? LOL prime Shaq would easily embarrass Howard... not even prime but a younger Shaq would give DH a lot of trouble!!!! Stop with revisionist history, if someone can't handle an old man, how do you expect them to handle the same man but much younger?
Revisionism?

Wait a second. I just went through quite a few game logs. D Howard outplayed Shaq in his Boston year and his Cleveland year. In his 2nd Pheonix year they only played one game against each other which was about even. Prior to that D Howard was like 21 years old.  That year Shaq was traded and D Howard outplayed him in a game against the Heat. 

One on one or even in a scenario where they are the #1s on their team? Absolutely not. In a fairly even 5 on 5? Definitely.

You bring up an interesting point, eja....I'm curious as to what you would classify as a fairly even match with Prime Shaq vs Prime Dwight.

You mean teammates?
yes, I guess I meant teammates....not sure what would have happened if D Howard had had prime Kobe as a teammate.

Shaq averaged like 30 and 15 once. Unreal. A much better passer and player. But D Howard is the better athlete, I don't care what female athlete you almost saw him beat when he had a hall of fame pro next to him on Shaq Vs

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Good list, Nick - I agree.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Revisionism?

You mean teammates?
yes, I guess I meant teammates....not sure what would have happened if D Howard had had prime Kobe as a teammate.

Shaq averaged like 30 and 15 once. Unreal. A much better passer and player. But D Howard is the better athlete, I don't care what female athlete you almost saw him beat when he had a hall of fame pro next to him on Shaq Vs

I'm not even sure if Dwight was the better athlete, to be honest.

In my 42+ years, I've never seen a man like Shaq, with that size, move like he did.

Here was a man who, perhaps - only equal was Hakeem...in Shaq's prime, he was almost as athletic as Hakeem...some of the things I saw Shaq do I don't believe I'll ever see Dwight do, IMO.

Even here...I can't remember many 40+ year-old 350 pound Centers that could receive an alley-oop like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zs9J9pVvvg

I'm going out on a limb and saying that Dwight won't be able to do THAT when he's 40.

Miss ya, Big Shamrock.

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
If Howard's jumping speed and leaping ability at center is a 10 then Shaq is an 8.

With Shaqs advantages in the height, weight, and skill department Howard would be cooked.

Howard could barely score on Rasheed and Perk he gets nothing versus a prime Shaq.

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
1. If Parish (a bench allstar at his time of 1980-1990) played in this decade, I think he would averaged at least 23/13/2 through 10 years.
2. If the Sac Kings of 2002 played in this year, I predict several 10W streaks.
3. If Shaq just got drafted in 08 at his young age, versus all these 'scrub' centers....33/14/4blks  ???

If T-Mac didn't get hobbled by knee injuries and nagging back spasms, he's probably next to Kobe as the best player in the NBA.

If JO did not bang his knees, he would still be productive for us at this age.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace