Author Topic: Garnett on the cover of NBA 2K9  (Read 2455 times)

Garnett on the cover of NBA 2K9
« on: June 30, 2008, 06:31:02 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/954/954501.html

this is old news but i never remember anyone mentioning it on the celticsblog main page or the forums... and its new news to me.

not sure if this is good news or bad news. after the heat won the championship, shaq was on the cover of 2k7... well look at them now.. the celtics now resemble that team greatly... even down to the 6 game series we won. sorry but i've very superstitious.

Become Legendary.

Re: Garnett on the cover of NBA 2K9
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 06:35:30 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1819
Yeah, it was mentioned here. The announcement came before we won the championship, so it can't be a bad thing. Chris Paul...

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 06:36:22 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
I think cover jinxes are a lot like bad beats in poker.  You always remember when it goes wrong, but rarely when it goes as expected (or right).  It you tallied up every SI Cover, video game cover, etc, and reviewed the athletes shown.... I'm sure that catastrophes happen soon after maybe 1% of the time.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 06:37:16 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Thats cool, i just hope they touch up the small little things that hurt this great game. my hit list from 2k8

1. Can the computer run a play other than screen and roll please? i literally have to stop myself from making the easy rip when the SG gets the ball. 95% of the time, his next pass is to the PG.

2. Computer is hesitant to attack the rim if even one adequate defender is back, even if they have a 3 on 1. conversely, teams who run full court with a decent PG are almost imposable for the computer to stop because it wont use turbo to catch up to the PG.

3. please fix the random character generator for drafts, it only makes 4 players. black dude with dreads. black dude with fro. white dude with buzzcut. white dude with bowl cut.

surely we can do better, it sucks when 10 years in every team has 3 of the same guy....

(as you can tell , im a franchise guy. love the game, but need some issues fixed :D)
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 06:39:49 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Anything's Possible
yea i only have 2k7 and i know that if your deep into franchise mode, the variety of players from the draft is very little. they use the same faces over and over again. plus everyone is set to the same default jumpshot. it becomes a real hassle to customize the players.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 06:40:43 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
yea i only have 2k7 and i remember that if your in franchise mode, or deep into franchise mode, the variety of players is very little. they use the same faces over and over again. plus everyone is set to the same default jumpshot. it becomes a real hassle to customize the players.

TP, why can't i customize players non attribute stats in franchise. so annoying, at least that way you could make the stars unique.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 06:48:10 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Anything's Possible
yea i only have 2k7 and i remember that if your in franchise mode, or deep into franchise mode, the variety of players is very little. they use the same faces over and over again. plus everyone is set to the same default jumpshot. it becomes a real hassle to customize the players.

TP, why can't i customize players non attribute stats in franchise. so annoying, at least that way you could make the stars unique.

tp for giving me a tp and having the same [dang] frustrations as me haha
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 06:54:40 PM by zerophase »

Become Legendary.