Author Topic: Celtics (10-17) at Wizards (20-8) Game #28 12/27/14  (Read 67687 times)

Re: Celtics (10-17) at Wizards (20-8) Game #28 12/27/14
« Reply #180 on: December 27, 2014, 08:22:54 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Pressey is awful.
But does he have a good free throw percentage? How about fg%?

Rondo by now would've made such a difference. Surely he would have 3 rebounds by now and we'd be down less than 20.
Is that what happened a couple weeks ago when they beat the Wiz? Is that how it worked?

Are you referring to the game he shot 5-17 or the one he was benched in?
OMG! That's bad shooting? Wait. Did they win? I think I'm referencing the one they won and the one they lost in double overtime on the road.  Rather amazing we managed to do that without BOTH Brandon Wright AND Jae Crowder!

I know, you're absolutely right. Rondo was single-handedly carrying us. We had such a great record with him and have completely fallen apart with him.
Now you get it. Team was respectable with hope for the future. Now it's laughable with prayers Danny Ainge pulls off a miracle with a TPE or something.

So overpaying Rondo or letting him walking him for nothing was a much better option?
I have said that again and again and again.

Please explain one more time
If he's as bad as people say you won't have to pay that much. If he's good he's probably worth it and his worth is more than just his stats. If he leaves you take the money off the cap. But you don't let people like players and other GMs stare you down and make you take crud for a great player and make you their ****.
Show the league you try to pay your players that do well. Make him walk away from a fair deal. If someone overpays him that's their problem.

Also most of the teams that want Rondo are over the cap.  So if necessary you'd probably get the same or better value in a sign and trade.

Incorrect. NY and LAL will have plenty of cap space next year.
But we could offer him more.

« Reply #181 on: December 27, 2014, 08:23:07 PM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Is smart injured or does brad Stevens hate him? If he's healthy I've never seen a player on such a short leash.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

« Reply #182 on: December 27, 2014, 08:23:45 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2420
I hate seeing Avery Bradley settle for a 22 foot contested jump shot early in the shot clock.

You can get that later in the shot clock if nothing better materializes. Do not settle so easily.

« Reply #183 on: December 27, 2014, 08:24:07 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Paul Pierce would be the best player on the Celtics a thousand times over.

« Reply #184 on: December 27, 2014, 08:24:17 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
NEVER a contested O rebound..no one EVER in good position..no one tries......remember that game KO hustled for the rebounds.......what happened to THAT.....the Celtics.,.with a college coach..you'd think they know how to BOX OUT...!!!

« Reply #185 on: December 27, 2014, 08:24:54 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Pressey is awful.

Rondo by now would've made such a difference. Surely he would have 3 rebounds by now and we'd be down less than 20.
Is that what happened a couple weeks ago when they beat the Wiz? Is that how it worked?

OMG! That's bad shooting? Wait. Did they win? I think I'm referencing the one they won and the one they lost in double overtime on the road.  Rather amazing we managed to do that without BOTH Brandon Wright AND Jae Crowder!

I know, you're absolutely right. Rondo was single-handedly carrying us. We had such a great record with him and have completely fallen apart with him.
Now you get it. Team was respectable with hope for the future. Now it's laughable with prayers Danny Ainge pulls off a miracle with a TPE or something.

So overpaying Rondo or letting him walking him for nothing was a much better option?

If he's as bad as people say you won't have to pay that much. If he's good he's probably worth it and his worth is more than just his stats. If he leaves you take the money off the cap. But you don't let people like players and other GMs stare you down and make you take crud for a great player and make you their ****.
Show the league you try to pay your players that do well. Make him walk away from a fair deal. If someone overpays him that's their problem.

So, you think Ainge lost a penis-measuring contest and you are vicariously enraged at that?

I can't really make any other sense of this argument.

1.  Rondo sucks, so we won't have to pay him a lot.
2.  Except Rondo really doesn't suck, so we should absolutely try to keep Rondo.
3.  But if Rondo doesn't want to take our lowball offer, we should let him walk for nothing because...that will somehow make Boston the cool, tough kid in class that all boys want to be like and all the girls want to be with?

Mike

« Reply #186 on: December 27, 2014, 08:25:43 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Some nice dishes from Bradley and Olynyk the last two trips down the floor. Smiles everybody!

« Reply #187 on: December 27, 2014, 08:26:11 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
the C's endlessly try to make Bradley a 2 guard who can shoot......he just cannot shoot with any consistency...

« Reply #188 on: December 27, 2014, 08:26:11 PM »

Offline MSceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 23
Pressey is awful.

I certainly agree that he is not as bad as others are saying he was. The reason you had to trade him is because of how weak the eastern conference is. With him we were going to back into the playoffs as the 7 or 8 seed completely derailing the rebuilding plan. He is not worth the max on a rebuilding team and as Perk told us Rondo wanted out. Maybe you think Danny looked like a B*tch but i think he got more assets in a bare market. The fact is we were going to lose him for nothing and I think you cant let that happen in this league
Perk said he wanted out. But that's not what Rondo was saying or his agent. Doc said he didn't know what he wanted. Make him walk away from a fair deal. The Celts had the leverage (mostly in the form of holding his bird rights). Use it.

We can agree to disagree, I'm not sold on the importance of Bird rights to a guy like rondo. Also think you cant trust rondo and his agent. I think they were just being civil and professional. Boston had treated them well and they weren't going to publicly demand a trade because of the rumors of him being a punk the media talked about all the time.

« Reply #189 on: December 27, 2014, 08:27:23 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
There is ZERO ball movement for the Celts

« Reply #190 on: December 27, 2014, 08:27:54 PM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
release nelson please

« Reply #191 on: December 27, 2014, 08:28:07 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
the C's endlessly try to make Bradley a 2 guard who can shoot......he just cannot shoot with any consistency...

It's the first thing I would upgrade.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #192 on: December 27, 2014, 08:28:25 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2420
Jameer Nelson cannot defend John Wall. Wall too big, too quick and too athletic for Nelson.

Wall can do anything he wants any and every time down the floor.

« Reply #193 on: December 27, 2014, 08:28:35 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1415
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I hate seeing Avery Bradley settle for a 22 foot contested jump shot early in the shot clock.

You can get that later in the shot clock if nothing better materializes. Do not settle so easily.

I really thought his forcing shots/mediocre shot selection was borne out of a need to prove he's a 2-way player before his pending free agency last season. But it's looking like that's just who he is offensively. Good hustle guy defensively when he wants to be, but overall low BBIQ player.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #194 on: December 27, 2014, 08:28:41 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2012
I was hoping there would be a James Young sighting, but it looks like he's inactive for the game.