Poll

Would u make the trade

Yes!
12 (35.3%)
No.
22 (64.7%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Poll: Would u trade Draymond and Livingston for Hayward  (Read 2501 times)

Re: Poll: Would u trade Draymond and Livingston for Hayward
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2018, 01:00:16 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I am intrigued by Green but I don't see how the salaries could match up.  I don't think GSW would be interested in Hayward at $30M for several years, unless they plan to let Thompson go.  Then you would be essentially trading Green, Thompson, and Livingston for Hayward.  Why do that?  Why not just sign Thompson.

No, my guess would be that they would be looking for expiring contracts and maybe a good young player.  To me, Cousins makes Green expendable but Cousins is not even playing yet.  It would be a risk to trade Green but I think GSW can win without Green.

Maybe he should go to the Lakers.  They have plenty of expiring contracts.  How about Ingram and Caldwell-Pope?  Lakers get a player that can help them right away.

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2018, 01:38:40 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
As Simmons tweeted you could substitute Horford.  Horford/Rozier for Green/Livingston works.  Al to me is the one guy you can't lose but I'd have to think about that one if I were the C's.  The problem with it - and with doing it for Hayward is you make promises to these guys to attract them as free agents.  To ship them out of town may hurt you down the road the next time you're in the free agent market.

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2018, 01:56:47 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
As Simmons tweeted you could substitute Horford.  Horford/Rozier for Green/Livingston works.  Al to me is the one guy you can't lose but I'd have to think about that one if I were the C's.  The problem with it - and with doing it for Hayward is you make promises to these guys to attract them as free agents.  To ship them out of town may hurt you down the road the next time you're in the free agent market.

I would not offer Horford for Green.  That makes us even smaller.  The point of getting Green is to add more size.  If we give up our only good big to get another good big, what does that accomplish?

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2018, 03:08:36 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
great trade for the Celtics if you don't consider PR.

complete non-starter for Warriors.  Draymond is completely necessary for what they do, especially in the playoffs.  They also rely on Livingston in the crunch. 

If we had some like Green on the Celtics right now there'd be no fear of Philly, Toronto or anyone else in the East whatsoever... Horford is closest as far as being a do-it-all player who raises his game in the playoffs...Al gets a lot of flak this time of year when fans forget how he dominated the previous post season...

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2018, 03:33:37 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I guess the only reason GS would do the deal would be they are truly tired of Draymond's anitcs and think he's getting worse. Even then, it's a bit of a stretch.

For the Celtics... It makes me uncomfortable how much I like the deal for the Celtics. Green as the starting PF is a better fit than Hayward, even though he's not as good of a shooter. There would be potential for an all time defense. Lineups featuring Green, Morris, and Smart would eat other teams alive. And it would even save the C's $5 mil which means they could waive someone to open the roster spot and still get under the tax (I think) making future roster moves easier.

I feel uncomfortable about it because I don't like signing Hayward and trading him away after what happened and such a short amount of time spent on the court but... It's a great fantasy trade for the C's.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2018, 05:18:12 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
GS would never do it.

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2018, 06:30:00 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
GS would never do it.

They really shouldn't. First off, they will just laugh at this offer. But even if the Celtics present a better offer, the Warriors would be dumb to trade Draymond right now.

If I'm the Warriors, I would let them hash it out during the year, and if KD leaves, so be it. The Warriors would still be contenders without Durant. Steph Curry would still be a top 5 player, they would still attract Free Agents to help out, and they would still be really good. I'm not risking trading Draymond only for KD to still be able leave after the fact.

Also, you can trade Draymond next year if need be, if Durant is the choice to keep. It doesn't have to be this year, as Green will still be under contract. If it came down to moving Dray to resign Durant, then trade him next summer.

I'm not moving Draymond this year, it would be stupid to do so. Win the championship this year. Cement your legacy as a true dynasty, worry about it next summer.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2018, 06:41:51 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I would not offer Horford for Green.  That makes us even smaller.  The point of getting Green is to add more size.  If we give up our only good big to get another good big, what does that accomplish?

Exactly Vermont  TP. what a stupid idea from Simmons.