Author Topic: 2020 Red Sox Thread  (Read 81627 times)

Re: 2019 Red Sox Thread
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2019, 06:45:08 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
3 in a row vs Tampa helps a bit. We still have hardly played any home games and I am sure we will have one big winning streak. We will be in playoffs when all is said and done. They really handicapped this team with these brutal road games to start season.

Celtics win, Bruins win, and Sox win in 11! Trifecta is complete before GOT tonight.
What a perfect day.

Absolutely, for Boston sports it sure was. If only the rest of the world would have had no bad news today. Seeing the news in Sri Lanka is sickening.

Yeah it unfortunately happened near the country I'm from (and where most of my relatives currently live) so it was devastating to hear about this morning.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2019, 08:13:31 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Sox fans might want to tune in right now..
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2019, 08:24:28 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
Ahh, Bogy needs to climb for that.

« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2019, 09:10:58 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

JD killing it with 2 singles, double, RBI and a run. Good start by ERod.

« Reply #109 on: April 25, 2019, 04:05:00 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo

His new slider is bizarre. It really rips and dips late. If he can get his control of that pitch he will be truly scary. His changeup is already plus plus, and fastball command was great tonight.

« Reply #110 on: April 25, 2019, 08:12:45 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
My aunt was a huge Red Sox fan in the 50's -60's .  She gave me what has to be one of the oldest bobbleheads of Red Sox , not of a specific player .  I imagine she got it at a game .. As a little guy ,  I thought it was stupid   and ignored it ....it was a doll ..LOL . My mother put it away in a dresser drawer .  Its not plastic , but some heavy ceramic material and painted .  I have it proudly displayed in a cabinet today .

« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2019, 01:40:35 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Best outing from Porcello this season. More of that please Rick.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #112 on: May 01, 2019, 03:16:22 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Betts and Devers bats coming to life again. Gotta be a good sign

« Reply #113 on: May 01, 2019, 09:53:05 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

His new slider is bizarre. It really rips and dips late. If he can get his control of that pitch he will be truly scary. His changeup is already plus plus, and fastball command was great tonight.

Ironically enough, it was Pedroia who taught him to throw the slider.

« Reply #114 on: May 01, 2019, 09:54:27 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

Very good sign. Sox offense will only go as far as Mookie and JD take them (although Bogaerts has been off to a hot start. Glad the Sox extended him and at a relatively modest price.)

« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2019, 06:04:44 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
Sox with one of their worst starts in history, and now only 3.5 games back from the Yanks.

Good grinding.

« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2019, 07:48:31 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

Very good sign. Sox offense will only go as far as Mookie and JD take them (although Bogaerts has been off to a hot start. Glad the Sox extended him and at a relatively modest price.)

Don’t forget Moreland got off to a fast start, and if not maybe even a worse start to the year for the team. And Chavis more recently.  I really like him as a player, and I hope they find a use for him when Pedroia, Holt, and Nunez are due to come back.  Pierce has done nothing so far, but hopefully he can start playing like he did last. And the power surge by Vázquez. Lol hitting from your catching is always a plus.  Beni has been very solid.  The first few weeks was kind of like extended spring training for the starting pitchers, and just need Sale to start getting some W’s.

The A’s have been struggling, and it was good to take advantage of them.  Also good to see the starters, the bullpen, and the hitters all do well in a game.  A lot of the times it’s been 1 thing, and not the others.

« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2019, 09:53:24 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Sox with one of their worst starts in history, and now only 3.5 games back from the Yanks.

Good grinding.

We are slowly putting it together. I expect to see some nice winning streaks coming. Only fun to handicap the rest of the league with that horrible start we did. When pitching and hitting fully come together for us, we will be tough to beat again.

« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2019, 09:57:26 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

Good grinding.

We are slowly putting it together. I expect to see some nice winning streaks coming. Only fun to handicap the rest of the league with that horrible start we did. When pitching and hitting fully come together for us, we will be tough to beat again.

With the Sox now on a road trip vs the White Sox and Orioles, this is a good opportunity to win 5 (or maybe 6) of those 7 games. Baltimore is putrid. The White Sox are a good hitting team, but there's still no reason why the Sox couldn't take 3 out of 4 (2 out of 4, worse case.)

Also, the Yankees have a rash of injuries. I am hoping that catches up to them and we can take advantage. Who knows when Judge will return and Stanton could also be out for a while.

« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2019, 07:29:22 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Well after going 6-13 the first 19 games, since that sweep of Tampa mid April we have gone 8-4. Good recovery. Starting pitching ERA has gone for 8.00-9.00 to 6ish (aside from Price who is 3.60). Just need to keep building.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D