Author Topic: Thunder (33-18) at Celtics (33-19) Game #53 2/3/19  (Read 22846 times)

Re: Thunder (33-18) at Celtics (33-19) Game #53 2/3/19
« Reply #495 on: February 04, 2019, 07:56:15 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Kyrie is out tomorrow @ CLE (left hip strain)
I wonder why they don't just call it rest

he is meeting with Bron , who also just happens to be injured.  In asecret rendezvous to form an alliance in LA.   ;D

« Reply #496 on: February 04, 2019, 08:24:40 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
Sorry, I don't like the way Kyrie closes a game out.

He stops moving the ball.

You were saying?  ;)

without the dribble, dribble turnovers, we don't need the miracle drive to the basket with 2 sec left on the shot clock

I see some are still nitpicking and trying to find bad things to say about Kyrie. Get a hobby!!!!

I think he already has a hobby and that's to find bad things to say about Kyrie.

:laugh:

You'all are really obsessed with what I think. Is it bothering you that bad ?
I got my (basketball) opinion - you got yours.

And where are the Mods during all these personal attacks over my (basketball) opinions ?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 08:43:11 PM by tenn_smoothie »
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #497 on: February 04, 2019, 08:43:35 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617

You were saying?  ;)

without the dribble, dribble turnovers, we don't need the miracle drive to the basket with 2 sec left on the shot clock

I see some are still nitpicking and trying to find bad things to say about Kyrie. Get a hobby!!!!

I think he already has a hobby and that's to find bad things to say about Kyrie.

And where are the Mods when I continuously take personal attacks over my (basketball) opinions ?

To be fair, I don't really think the attacks are personal. They are just lampooning your Kyrie-takes. Jeepers. The sensitivity around here.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #498 on: February 04, 2019, 09:08:00 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I don't understand those complaining about iso ball at the end games. Pierce was famous and beloved for going iso at the end of games to win them. Bird was no different. IT basically went iso the entire 4th quarter for an entire year.

Never heard a complaint from anyone.

Kyrie goes iso to help us win games and there is a strong, vocal, 6-8 posters that just have to complain. Even after Kyrie wins the game. I wonder if those same people complained about iso ball at the end of games when Bird, Pierce and IT were doing it.

I'm generally with you on this but I KNOW you've been here long enough to have seen people complaining about Pierce's isos.

« Reply #499 on: February 04, 2019, 09:33:45 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722

You were saying?  ;)

And where are the Mods when I continuously take personal attacks over my (basketball) opinions ?

To be fair, I don't really think the attacks are personal. They are just lampooning your Kyrie-takes. Jeepers. The sensitivity around here.

Point taken billy - the only reason I bring it up is that I have received personal attacks beyond what you see within the threads and i have been reprimanded by the Mods - so i find it troubling that because I dare to have a dissenting opinion, I don't rate the same consideration.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #500 on: February 04, 2019, 09:45:58 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

You were saying?  ;)

Point taken billy - the only reason I bring it up is that I have received personal attacks beyond what you see within the threads and i have been reprimanded by the Mods - so i find it troubling that because I dare to have a dissenting opinion, I don't rate the same consideration.
You can always report individual posts to the mods through the report function. Only about 3-5 of them are overly active, so they do miss stuff.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #501 on: February 04, 2019, 11:05:55 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I don't understand those complaining about iso ball at the end games. Pierce was famous and beloved for going iso at the end of games to win them. Bird was no different. IT basically went iso the entire 4th quarter for an entire year.

Kyrie goes iso to help us win games and there is a strong, vocal, 6-8 posters that just have to complain. Even after Kyrie wins the game. I wonder if those same people complained about iso ball at the end of games when Bird, Pierce and IT were doing it.

I'm generally with you on this but I KNOW you've been here long enough to have seen people complaining about Pierce's isos.
Very true. Bit of hyperbole on my part there but I didn't understand those complaints either.

« Reply #502 on: February 04, 2019, 11:13:44 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

Very true. Bit of hyperbole on my part there but I didn't understand those complaints either.
I remember someone here calling Pierce's 4th quarter isos the "clogged toilet offense"

I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #503 on: February 05, 2019, 05:18:53 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

I remember someone here calling Pierce's 4th quarter isos the "clogged toilet offense"
I thought the Pierce isos made us way too predictable and easy to defend.  At least Irving is much better with the dribble and doesn't stay in the same area of the court for so long like Pierce did.

« Reply #504 on: February 05, 2019, 07:20:29 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

I thought the Pierce isos made us way too predictable and easy to defend.  At least Irving is much better with the dribble and doesn't stay in the same area of the court for so long like Pierce did.
Demonstrates PP's greatness.   ;)

« Reply #505 on: February 05, 2019, 07:24:09 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

Demonstrates PP's greatness.   ;)
Let's not disregard the fact that switching defenses naturally create more ISO play types.
Meaning that capable ISO players (Kyrie) receive a circumstantial value increase.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."