Author Topic: NBA 2019-2020 season thread  (Read 394199 times)

Re: NBA 2019-2020 season thread
« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2019, 10:59:43 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Russell scores all 10 points for GSW

« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2019, 11:01:53 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
GSW really miss Iggy and Klay's impact.

« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2019, 11:05:43 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

as they will miss KD, West, Livingston. Curry is about to find out what it is to play in the NBA.

« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2019, 11:08:46 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I can't wait for Paul George to get back so we can see the Clippers in their complete form. The defensive pressure they'll be able to put on teams with Leonard/George/Beverly is gonna be a spectacle.
Yeah, I feel like they're going to really suffocate some teams. Lou Will and Montrezl is also probably my favourite bench duo in the league.

How well the Clippers did in that Chris Paul trade is largely forgotten.  They got Beverly, Lou Will and Harrell in that deal.  We were all so amazed at Morey’s ability to collect non-guaranteed salary over the course of two days to match Chris Paul’s salary that the solid core of players heading back to the Clippers was overlooked.

« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2019, 11:12:06 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
I can't wait for Paul George to get back so we can see the Clippers in their complete form. The defensive pressure they'll be able to put on teams with Leonard/George/Beverly is gonna be a spectacle.
Yeah, I feel like they're going to really suffocate some teams. Lou Will and Montrezl is also probably my favourite bench duo in the league.

How well the Clippers did in that Chris Paul trade is largely forgotten.  They got Beverly, Lou Will and Harrell in that deal.  We were all so amazed at Morey’s ability to collect non-guaranteed salary over the course of two days to match Chris Paul’s salary that the solid core of players heading back to the Clippers was overlooked.

Two words.....  The Logo !!!

« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2019, 11:24:54 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

as they will miss KD, West, Livingston. Curry is about to find out what it is to play in the NBA.

Iggy and Klay are major part of their success. Even without KD, they won with them as their core players and made the finals multiple times (2015, 2016, 2019).

« Reply #111 on: October 25, 2019, 12:49:19 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

Iggy and Klay are major part of their success. Even without KD, they won with them as their core players and made the finals multiple times (2015, 2016, 2019).

my point is their  success was fueled by getting a good number of ring chasing vets none bigger than Durant.

« Reply #112 on: October 25, 2019, 12:54:41 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

100%

I really think it's a Harrell's development is a testament to the Clips too. 16/6/2 with insane efficiency (routine TS%'s in the 60's). I really wanted us to pick him back when we could. Plus, he was even better in the playoffs last year. Nearly 75% true shooting over 6 games
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #113 on: October 25, 2019, 01:18:22 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
KL only had to play 21 minutes and their team dusted GSW but that's not the eye-popper, dude had 21pts/5rb/9ast!!! [dang]. I get the Warriors aren't the same but KL is a beast against any team.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #114 on: October 25, 2019, 08:42:26 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
I watched Kyrie's 50 point highlights and I'm not sure what to say. The guy has maybe the most extensive shot package of any point guard I've ever seen.

I will forever be bamboozled as to what happened to him against Milwaukee. There is no way any defense can make him shoot like that.

« Reply #115 on: October 25, 2019, 09:47:46 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I watched Kyrie's 50 point highlights and I'm not sure what to say. The guy has maybe the most extensive shot package of any point guard I've ever seen.

I will forever be bamboozled as to what happened to him against Milwaukee. There is no way any defense can make him shoot like that.
except Kyrie has been very consistent about being inconsistent.  He has plenty of stinker games and they aren't just one-offs here and there.  Kyrie is who he is i.e. when he is on he is impossible to guard, but he isn't on nearly enough to make up for all his other deficiencies.  I had this exact argument for the 2 years he was here and it is only now that he is gone that people on the board have finally started to come around. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #116 on: October 25, 2019, 10:16:46 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

except Kyrie has been very consistent about being inconsistent.  He has plenty of stinker games and they aren't just one-offs here and there.  Kyrie is who he is i.e. when he is on he is impossible to guard, but he isn't on nearly enough to make up for all his other deficiencies.  I had this exact argument for the 2 years he was here and it is only now that he is gone that people on the board have finally started to come around.
Not true, I was incredibly down on the Kyrie trade because of the same reasons, imo IT was a more prolific scorer at his best (more stable scoring output with a similar peak when he's on).
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #117 on: October 25, 2019, 11:29:23 AM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91

I think Curry will be ok. Draymond is the one who is going to have a reality check.

« Reply #118 on: October 26, 2019, 12:49:03 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Who's the last team to get a regular season win this season? I am guessing its either Memphis or Cleveland.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #119 on: October 26, 2019, 12:55:10 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Two words.....  The Logo !!!

Evan Turner?