Author Topic: All Four 2019 Picks, the Memphis Pick, Tatum, Brown, Smart and Baynes...  (Read 2842 times)

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
The only trolls on here are the ones who think Tatum and Brown are the second coming of Jordan/Pippen. Maybe the second coming of Pierce/Allen, but where’s our KG? Not happening with these supposed “assets.” It’s time to cash-in and take a gamble: Top five player or bust. Win a championship by trying to get a top five player or lose a lot trying.

Just because we don't have out KG means we have to get him this year. Also if you give up one of our PP/Allens wouldn't that also set us back? Yeah ball can pass and guard, but with him and Zion, thats only going to leave Hayward and who ever DA can grab in FA that can shoot. I mean Smart would be our second best shooter.

If you got him for Brown,  and keep Tatum, then you're keeping a guy who can score where ever.

To claim Zion is the next LEbron type player, but Tatum and Brown aren't Jordan/Pippen is silly. Yeah I don't think Tatum/Brown are at a Jordan level, but at least Pippen and Tatum might be slightly above. But Zion was a man playing against kids, now he's going against men, and I wouldn't go nuts during summer league still playing against kids. Tatum look great in SL, but I still waited till he played actual games before I was convinced.

Last year Irving stinted Tatums growth, something LEbron does to young guys who can take some of his thunder. Part of the reason if true the C's were done with Irving in January, but still willing to give him a chance with AD, but would still go after AD with out Irving. Wyc on Felger and Mazz didn't seem super into bringing back Irving.

Zion I can see as a poor mans Barkely. Not sure how his work ethic is. He needs a better jump shot and lose about 20 pounds to save his knees. A guy who goes that hard all the time that big may only have 10 good years at best unless they get smarter with their approach to the game.

Yeah Zion would be fun to watch, but he hasn't shown anything to make him the KG to this team. With this draft I wouldn't be surprise if the best player in 5 yeas comes between 10-20. Just one of those drafts.

Look at Fultz. Before the draft every one on him, looked great, people where drooling over him. Thought DA was nuts trading the picks and taking Tatum, who could be the best player in the draft, defiantly the best out of the top 3.  Pretty much you never really can tell till these kids play an actual game. Your just guessing and it's tough to trade a proven for an unproven even if it's as attempting as Zion.