Author Topic: Steven Adams?  (Read 11686 times)

Re: Steven Adams?
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2019, 08:24:57 PM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 123
Horford seems to be on good terms with the Celtics, I'd think he is the type of guy who would probably be happy to help the team if he can do so while still getting what he wants. 

Is the any chance Boston might be able to pull off a sign-and-trade to send Horford out to a potential contender like:
- Portland (Nurkic)
- OKC (Adams)
- Utah (Favors)
- Houston (Capella)

Seems like a good situation for everybody:
- Horford gets his big contact and gets to go to a potential contender
- Boston gets a quality, young replacement big man in return and doesn't loose Horford for nothing
- The team that gets Horford almost certainly improves with his addition, and can potentially make a run for a championship in a season that is pretty much wide open

Sure Horford could just sign with any team he wants, but if he wants to get a big payday AND go to a potential contender then his options are probably going to be limited.  The S&T route may present him with more optionss.

« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2019, 08:27:35 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I am ok with this.   Using cap space to get a good starter and draft picks.   Sounds like a Ainge type of move.   

« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2019, 08:28:34 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Horford seems to be on good terms with the Celtics, I'd think he is the type of guy who would probably be happy to help the team if he can do so while still getting what he wants. 

Is the any chance Boston might be able to pull off a sign-and-trade to send Horford out to a potential contender like:
- Portland (Nurkic)
- OKC (Adams)
- Utah (Favors)
- Houston (Capella)

Seems like a good situation for everybody:
- Horford gets his big contact and gets to go to a potential contender
- Boston gets a quality, young replacement big man in return and doesn't loose Horford for nothing
- The team that gets Horford almost certainly improves with his addition, and can potentially make a run for a championship in a season that is pretty much wide open

Sure Horford could just sign with any team he wants, but if he wants to get a big payday AND go to a potential contender then his options are probably going to be limited.  The S&T route may present him with more optionss.

Obviously Horford has a team or two in mind that he's probably already got a deal waiting for so why would he go to a team like the one's mentioned that are not in his plans? If it is one of those teams and it's beneficial to his new team also I am sure he wouldn't mind helping us out.

« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2019, 08:28:43 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Adams would make it a lot easier to play Hayward at PF. Give Boston that dominant rebounder and defensive paint presence to help compensate for the lack of contribution they'd be getting from PF in those areas.

Furthermore, starting Hayward at PF would make it much easier to start Smart (PG), Jaylen (SG) and Tatum (SF) on the perimeter because Hayward would give the offense that secondary ball-handler and playmaker that it so badly needs.

Agreed, I love that fit together as a group, especially with pairing two hounds in Smart and Adams.

Another bonus - gives many more touches to Hayward abd the Jays. I think with a lineup like this two of those three are averaging 20+ with the other not far behind.

« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2019, 08:32:27 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I just read what saltlover just posted, and I'm on board.

I hope we do that deal. OKC is going to save a lot of money, and they get back a decent Center the can run with in Aron Baynes. We get Steven Adams, who would provide things we DESPERATELY need.

Sign me up.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2019, 08:34:13 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
fully on board with acquiring Adams and picks instead of going for Vucevic or Randle as free agents.  hoping Danny can get more than one first rounder from OKC -- at least 2 first and a couple of seconds at a minimum

« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2019, 08:42:38 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
He’s only 25.  Do it

« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2019, 03:26:25 AM »

Offline kiwiceltic

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 16
As a Kiwi and a Cs fan i’d Love Adams on the Celtics.

I’ve followed him right through his career, he’s got better every year as a pro. Yes he doesn’t have much of a jumper, but he’s developed a nice little floater and has pretty soft hands for a guy his size.

He is selfless, has a pretty good motor and is built like a brick wall. His numbers don’t look great for a starter, but he gave up a lot of defensive rebounds to Russ, so he could push the fast break, (or pad his own stats). OKC actually play better when they involve him at the offensive end. He could easily be an 18 & 8 kinda guy if given a chance.

His PnR game is solid, who wouldn’t love to see him setting a high pick for Hayward, Brown or Tatum?!

Yes he is an overpay at 25mil per, but he has zero ego when it comes to salary, i’m sure if the Cs wanted to hold on to him after his current contract is up he’d happily take a pay cut.

Get it done DA!

« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2019, 03:58:52 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
I think landing Adams would be a pretty good idea. I think he complements our wings very well, as he sets solid screens and is a great interior presence on both ends, and we might even survive playing PF by committee (Tatum/Hayward/Bench player)

Of course, end of the day, we’ll only go as far as Tatum and Hayward can take us. If given touches and minutes, Hayward could be an all star next year. As could Tatum.
- LilRip

« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2019, 06:39:33 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Why would the Thunder do this?   

THEY WOULDN'T BECAUSE HE IS THEIR CENTER.

« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2019, 06:44:04 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
If no Beal, Russell, Towns, or Holiday, sure, why not? Love his motor, defense, and rebounding. Hate his 50% FT% last year. Can't be on the court at the end of close games.

« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2019, 06:44:16 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

They've reportedly made him and Roberson available because they're in such a bad cap position
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2019, 06:53:51 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Because he makes nearly $26 million on a team that is $16.5 million over the luxury tax with only 12 players on the roster, giving them a projected tax bill of greater than $50 million, which paid over $60 million in taxes last year, and has lost in the first round three years in a row, so maybe it’s time to make a change.  He also makes over $27 million the following season, on a team that is limited by the luxury tax and the hard cap in terms of other pieces they can add over the next two seasons.

Shortly after a number of us in this thread and in other threads talked about Adams being a potential player one could acquire and get draft considerations for doing so, Zach Lowe tweeted that the Thunder were indeed looking to trade him and offering their pick as an incentive.  There’s really no reason to yell and imply posters here are stupid, when in fact the Thunder are reportedly considering pursuing the action that we are in fact discussing.

« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2019, 07:08:57 AM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!
All for it. Hard working guy with an honest and sincere personality.

« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2019, 07:10:05 AM »

Offline Msimonetta2

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
Steven Adams is definitely an option and one that makes me feel good because the product would be better this upcoming year.  I wonder though, if we are back to asset collection mode = use our cap space to acquire better draft picks/younger more cost effective players?  I heard the Lakers are looking for cap space LOL.