Author Topic: If we can’t consolidate these four picks, why not...  (Read 1909 times)

If we can’t consolidate these four picks, why not...
« on: June 19, 2019, 03:19:06 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
...why not use 2-4 of the picks to get someone with cap space to take Lameward off our hands? I bet Phoenix would bite. Or perhaps throw in a Rozier S&T and we can flip all of it for Lonzo Ball?

Suddenly we would have a ton of cap space and could possibly lure Kawhi and/or Durant with an all-out max? Kawhi and/or Durant Vs. LeBron/Davis as the next round of Celtics Vs. Lakers is in the best interest of the league...

Re: If we can’t consolidate these four picks...
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 03:20:20 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
...why not use 2-4 of the picks to get someone with cap space to take Lameward off our hands? Suddenly we would have a ton of cap space and can possibly lure Kawhi and/or Durant with an all-out max? Kawhi and/or Durant Vs. LeBron/Davis as the next round of Celtics Vs. Lakers is in the best interest of the league...

LOL. We're not luring Kawhi or Durant.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 03:21:05 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Because on a year when we list two all stars we aren't going to lure a superstar to come here. Not saying you dont consider.moving Hayward, but you aren't doing it to open up more capspave you aren't going to use.

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 03:22:48 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
...why not use 2-4 of the picks to get someone with cap space to take Lameward off our hands? Suddenly we would have a ton of cap space and can possibly lure Kawhi and/or Durant with an all-out max? Kawhi and/or Durant Vs. LeBron/Davis as the next round of Celtics Vs. Lakers is in the best interest of the league...

A team that falls apart at the end of the season like the Celtics is not getting any top free agent. We are at least in a mini rebuild on the run.

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 03:23:28 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

We almost won the last Durant sweepstakes. In terms of Kawhi, LA is already full with LeBron/Davis so does he want to risk being second banana as a Clipper?

The added narrative would be Kawhi and Durant teaming up to stop LeBron/Davis/Butler, and build their own legacy outside of GS and TO.

Re: If we can’t consolidate these four picks, why not...
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 03:25:37 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Maybe we hold off until next offseason if we cannot lure Kawhi or Durant. Who are the top FAs this time next year?

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 03:33:29 PM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 85
How about trading Smart, Brown, and a re-signed Morris to Washington for Bradley Beal?

Maybe throw in our #20 pick. 

Washington would have two starters, Morris paired with his brother, and another draft pick.

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 03:36:37 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307

Likely not, but why would it be funny? We got one of the top 2 or 3 free agents on the market in both '16 & '17, and by some accounts, were very close to landing Durant in '16.

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 03:43:32 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
How about trading Smart, Brown, and a re-signed Morris to Washington for Bradley Beal?

Washington would have two starters, Morris paired with his brother, and another draft pick.

That's too much first of all. Washington may want to move Beal for the next rebuild but I think that's way too much. As far as Morris - his brother is not on Washington anymore. Last I knew he was on OKC.

What good is having Beal if you get rid of your defense in Smart & Brown? I would like Beal but some different less depreciating offer.

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2019, 03:56:27 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
Now is not a good time to trade GH, his value is low because of his injury and contract. It’s better to feature him in the first half of the season in an attempt to rebuild value then look to trade at the deadline. His contract will only have one year left after next season as well.

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2019, 04:02:02 PM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 85

That's too much first of all. Washington may want to move Beal for the next rebuild but I think that's way too much. As far as Morris - his brother is not on Washington anymore. Last I knew he was on OKC.

What good is having Beal if you get rid of your defense in Smart & Brown? I would like Beal but some different less depreciating offer.

You think Washington would trade Beal for just Jaylen Brown and the #20 pick?  Ha! 

Obviously the salaries wouldn't match to make that trade work, but from just asset-trading alone they'd laugh at that.

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2019, 04:07:15 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Now is not a good time to trade GH, his value is low because of his injury and contract. It’s better to feature him in the first half of the season in an attempt to rebuild value then look to trade at the deadline. His contract will only have one year left after next season as well.

Yeah, it's incredible how strong some of the anti-Hayward takes are. Last year was disappointing, to say the least, but he had a second operation just before the season started and was showing signs of becoming a better player as the year went on. With another offseason to prepare he could play much better. He seems a little redundant/misplaced on our current team but if he shows out in the first half of the year I bet there will be teams willing to give us assets at the trade deadline. 

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2019, 04:07:56 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
...why not use 2-4 of the picks to get someone with cap space to take Lameward off our hands? I bet Phoenix would bite. Or perhaps throw in a Rozier S&T and we can flip all of it for Lonzo Ball?

Suddenly we would have a ton of cap space and could possibly lure Kawhi and/or Durant with an all-out max? Kawhi and/or Durant Vs. LeBron/Davis as the next round of Celtics Vs. Lakers is in the best interest of the league...

How many of the same threads revolving around the same awful premise are you going to keep making..?

Ainge will never give up Hayward, let alone assets or a pick to get rid of someone who has like little to no trade value.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2019, 04:34:25 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Likely not, but why would it be funny? We got one of the top 2 or 3 free agents on the market in both '16 & '17, and by some accounts, were very close to landing Durant in '16.

It's hysterical. There's a weird combo of delusion & entitlement around this fanbase. AD treated us like we were radioactive and we can't even retain our own FA's right now, but people think we're bringing in Kawhi or Durant? If Durant had even the slightest interest in coming here this offseason, don't you think he'd tell his friend Kyrie to stay put?

Maybe if the Jays are super duper stars like people believe they'll be then we can be a free agent destination in the future despite the bad weather and racist reputation. In the meantime, I think people really need to scale back on their expectations.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman