7 (35%)
Split the space, Rubio and Randle
3 (15%)
Split the space Vucevic and Bryant
1 (5%)
Wallow in self pity
7 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: We have lots of options now  (Read 6156 times)

Re: We have lots of options now
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2019, 10:16:53 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Can I ask who is Bryant? Kobe coming out of retirement?

yes you can ask, and I will answer.

Thomas Bryant out of Washington. He is my Binkie.

21 year old second round pick.
6'11 tall
7'6 wingspan
9'4.5 standing reach

99th percentile of ALL combine measurement ever.

great bounce, great motor, very nicely developing shot, still learning the game a bit but showing great improvements. Tools to be a great defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU9gzZ2--mw

I recognize the name now but did he play last year? For who? I don't recall anything about him and although he is your binkie, can he actually play?

Played for Washington.
Started 41 games

in over 18 minutes per game: .620 FG, .310 3pt%, 14ppg, 8rpg, 1.5apg, .5spg, 1bpg

In over 20 minutes per game: .650 fg, .410 3pt%,  16ppg, 9.6rpg, 1.9apg, .4spg, 1.1bpg

In over 30 minutes (13 games) .700 fg%, .300 3pt%, 20.4ppg, 12rpg, 2.5apg, .5spg, 1.4bpg

Why would Washington let him walk?

Gilbert Arenas rule

They cannot offer more than the MLE.

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2019, 10:18:19 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

6'11 tall
7'6 wingspan
9'4.5 standing reach

great bounce, great motor, very nicely developing shot, still learning the game a bit but showing great improvements. Tools to be a great defender

I recognize the name now but did he play last year? For who? I don't recall anything about him and although he is your binkie, can he actually play?

Played for Washington.
Started 41 games

in over 18 minutes per game: .620 FG, .310 3pt%, 14ppg, 8rpg, 1.5apg, .5spg, 1bpg

In over 20 minutes per game: .650 fg, .410 3pt%,  16ppg, 9.6rpg, 1.9apg, .4spg, 1.1bpg

In over 30 minutes (13 games) .700 fg%, .300 3pt%, 20.4ppg, 12rpg, 2.5apg, .5spg, 1.4bpg

Well those are pretty good numbers but can he guard Embid or will he be a turnstyle?

well, not many people can fully guard Embiid.

But Bryant has the tools to be able to do so. He is not a finished product, but is improving consistantly, and a good coach will do wonders.

He has a great motor, great size and great drive. the skills will come.

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2019, 10:20:57 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

6'11 tall
7'6 wingspan
9'4.5 standing reach

Played for Washington.
Started 41 games

Well those are pretty good numbers but can he guard Embid or will he be a turnstyle?

But Bryant has the tools to be able to do so. He is not a finished product, but is improving consistantly, and a good coach will do wonders.

Baynes & Horford BOTH were probably the best one on one defenders against Embid.

Now the "good coach" for Bryant where do we find him?

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2019, 10:23:26 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
im kinda digging the self pity gig right now

;D

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2019, 10:25:51 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Houston wants Jimmy Butler so dont know how they can do it..we can take Gordon or Capela off their hands
I mean if we can get Capella to replace Al's planned money that'd be a great pivot. But I don't see how that makes sense for both sides.

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2019, 10:40:01 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Would Denver bite on Hayward's contract and absorb him into their cap space? Maybe pry Porter and Plumlee from them using picks? Hayward could be the SF to push them over the hump and we get a young PF and a starting center? Then throw the max at Russel.

Boston starting lineup:
Russel/Brown/Tatum/Porter/Plumlee

Denver starting line up:
Murray/Harris/Hayward/FA/Jokic

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2019, 10:41:32 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Denver isn't letting go of Milsap to trade assets for Hayward.

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2019, 10:45:52 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321

;D

I'm ok with Kyrie going. I'm less ok with Horford going, but oh well. Both of these guys will make big money, so there's an opportunity cost to signing either (or both).

I distinctly remember when people were desperate and down on the Celtics prior to the Oden/Durant draft.

Peaks and valleys people. It's almost like life.

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2019, 10:56:31 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468

6'11 tall
7'6 wingspan
9'4.5 standing reach

Played for Washington.
Started 41 games

Not may players can even slow Embiid. 

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2019, 10:59:31 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468

;D

I'm ok with Kyrie going. I'm less ok with Horford going, but oh well. Both of these guys will make big money, so there's an opportunity cost to signing either (or both).

I distinctly remember when people were desperate and down on the Celtics prior to the Oden/Durant draft.

Peaks and valleys people. It's almost like life.

You are absolutely right but the C's had like a 17 year valley and I think we as fans do not want to go back to the dark ages.  The City of Boston has been spoiled with championships and that is what we expected when we had all of these assets.  Losing our biggest stars for nothing is the biggest hurt.  It's like Tracy Morgan buying that 3 million dollar car and as soon as he drove it off the lot some lady smacked into him and that cars worthless now.  We payed a lot of money for our stars and boom.  Rough year they bolt instead of coming back and making things right.  Hard pill to swallow.

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2019, 11:05:17 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

6'11 tall
7'6 wingspan
9'4.5 standing reach

Played for Washington.
Started 41 games

Baynes & Horford BOTH were probably the best one on one defenders against Embid.

Now the "good coach" for Bryant where do we find him?

Good ole Brad.

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2019, 11:05:31 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Honestly, freeing up close to $30 million would be the BEST possible thing to happen.

With the league being as wide open as it currently is (especially where the Warriors are going to be without 2 of their 3 best players and if Kawhi leaves Toronto), this could be the perfect time for it.

Some here say "oh.....save it for 2021, save it for tomorrow, next year, 5 years from now"

The time is now, otherwise you'll be waiting for something that never happens.

Splitting up our freed up money for two different players would be great.

The OP brings up a couple interesting names in Vucevic and Randle.

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2019, 03:27:31 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Use the space for guys giving them 1 or 2 year deals. Have as much money as you can for 2021 free agents. Do not tie up to 27 mil on one player.

Unless we can get Kawhi or Durant, let’s not tie up the space in a mid-tier guy who is overpaid.

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2019, 03:29:56 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Use the space for guys giving them 1 or 2 year deals. Have as much money as you can for 2021 free agents. Do not tie up to 27 mil on one player.

Unless we can get Kawhi or Durant, let’s not tie up the space in a mid-tier guy who is overpaid.

But I don't see Kawhi or Durant coming through that door, do you?

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2019, 03:40:58 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I don't think you rush to spend money this off season on long term deals.

THIS. Sign several guys to a 1 or 2 year deal so they have max money in 2021 for hopefully 2 FA in a loaded class. Do not tie up long term money

Thirding this. Only offer long money to a sure thing all star of need. If Al leaves I am down for signing guys to 1-2 year deals,  syncing with the end of Hayward's deal.