Author Topic: Surely the best use of the expected 27M is D'Angelo Russell  (Read 5251 times)

Offline bowlingwarnie

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
D'Angelo Russell is only 23 - so sits on a similar timeline as the Brown and Tatum tandem
expected to be the odd man out in Brooklyn in few days time
Shoots the ball fairly well from 3 - 37% last year - distributes the ball well (7 assists per last year)
coming of age after a rocky start in LA- has a bit a killer instinct from what I have seen
seems to be a logical upside selection - much rather have Russell over Brogdon as someone has mentioned recently

thoughts everyone ??
why Johnny Ringo...
You look like somebody just walked over your grave

Re: Surely the best use of the expected 27M is D'Angelo Russell
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 11:08:28 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Simply due to the timeline, I tend to agree. People are talking about spending $25 million on Brogdon? At least take a chance on a guy who could be an All-Star.

I am also catatonic after the Horford news. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 11:11:29 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Simply due to the timeline, I tend to agree. People are talking about spending $25 million on Brogdon? At least take a chance on a guy who could be IS an All-Star.

I am also catatonic after the Horford news. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

FTFY.

I知 definitely down with Russell if Al leaves. He definitely fits our timeline better and is seemingly a pretty good fit with the Jays. Imagine a running lineup of Russell, Brown, Tatum, Hayward, and Williams!

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 11:13:05 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
Simply due to the timeline, I tend to agree. People are talking about spending $25 million on Brogdon? At least take a chance on a guy who could be IS an All-Star.

FTFY.

I知 definitely down with Russell if Al leaves. He definitely fits our timeline better and is seemingly a pretty good fit with the Jays. Imagine a running lineup of Russell, Brown, Tatum, Hayward, and Williams!

Thank you  :o

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 11:13:38 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Yeah I guess that would make sense.  He will put up numbers and be an asset.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 11:13:58 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
My thoughts are we shouldn't pay either guy except on a one year deal. They aren't worth that kind of $$$.

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 11:16:19 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
Any cap guys know if a S&T for Russell can work?

Or S&T Horford for Capella?

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2019, 11:16:24 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
My thoughts are we shouldn't pay either guy except on a one year deal. They aren't worth that kind of $$$.

why would you offer Russell to a one year deal?  That makes no sense.  There are going to be other teams willing to sign him for multiple years.  At least if you sign him to a 4 year deal he is a tradeable asset that you could use to improve your team. Why would a 1 year contract help us?

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2019, 11:17:12 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

FTFY.

I’m definitely down with Russell if Al leaves. He definitely fits our timeline better and is seemingly a pretty good fit with the Jays. Imagine a running lineup of Russell, Brown, Tatum, Hayward, and Williams!

Yay 6 seed and 1st round exit!

How far we've fallen that we're now salivating over discarded Lakers draftees like DLo and Randle.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2019, 11:17:59 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff

FTFY.

Would you prefer a team that doesn't make the playoffs?

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2019, 11:18:23 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932

FTFY.

I think you got those numbers mixed around 😉

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2019, 11:19:29 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

FTFY.

I'd prefer Banner 18. I'm not gonna put lipstick on a pig and pretend this is a good outcome or a good offseason.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2019, 11:20:22 PM »

Offline bowlingwarnie

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
a 6 seed perhaps- and a rising young team with a future together, who are fun to watch
why Johnny Ringo...
You look like somebody just walked over your grave

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2019, 11:22:13 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff

FTFY.

I'd prefer Banner 18. I'm not gonna put lipstick on a pig and pretend this is a good outcome or a good offseason.

Sadly Banner 18 isn't coming for the next few years. If that's the only reason you'll watch, then you might want to hang it up until 2025.

Our best case scenario is getting a team that's fun to watch. I think Russell might fit the bill if we're looking for a tough, exciting, young team.

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2019, 11:23:28 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
a 6 seed perhaps- and a rising young team with a future together, who are fun to watch

I'd much, much, much rather watch a bunch of jerks who have a chance at a championship than a feel-good underdog story who are a lock to be an early playoff exit.

For a fanbase that claims to care about winning, it's weird to me that people are so amped to be back at square one.
2021 Houston Rockets