Author Topic: What is your ideal and realistic team next season?  (Read 30353 times)

Re: What is your ideal and realistic team next season?
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2019, 02:23:46 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
One that plays hard, competes most nights and is entertaining to watch.  It would be a vast improvement on the 18-19 edition.

« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2019, 02:27:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
One that plays hard, competes most nights and is entertaining to watch.  It would be a vast improvement on the 18-19 edition.

I agree

And doesnt fall off the cliff after a bad game or a few losses

2019 Celts team was as fragile as they came

« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2019, 02:28:13 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Keep Kyrie and trade Smart, Tatum, Robert Williams, the #14 pick and the Memphis pick for Davis

Use the MLE on a power forward with some muscle (we need to vastly improve our front-court)
JaMychal Green comes to mind. Someone who can spell Al off the bench and start on some nights.

Re-sign Marcus Morris for more depth.

Use the vet minimum on someone like Shelvin Mac (Butler connection with Brad) to be new back-up point.

Kyrie/Brown/Hayward/Horford/Davis

Bench
-Green
-Morris
-Mac
-Baynes
-Theis
-Ojeleye
-draft pick #20
-draft pick # 22
-Yabusele
-Wannamaker

Maybe Wannamaker also take on a bigger role next year, now that dingleberry Rozier will be gone (hopefully)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 02:45:51 PM by gpap »

« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2019, 02:30:54 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Keep Kyrie and trade Smart, Tatum, Robert Williams, the 14#pick and the Memphis pick for Davis

Use the MLE on a power forward with some muscle (we need to vastly improve our front-court)
JaMychal Green comes to mind. Someone who can spell Al off the bench and start on some nights.

Use the vet minimum on someone like Shelvin Mac (Butler connection with Brad) to be new back-up point.

Bench
-Green
-Morris
-Mac
-Baynes
-Theis
-Ojeleye
-draft pick #20
-draft pick # 22
-Yabusele
-Wannamaker

Maybe Wannamaker also take on a bigger role next year, now that dingleberry Rozier will be gone (hopefully)

What happens to CBS?

« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2019, 02:42:00 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Kyrie in the last 4 games against the Bucks was the most selfish NBA player I have ever seen.
His shooting was awful.
His shot selection was horrible.
His passing was terrible.
And he was the worst defensive player on the floor, at all times.

Stories about a silent locker room to avoid upsetting him.

Why in the world would we want him back?

Certainly not for leadership.

Kyrie is not a great leader. To his credit, he tried. He also advocated for the team to add veterans to the locker room. That can be addressed.

Why would we want him back? Because he is one of the best players in the world, and he has already been the co-star on a championship team.

Also, I'd rather be playing with him rather than against him. And, I just find it hard to believe he'll have another playoff performance like he did this year. He may have been hurt, may have been just exhausted from the ups and downs of a tumultuous season. It was disappointing, but if he returns, not only would I give him the benefit of the doubt, but cheer for him even louder than I did last year.

« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2019, 02:44:58 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Keep Kyrie and trade Smart, Tatum, Robert Williams, the 14#pick and the Memphis pick for Davis

Bench
-Green
-Morris
-Mac
-Baynes
-Theis
-Ojeleye
-draft pick #20
-draft pick # 22
-Yabusele
-Wannamaker

What happens to CBS?

He'll be back, hopefully with a new coaching staff. This site posted that Brad interviewed JB Bickerstaff for an assistant position.
https://www.celticsblog.com/2019/5/16/18627938/brad-stevens-interested-in-hiring-former-grizzlies-head-coach-j-b-bickerstaff-to-coaching-staff

« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2019, 04:33:11 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

Bench
-Green
-Morris
-Mac
-Baynes
-Theis
-Ojeleye
-draft pick #20
-draft pick # 22
-Yabusele
-Wannamaker

What happens to CBS?

He'll be back, hopefully with a new coaching staff. This site posted that Brad interviewed JB Bickerstaff for an assistant position.
https://www.celticsblog.com/2019/5/16/18627938/brad-stevens-interested-in-hiring-former-grizzlies-head-coach-j-b-bickerstaff-to-coaching-staff

I like that potential hiring

« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2019, 04:37:12 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Bench
-Green
-Morris
-Mac
-Baynes
-Theis
-Ojeleye
-draft pick #20
-draft pick # 22
-Yabusele
-Wannamaker

What happens to CBS?

I'm not sure JB is what's needed. What's the aversion to having a former player on the staff?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2019, 04:46:22 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

If Kyrie and Horford both opt out, could we sign a max free agent?

« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2019, 04:53:47 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

No. We would need to renounce everyone, and even then, we can only offer around 24-26 million. Not the full max for any 8 year vet.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2019, 05:00:37 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

No. We would need to renounce everyone, and even then, we can only offer around 24-26 million. Not the full max for any 8 year vet.

Unless.... you trade for capspace?

« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2019, 05:06:14 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Do you mean.... a trade exception?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2019, 05:15:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Yes

But in general if Horford  and Irving leave

How do the Celts have so little money to work with?

Hayward is the only max deal. Smart makes only 13 million per season and the rest are mid level or on rookie deals

There is conflicting info as to how much money Celts could work with if Al and Irving arent brought back

« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2019, 05:22:18 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Yes

Hayward is the only max deal. Smart makes only 13 million per season and the rest are mid level or on rookie deals

There is conflicting info as to how much money Celts could work with if Al and Irving arent brought back

Numerous users have mentioned why, and yet you continue to ignore or just rehash the same old questions over and over again...

So this my last time that I'm going to type this. Let's say Horford/Irving both leaves.

If Irving and Horford leave, then Boston’s guaranteed salaries for the seven remaining players would be $70 million. If Horford decides to stay and re-sign long term deal for like 17-24 million, we'll have around 86-90 million invested in cap space.

Gordon Hayward
Marcus Smart
Jayson Tatum
Jaylen Brown
Aron Baynes (most likely opts into his $5.4)
Guerschon Yabusele
Robert Williams
That’s eight players, we need to fill up 5-6 more.

Boston always gives draftees the extra 15 percent to picks, and adding three draft picks to the mix (assuming they are all on next year’s roster) equals roughly in the general area of $8.4 million in guaranteed salary.

There is currently a $10 million cap hold for Marcus Morris and a $9.1 million cap hold for Terry Rozier.

TL;DR

We have $70 million in cap space if Horford/Kyrie leaves, but over $20 million in cap holds. We would need to renounce literally everyone to have $24-25 million available.

"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2019, 07:36:53 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Yes

Numerous users have mentioned why, and yet you continue to ignore or just rehash the same old questions over and over again...

So this my last time that I'm going to type this. Let's say Horford/Irving both leaves.

If Irving and Horford leave, then Boston’s guaranteed salaries for the seven remaining players would be $70 million. If Horford decides to stay and re-sign long term deal for like 17-24 million, we'll have around 86-90 million invested in cap space.

Gordon Hayward
Marcus Smart
Jayson Tatum
Jaylen Brown
Aron Baynes (most likely opts into his $5.4)
Guerschon Yabusele
Robert Williams
That’s eight players, we need to fill up 5-6 more.

Boston always gives draftees the extra 15 percent to picks, and adding three draft picks to the mix (assuming they are all on next year’s roster) equals roughly in the general area of $8.4 million in guaranteed salary.

There is currently a $10 million cap hold for Marcus Morris and a $9.1 million cap hold for Terry Rozier.

TL;DR

We have $70 million in cap space if Horford/Kyrie leaves, but over $20 million in cap holds. We would need to renounce literally everyone to have $24-25 million available.
Money isn't the issue in my eyes those guys can all go.

But I don't see anyone good signing here  till Brown and Tatum reach all star level