Author Topic: Danny and Doc in a brawl?  (Read 4967 times)

Danny and Doc in a brawl?
« on: September 24, 2009, 09:50:33 AM »

Offline illestmcsgt

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
I just saw the lockout post in the front page then tried to find footage of the 1995 Kings and Pacers brawl. Then came across this brawl between Knicks and Suns which I noticed danny and Ainge were in. Seems like Doc started it and Danny was talking crap himself. Lol it's interesting since Danny and Doc are on the same team now, when back then they were playing against each other.

Here's a link to watch the video I never seen it and I don't think many have either. So this is just irrelevant, but it's something that involves the Celtics unless it's off topic then sorry you can move it.   :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT33yf1pWEc

Re: Danny and Doc in a brawl?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 11:25:42 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Rivers got leveled by that pick.

When people complain about rules concerning leaving the bench during an altercation, they should watch that video.

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 11:32:20 AM »

Offline Bent

• Author
  • Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
Did you ever find the Kings-Pacers brawl?  Michael Smith (no, not THAT Michael Smith) lands a decent punch on Dale Davis and the refs have no success whatsoever trying to break it up.

My initial thought was that they were probably also on opposite sides of a brawl when Tree bit Danny (or the other way round, depending whose version of events you believe).  However, that may have been the year before Doc was drafted.

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 11:34:17 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
That was fun to watch

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 11:52:02 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Rivers got leveled by that pick.

You mean that shoulder to the face?

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 11:55:12 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Then came across this brawl between Knicks and Suns which I noticed danny and Ainge were in.
Danny AND Ainge?
How'd they end up on different teams?
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 12:19:17 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
I just saw the lockout post in the front page then tried to find footage of the 1995 Kings and Pacers brawl. Then came across this brawl between Knicks and Suns which I noticed danny and Ainge were in. Seems like Doc started it and Danny was talking crap himself. Lol it's interesting since Danny and Doc are on the same team now, when back then they were playing against each other.

I remember Ainge as always starting something or egging someone else on.  He provoked a lot of on court shenanigans.

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 12:32:14 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
nice lunchtime video.  thanks

and to GW - the game would be much more interesting and self regulated if people were still allowed to get off the bench.  it would eliminate the flopping and sissy cheapshotting in the game that the jobber refs allow to happen.

if guys like perk could come of the bench and throw a left hook every now and then, i whole heartedly believe we'd have a cleaner game because of it
God bless and good night!

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 12:36:04 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Definitely a cheap shot by Kevin Johnson.

It's funny how many of the players in this fight have high up jobs in the NBA or commentating on it: Ainge, Doc, Barkley, Greg Anthony.

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 12:45:38 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
nice lunchtime video.  thanks

and to GW - the game would be much more interesting and self regulated if people were still allowed to get off the bench.  it would eliminate the flopping and sissy cheapshotting in the game that the jobber refs allow to happen.

if guys like perk could come of the bench and throw a left hook every now and then, i whole heartedly believe we'd have a cleaner game because of it
I have to question your logic that letting people off the bench would eliminate flopping. I fail to see how that would have any effect whatsoever.

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 01:06:13 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Definitely a cheap shot by Kevin Johnson.

It's funny how many of the players in this fight have high up jobs in the NBA or commentating on it: Ainge, Doc, Barkley, Greg Anthony.

Did you notice that Ainge is taller than Barkley. They would have called so many fouls on that Barkley post up and on the Marley put back. The game was way more rugged than it is now.

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 01:34:07 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
Very entertaining.  Greg Anthony with his Melo impersonation.  Ainge while an instigator would fight anyone. 
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 01:49:19 PM »

Offline fanofgreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
HAHA....listen to 4:15 "Dick Harter just hit the ground" LOL

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 02:30:29 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
Ainge while an instigator would fight anyone. 

Yeah, that was pretty much the case, but I firmly believed (even then), that DA would have been a little more in control if he didn't have the big 3 to bail him out.

My clearest memory of Ainge as a Celtic was him taunting an opponent (Houston maybe?) at midcourt and then taking a swing.  DA missed with his opening punch and the other player just knocked DA out cold.  I'm a C's fan through and through but Ainge deserved it. ;)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 03:16:14 PM by Thruthelookingglass »

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2009, 04:44:23 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I loved watching Danny and Doc play. Two guys who made the most of their physical talent, and had so much fire.

Eddie House has a little bit of them in him.