Poll

Seeding Games: Will the Grizzlies make the playoffs?

Yes
2 (12.5%)
No
14 (87.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Memphis Grizzlies 2019-2020 Watch Thread (#14)  (Read 93996 times)

Re: Memphis Grizzlies 2019-2020 Watch Thread
« Reply #495 on: August 16, 2020, 12:16:54 AM »

Offline Linwood

• NCE
  • Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 9
We better hope this pick actually conveys this year.  This Grizzlies team has a very bright future.  A pick next year could easily be in the 20's somewhere.

Disagree. Warriors will be back in the fold and the west is stacked, could very well be a top 10 pick in a stacked draft.

« Reply #496 on: August 16, 2020, 02:20:58 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
We better hope this pick actually conveys this year.  This Grizzlies team has a very bright future.  A pick next year could easily be in the 20's somewhere.

Disagree. Warriors will be back in the fold and the west is stacked, could very well be a top 10 pick in a stacked draft.

Calling it now. The Grizz will be as good as Utah next year.  And who knows, maybe the Suns will be too.

« Reply #497 on: August 16, 2020, 06:06:51 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
What a game! That was a fantastic year for the Grizzlies and Morant, and they fought hard until the end.

I think Mark Jackson is right, the West will be LOADED for years to come and some great teams could miss the playoffs next year as a result.

And on a side note, I LOVE those Grizzlies blue jerseys they wore today. Love them

I really wonder what this does to Minnesota. Russell + Towns and an awful supporting cast isn't going to make the playoffs. When is Towns going to ask for a trade?

« Reply #498 on: August 16, 2020, 08:00:07 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
What a game! That was a fantastic year for the Grizzlies and Morant, and they fought hard until the end.

I think Mark Jackson is right, the West will be LOADED for years to come and some great teams could miss the playoffs next year as a result.

And on a side note, I LOVE those Grizzlies blue jerseys they wore today. Love them

I really wonder what this does to Minnesota. Russell + Towns and an awful supporting cast isn't going to make the playoffs. When is Towns going to ask for a trade?

That depends. If both Russell and Towns are putting up big stats, how long can they convince themselves its everyone else's fault for lack of Ws?

« Reply #499 on: August 16, 2020, 08:34:57 AM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

That depends. If both Russell and Towns are putting up big stats, how long can they convince themselves its everyone else's fault for lack of Ws?

I don't think Minny is in any rush to move Towns. He is still in the 1st year of his new 5 year max deal. They will give it at least 2 more seasons with their new 'duo' before they even consider anything. At that point, Towns will still have a ton of value with 2 seasons left on his deal (not an expiring) and Minny will have made sure that it wasn't going to work.

You don't move a guy like Towns for smaller pieces when you don't have to. Given his newly signed contract, he has to be one of the 5 most valuable players in the league right now.

« Reply #500 on: August 16, 2020, 09:11:00 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

I don't think Minny is in any rush to move Towns. He is still in the 1st year of his new 5 year max deal. They will give it at least 2 more seasons with their new 'duo' before they even consider anything. At that point, Towns will still have a ton of value with 2 seasons left on his deal (not an expiring) and Minny will have made sure that it wasn't going to work.

You don't move a guy like Towns for smaller pieces when you don't have to. Given his newly signed contract, he has to be one of the 5 most valuable players in the league right now.

I don't disagree. I was mainly talking about it from Towns perspective. If he and Russell are putting up big stats, how long can they convince themselves its everyone else's fault?

If he gets difficult again, I think he could get traded.