Author Topic: Mannix: Boston dark horse for Durant  (Read 7319 times)

Re: Mannix: Boston dark horse for Durant
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2016, 04:27:33 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2973
I think Boogie is more realistic possibility.

« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2016, 04:34:25 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145

I think if we get Boogie, Durant would have to be prettty tempted. Of course it depends somewhat on what we give up for Boogie, but if it's mostly picks...

« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2016, 04:53:41 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Boston probably has as good of a chance as any team that's not OKC to sign Durant this summer. I just think the chance of Durant leaving OKC is next to nothing. There are too many financial and basketball reasons to stay.

Have you ever been to OKC?

« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2016, 04:54:11 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

God, no.

« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2016, 05:00:29 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I just don't see Durant picking Boston over Golden State or san Antonio. it's nice to dream though...I guess. me personally though I wouldn't put myself through all this "will he or won't he" nonsense.

« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2016, 05:11:03 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
I just don't see Durant picking Boston over Golden State or san Antonio. it's nice to dream though...I guess. me personally though I wouldn't put myself through all this "will he or won't he" nonsense.

Because Durant is totally going to ruin his legacy as an all-time great by jumping to a probable repeat champion who just broke the all-time best season record with three All-Stars and the greatest shooter in NBA history, who also will be the repeat MVP. Yeah, I don't see that happening.

As for San Antonio, I'm not sure that I like the fit so much there. The most logical sense would be to move Aldridge to the 5, Durant to the 4, and Kawhi stays at the 3. However, that significantly hurts their interior and overall defense, which is their calling card, but I don't think either Durant or Kawhi can play the 2 full time. Sure, a lot of talent is nice, but the Cleveland Cavaliers have shown that fit can be just as important and necessary as talent at times.

As long as we don't get swept and look as bad as these last two games this series, I still think we're the clear top rival to OKC in signing Durant, but like others have said we'll necessarily need to make other moves to get him here.

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2016, 05:18:20 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1557
Toronto, LAC, and Miami all make as much sense if not more for Durant than Boston (excluding OKC and Washington). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2016, 05:28:56 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Update on opening post

« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2016, 05:45:13 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Update on opening post

TP for getting that info. And it's a very important update. Durant wants to win, and while Boston at present is a nice scenario, it's not perfect and would be tough for him. But bring in another talent and durant has to consider us. Problem now is getting that other guy first.

Edit: also, did Mannix mention butler? Or did it just come up? Or did you just add in his name as an example?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2016, 05:51:44 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Update on opening post

TP for getting that info. And it's a very important update. Durant wants to win, and while Boston at present is a nice scenario, it's not perfect and would be tough for him. But bring in another talent and durant has to consider us. Problem now is getting that other guy first.

Edit: also, did Mannix mention butler? Or did it just come up? Or did you just add in his name as an example?

He specifically mentioned Butler. I was paraphrasing everything he said, but those were all his words not mine. Including wanting the opportunity to visit teams and know their plans and know what they're all about. As of now all he knows his OKC and is looking forward to his opportunity to explore the market.

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2016, 05:56:55 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Update on opening post

He specifically mentioned Butler. I was paraphrasing everything he said, but those were all his words not mine. Including wanting the opportunity to visit teams and know their plans and know what they're all about. As of now all he knows his OKC and is looking forward to his opportunity to explore the market.

Sounds like great news! Hopefully Chicago will listen to our offers this summer.

We could have a new Big 3 of Thomas, Butler, and Durant. Wow
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2016, 10:20:34 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
  I'm looking for hope here. Can you guys tell me why Chicago would trade Butler when he's so young and talented? If I was Chicago I wouldn't give him up for all our Brooklyn picks. Whoever he has a beef with, wouldn't they discard THAT person? Or is it that he is very upset with management?

« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2016, 10:22:42 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Man, I'd love Butler here. Sounds insane maybe but I may even prefer him to Durant with his young we are. I feel like the guy is still improving and just the defense. Really it's just an irrational fear of KD's foot.

« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2016, 03:46:14 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

what do you guys think?