Author Topic: perks injury  (Read 2411 times)

perks injury
« on: June 06, 2008, 12:57:08 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
any info on perks injury?

Re: perks injury
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 01:10:29 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
I was wondering about the same thing myself. I've read in another site that Doc sound worried about Perk's injury (more than about Pierce) in a radio show he talked to. Some info would be greatly appreciated.

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 01:12:58 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
I was wondering about the same thing myself. I've read in another site that Doc sound worried about Perk's injury (more than about Pierce) in a radio show he talked to. Some info would be greatly appreciated.

the good part is PJ Brown played great, and we did well without Perk. The PJ Brown signing was huge!

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 01:41:44 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523
This is a huge issue and I'm surprised there isn't more information yet.

We've all had ankle sprains and we all know that they can be relatively mild to quite severe.

Speculating, Perk's pronouncement during the game (as reported by Doc) that he felt to be at "60%" doesn't sound like a good omen to me.  My experience has been that with a mild sprain you can wrap it up and perform close to 100% right afterward (what happens the next day and thereafter is more uncertain).  If Perk was saying he was at 60% (and knowing athletes' tendency to overestimate their own status), it worries me that this injury may be pretty bad.

Yes, PJ played well, but he can only be expected to give 20 minutes (tops).  And Perk has the potential to provide a dimension that could really hurt LA.  His 'D' is key, his size is unmatched by LA and if he were to maintain his 'monster' attitude in the paint, he'd be key on the boards.  The fact that he also might have a double digit points game in him just adds to how important he could be.  I'd hate to lose him for this series, but unlike Pierce who can still be effective at 80%, Perk at 80% is probably better off on the bench.

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 01:46:40 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

the good part is PJ Brown played great, and we did well without Perk. The PJ Brown signing was huge!

The way Perk was playing last night prior to the injury I think Brown's minutes would have been pretty similar to what we saw even if Perk never got hurt.  PJ was a work horse last night.  I don't think we want to try and put 40 minutes of Brown though.  We need the Perk-alator back!
Yup

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 01:47:09 PM »

Offline sns0274

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 14
At media day today Doc says Perk has high ankle sprain and is most likely to play Sunday.

Pierce on the other hand

Will be game time decision and basically up to Paul and his pain threshold.

refused MRI, because he doesn't want to get shut down due to a slight tear and will address the issue after the series is over
Guns don't kill people, stupid people with guns kill people

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 02:05:08 PM »

Offline NicaraguanFan

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28

PJ was huge, but he is not a young man, he will need lot of rest.

#18 is coming...

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 02:40:00 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Perk is playing:

# Perkins walked onto the parquet floor with a slight limp to do his interviews today. His left ankle was heavily taped. Perkins sprained the ankle in the second half of last night's game and told Rivers he was about 60 percent when he returned to the game.

Perkins said he would have been able to practice today if the team had held one.

"It's just a little sore right now, but it's all right," said Perkins. "The swelling's not bad, but it's in pain."

Perkins was asked if he would be able to play Sunday.

"Yeah, I'm going to play," said Perkins. "It's the Finals."

# To clarify, Perkins said he wasn't in the locker room at the same time as Pierce during the third quarter of Game 1. Pierce was heading back onto the court when Perkins limped off.

"I guess I gave him some energy," joked Perkins.

Link.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions