Author Topic: Media day  (Read 2265 times)

Media day
« on: June 06, 2008, 12:20:45 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
I thought I'd let everyone know that The media availability (AKA the press confrences) are on NBA TV right now (noon).  They are going to be talking to the Lakers soon and then the C's.  If they say anything groundbreaking I'll put it here.  Hopefully they will have some update on Pierce's knee.   

Re: Media day
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 12:30:09 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Yeah you would think that with the 24 hour news cycle we have now we would have an update on how the knee responded over night now that it's 12:30 the next day.  Here's hoping it responds well and any X-rays or MRIs come out negative.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 01:18:17 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
Doc was just on, he said there was no structual damage to Pierce's knee. Said it was tender and swollen.  He said he expects him and Perk to play Sunday (was happy about the extra day off).  He seemed more down on Perks injury.  Said it was a high ankle sprain.  Basically said as of now he expects them to play but doesn't know how much they will be able to give them. 

Pierce and KG are comming up. 

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 01:23:47 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
Doc was just on, he said there was no structual damage to Pierce's knee. Said it was tender and swollen.  He said he expects him and Perk to play Sunday (was happy about the extra day off).  He seemed more down on Perks injury.  Said it was a high ankle sprain.  Basically said as of now he expects them to play but doesn't know how much they will be able to give them. 

Pierce and KG are comming up. 
Im watching the same interviews on NBA.TV at this moment,KG is on now.The media still hoping on the Pierce thing,very annoying.TP for you

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 01:39:27 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
Pierce was just on.  He says he expects to play sunday (at least as of right now).  Said it was a little swollen.  He thinks it's basically a matter of dealing with the pain.  He said he'll be getting treatment today and tomorrow. 

They asked him about an MRI.   He said he was going to wait until  after the series.  Bassically he said it came down to weather or not he could play on it so the MRI didn't matter. 

I guess this is pretty much as good as we could expect for now.  Hopefully it keeps improving.   

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 01:42:09 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
TP, furball.  Much thanks for the updates for those of us without access at the moment.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.