Author Topic: My own Celtics Unsung heros!  (Read 1570 times)

My own Celtics Unsung heros!
« on: June 06, 2008, 12:15:10 AM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Wow what a game huh? nail biting down to the end

Just wanted to extend my thanks to Sean Grande & Max from the the NBA radio, living outside the US.. Grande&Max is my ticket to living and breathing live Celtics basketball, day in and day out ive lived and died with the words ringing out in my PC speakers.... "GOT IT" witch brings me from sitting, staring into my computer while biting my nails to jumping, screaming at the sky'

Anyway.. really dont know what to say after this game 1 im borderline speachless at the moment, just hope you see this! you made the game tonight as vivid and living as any televison could have done for me and i've not thanked you two all year long for what you do, so before i forget again.. thank you Sean and Max, your combined work has meant more to me this year than you would ever imagin.

oh and my dad extends his thanks aswell!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 12:54:39 AM by Redz »
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

Re: My own Celtics Unsong heros!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 12:47:53 AM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
bump before i go to bed so others can get a chance to say their thanks on this great boston sports night.
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

Re: My own Celtics Unsung heros!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 06:46:17 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
There's something special about listening to the game on radio, no doubt.  I'm glad Max and Sean were able to make it a great experience for our international fans.

I'm still giddy about last night.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 07:13:57 AM by Roy Hobbs »

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 07:13:07 AM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
TP Dybdal. Thanks for reminding me to listen to the radio for the next game. Haven't done that since Johnny Most died. I almost did it last night, but was too lazy.
Jackson and Van Gundy are ok, but I just can't stand anymore of the constant babbling of inanities from Breen. He can't shut up for half a second, just a younger(?) version of Stockton. Ya, I know, there are a lot of non-fans tuning in for the finals, but that doesn't mean I have to listen to the same two or three talking points over and over and over and over and over and over and over.
So, next game it'll be Grande and Max. Maybe I'll even find out what the "quack quack" is supposed to mean :)

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 12:46:58 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
While i enjoy the JVG trio commentating, i think every celtic fan would give their right arm for Mike & Tommy! or Sean & Max for that matter instead of the the ABC team.

Anywho! going to watch the game here in a few hours when i get it on DvD as usual, its allways fun for me to sit the day after and match places in the game with what i heared on the radio the day before.

More often than not, the plays where i would be shaking of nerves or excitment when listening to the radio, dosnt do the same to me when its a National commentating team, but its still fun to pause the dvd when you found the visual image to what Sean Grande was explaning to you the day before and be amazed that your eyes recognize what your ears heared the day before..

Anywho.. great victory yesterday and thanks for the TP!

- Larry Bird