Author Topic: Hypothetically: AD decides to leave LeBron...  (Read 2368 times)

Hypothetically: AD decides to leave LeBron...
« on: February 24, 2020, 01:56:31 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
What would we have to do to afford him in free agency? Explain scenario if Hayward opts out or in...

Re: Hypothetically: AD decides to leave LeBron...
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 02:00:59 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Give up Tatum lol.

But at this rate...Tatum is much more valuable than Anthony Davis. Especially after a year's time.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 02:06:20 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Tatum is untouchable. Brown might be expendable for draft picks if we’re signing AD to replace him. Otherwise, he’s untouchable too. I’d also argue Kemba and Smart are untouchable although if Smart had to go to sign AD, I say do it if it means reloading our draft picks.

That said, is there actually a way to sign AD? Does it always require trading JB for picks?

Seems reasonable for AD to think there’s no way to compete beyond next year with LeBron, and there’s no way to get out of his shadow and Kobe’s shadow, so why not jump ship for a legacy in Boston? Why not pull a Kyrie in the sense of both leaving LeBron and leaving a franchise that has you pegged for the future?

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 04:34:58 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
I hope he does..

I think the only team that has a chance are the Bulls.. (hometown).

And No he ain't coming to Boston either by trade or as a FA...

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2020, 09:20:41 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
What would we have to do to afford him in free agency? Explain scenario if Hayward opts out or in...
he ain't coming.  he made that clear in last year's debacle when the C's were in heavy discussions with NO.  AD wouldn't resign here so no deal was made.  no way he'll sign here as a FA -- he wanted LA (whether he really wanted LA or just his management team wanted LA) and I don't see him leaving regardless of what happens while Lebron is there (or after Lebron leaves)

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2020, 05:13:56 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
I'm sick of AD.
I'd rather turn to KAT.

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2020, 08:20:27 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
The Celtics would either have to sign and trade for him or clear enough space to sign him to a max deal.

To clear max space if Hayward & Kanter opt out we'd have 12 million or so into room. So we'd have to cut Theis and then also either trade Brown or Kemba or Tatum + Smart into space to get the cap room to sign him.

If the Celtics did a sign and trade for Davis they could use Hayward or Kemba or Smart + Jaylen or Jaylen + Tatum as the matching salary to send to LAL.

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2020, 08:21:50 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
The window for the Celtics to acquire Davis has passed. Fortunately Jaylen/Jayson are too extremely good players to build around.