Author Topic: Cooper Flagg  (Read 69339 times)

Re: Cooper Flagg
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2022, 06:30:26 AM »

Offline DBCooper

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
Andrus Peat is Koa’s brother. Their father is former NFL offensive lineman Todd Peat

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2022, 08:59:52 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
One of the bigger names to recently speak about the young prospect is former NBA big-man Brian Scalabrine.

Scalabrine was recently interviewed by Greg Levinsky at an AAU tournament of Flagg’s in Portland, Maine.

The former Celtic noted that Flagg came down to a pickup game Scalabrine was hosting and “absolutely dominated.”

“Both the brothers will come down, stay at my house, and workout in the summer days,” Scalabrine said. ” But I just think the kid is special… I think he is a generational talent.”

https://www.zagsblog.com/2022/08/10/former-nba-champion-brian-scalabrine-is-training-15-year-old-future-star-cooper-flagg/

The Maine Mamba?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2023, 10:24:05 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. — Cooper Flagg continued to make his case as arguably the No. 1 prospect in high school basketball...

Playing in front of more than 30 credentialed NBA scouts at the Hoophall Classic on Saturday, the 6-foot-8 16-year-old sophomore forward filled the stat sheet with 21 points, 5 steals, 5 rebounds and 3 assists in Montverde (FL) Academy’s 85-63 victory over La Lumiere (IN). His performance came with about 100 family and friends from Maine in the stands after they made the trip to the Hall of Fame.

During one stretch in the second half, Flagg displayed his all-court game by draining a corner 3-pointer, leaping to flush a two-handed dunk and then making an entry pass to teammate Liam McNeeley for a layup.

“Obviously, it’s a great feeling to know that I get to represent Maine in such a good way so I’m trying to help our team win in any way that I can,” Flagg said.

Listen to this hype:

“Flagg is arguably one of the best, if not the best, high school prospect that has come up through the ranks over the past 10 years, with his age in mind,” one NBA scout in attendance said.

“Not sure I can recall anyone better than him with how he impacts the game on both ends of the floor. His best asset is his shot-blocking and passing which shouldn’t overshadow how great of a rebounder, finisher, defender and energy giver he is. I guess you can pull him apart and say he is not a great shooter just yet but that is about it.”

The scout said he could imagine NBA teams tanking in Victor Wembanyama-style for Flagg down the road.

“When you talk about ceilings and upside, just imagine how good one can become and that is what you have with Flagg,” he said. “As long as he continues to develop properly, get stronger, play the right way as he does and make shots, we are talking about the next Wemba-like tank job for NBA teams.”

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2023, 01:13:46 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. — Cooper Flagg continued to make his case as arguably the No. 1 prospect in high school basketball...

Playing in front of more than 30 credentialed NBA scouts at the Hoophall Classic on Saturday, the 6-foot-8 16-year-old sophomore forward filled the stat sheet with 21 points, 5 steals, 5 rebounds and 3 assists in Montverde (FL) Academy’s 85-63 victory over La Lumiere (IN). His performance came with about 100 family and friends from Maine in the stands after they made the trip to the Hall of Fame.

During one stretch in the second half, Flagg displayed his all-court game by draining a corner 3-pointer, leaping to flush a two-handed dunk and then making an entry pass to teammate Liam McNeeley for a layup.

“Obviously, it’s a great feeling to know that I get to represent Maine in such a good way so I’m trying to help our team win in any way that I can,” Flagg said.

Listen to this hype:

“Flagg is arguably one of the best, if not the best, high school prospect that has come up through the ranks over the past 10 years, with his age in mind,” one NBA scout in attendance said.

“Not sure I can recall anyone better than him with how he impacts the game on both ends of the floor. His best asset is his shot-blocking and passing which shouldn’t overshadow how great of a rebounder, finisher, defender and energy giver he is. I guess you can pull him apart and say he is not a great shooter just yet but that is about it.”

The scout said he could imagine NBA teams tanking in Victor Wembanyama-style for Flagg down the road.

“When you talk about ceilings and upside, just imagine how good one can become and that is what you have with Flagg,” he said. “As long as he continues to develop properly, get stronger, play the right way as he does and make shots, we are talking about the next Wemba-like tank job for NBA teams.”

Found some video of his game at the Springfield Classic in MA. Kid looks good. Nice shooting stroke, was hitting 3’s and midrange shots.  I’m going to try to go to this tournament next year and stop by the HOF after. Haven’t been there in years.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_8VCfMEMeAg

« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 03:46:05 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2023, 09:28:17 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
I’ve watched a bit of Cooper Flagg’s highlights recently, and physically he reminds me of Billy Cunningham or Bobby Jones.
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2023, 03:40:36 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell

In a recent Maine victory during the Nike Peach Jam tournament, Cooper Flagg put up an impressive 38 points, 16 rebounds, 6 assists & 11 blocks.

Flagg is still only 16 years old and not eligible for the NBA until the 2026 draft.

———

* The Peach Jam, put on by the Nike Elite Youth Basketball League (EYBL), is the premier tournament in the nation for high school players

« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 03:46:24 PM by Ed Monix »

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2023, 04:09:25 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

In a recent Maine victory during the Nike Peach Jam tournament, Cooper Flagg put up an impressive 38 points, 16 rebounds, 6 assists & 11 blocks.

Flagg is still only 16 years old and not eligible for the NBA until the 2026 draft.

———

* The Peach Jam, put on by the Nike Elite Youth Basketball League (EYBL), is the premier tournament in the nation for high school players

Yet we hear way more about Bryce or bronny James

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2023, 04:15:05 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

———

Can he please fake his death until he's draft eligible so the Celtics can take him?

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2023, 04:20:45 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
Can he please fake his death until he's draft eligible so the Celtics can take him?

Honestly, it’s going to break my heart to see him drafted by another team other than the Celtics.

Call me crazy, but I’d trade ANY current Celtic for Flagg’s draft rights.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 04:32:11 PM by Ed Monix »

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2023, 04:50:06 PM »

Online Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 262
  • International Superstar

Honestly, it’s going to break my heart to see him drafted by another team other than the Celtics.

I'm all for watching people from back home succeed but you're crazy, Mr. Monix.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2023, 05:07:51 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell

I'm all for watching people from back home succeed but you're crazy, Mr. Monix.

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2023, 06:40:11 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Pretty amazing story. Kid looks like the real deal
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2023, 07:03:27 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Time for the NBA to reimplement "territorial" picks.

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2023, 07:05:49 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

———

Love it when a kid puts up a Wilt Chamberlain statline
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2023, 07:12:10 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Didn't realize he won't be available until the 2026 nba draft. Kid is going to be very good. He is an unbelievable defensive prospect, and he's "good" at basically all offensive skills. Sky is the limit. It is crazy that Boozers son is rated higher than him.
#JKJB