Author Topic: So, what does everyone think?  (Read 21201 times)

Re: So, what does everyone think?
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2008, 07:28:35 PM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202
Ok, so do the same rules aply for the Blog posts as exists for the Forum?

Logic would dictate yes, but one never knows.

I mean if the answer is no then I can talk in depth about how I feel about (edited out) and the (also edited out) and the fact that (really edited out).
I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.

« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2008, 07:33:02 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

I mean if the answer is no then I can talk in depth about how I feel about (edited out) and the (also edited out) and the fact that (really edited out).

All the same rules apply.  Here's the first draft of the new rules for the front page:

The Front Page:

• There are three options for fans to contribute on the front page of the blog: live comments, fanposts, and fanshots.  From time to time, the staff will "elevate" worthy Fanposts and Fanshots by showcasing them in the main blog space.
  • Keep the front page clean.  Profanity, inappropriate or lewd photos or links, discussion of politics, or other content that violates our rules will result in immediate discipline.
  • Live comments should be left in response to main blog posts or game threads.  Please stay on topic as much as possible when leaving a live comment.
  • Fanposts are members' own personal blog posts.  Fanposts should be at least 75 words long, and should be as substantive and insightful as possible.  "Shout outs" and "quick thoughts" should be confined to the Celticsblog forums, accessible through the top menu bar.
  • Fanshots are pictures, videos, quotes, and links that you think others might be interested in.
  • User-posted front page content can be deleted at any time for any reason.  Discipline on the front page will extend to other areas of the site, such as the forums and the chat room.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2008, 07:58:15 PM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202

All the same rules apply.  Here's the first draft of the new rules for the front page:

The Front Page:

• There are three options for fans to contribute on the front page of the blog: live comments, fanposts, and fanshots.  From time to time, the staff will "elevate" worthy Fanposts and Fanshots by showcasing them in the main blog space.
  • Keep the front page clean.  Profanity, inappropriate or lewd photos or links, discussion of politics, or other content that violates our rules will result in immediate discipline.
  • Live comments should be left in response to main blog posts or game threads.  Please stay on topic as much as possible when leaving a live comment.
  • Fanposts are members' own personal blog posts.  Fanposts should be at least 75 words long, and should be as substantive and insightful as possible.  "Shout outs" and "quick thoughts" should be confined to the Celticsblog forums, accessible through the top menu bar.
  • Fanshots are pictures, videos, quotes, and links that you think others might be interested in.
  • User-posted front page content can be deleted at any time for any reason.  Discipline on the front page will extend to other areas of the site, such as the forums and the chat room.

Clear and to the point.  Pretty good actually
I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.

« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2008, 09:09:40 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
I echo the same feelings others have stated here, regarding the tradeoff between the forums and the fanshots. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the same subject being discussed in a frontpage article and its comments section, in the forum and in the fanposts section.

Other than that, it looks great, sophisticated and really easy to use.

« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2008, 10:27:41 AM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I don't know if my internet connection has been upgraded or something, but the pages on the new site load up so fast I don't even realize I'm on a page page after I've clicked.

So that's nice :)
Yup

« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2008, 05:51:45 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Maybe this was just me and my radically clueless nature, but only today I've noticed I had some personal messages to read. I suppose I was used to the pop-up window alert, and I don't believe this is exactly a problem, but perhaps a more visible icon (a bolder font would do) would make sense?

« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2008, 07:06:07 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Maybe this was just me and my radically clueless nature, but only today I've noticed I had some personal messages to read. I suppose I was used to the pop-up window alert, and I don't believe this is exactly a problem, but perhaps a more visible icon (a bolder font would do) would make sense?

Yeah, this is one of the changes that I'm not necessarily a fan of.  You can still get the message alerts, but it's not a default option; you have to click it on in your profile, under personal message options. 

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions