Author Topic: Hello from Pennsylvania  (Read 3782 times)

Hello from Pennsylvania
« on: January 20, 2021, 10:04:23 AM »

Offline Celts17201

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 13
I found this forum just yesterday and it looks like a nice one. I will try to stop from time to time as I have been a fan of the game since the days of Bob Cousy and Bill Russell. I hope the Celtics have a great season!
I want to be the man my dog thinks I am

Re: Hello from Pennsylvania
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 10:24:35 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Welcome to the blog!

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 10:55:01 AM »

Offline 100% Celt

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 25
I found this forum just yesterday and it looks like a nice one. I will try to stop from time to time as I have been a fan of the game since the days of Bob Cousy and Bill Russell. I hope the Celtics have a great season!

Welcome.  :)

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 11:24:51 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
welcome to the forum and a tp to start you off right.

folks here tend to be very nice, friendly, and knowledgable about the celtics as well as other topics....even those who disagree with me.  ;D

p.s. what part of PA? I lived in pittsburgh for a few years.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2021, 12:41:37 PM »

Offline Celts17201

• Jaden Springer
Thank you, and thanks to everyone else. In answer to your question, I live in Chambersburg since 2012.

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2021, 12:50:14 PM »

Offline Celts17201

• Jaden Springer
To continue, as I do not see a way to edit, I am originally from Lancaster, then Allentown and now Chambersburg which is in Franklin County. Also, why the need to type in the verification letters every time you post?

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2021, 02:49:47 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
To continue, as I do not see a way to edit, I am originally from Lancaster, then Allentown and now Chambersburg which is in Franklin County. Also, why the need to type in the verification letters every time you post?

mods, mods, mods...can you help C17201 with his questions?

as for editing, on all your posts in the upper right is a "modify" button. that is how i edit my posts.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2021, 02:52:48 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

mods, mods, mods...can you help C17201 with his questions?

as for editing, on all your posts in the upper right is a "modify" button. that is how i edit my posts.

I legit have never seen this before or know anything about it.  Maybe Roy or byennie know.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2021, 04:11:05 PM »

Offline Celts17201

• Jaden Springer
Ok, this time I did not see the verification letters or the four required questions about the team before I sent this. I just clicked on reply, posted and sent it. Perhaps it may never happen again. Thank you for your reply and now I also see how to edit. And go Celtics, beat the Sixers tonight!

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2021, 02:37:49 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361

Welcome and have a TP!
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2021, 03:08:20 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
First.....Welcome to CelticsStrong Celts17201!!!

Next, instead of verification numbers, maybe new posters have to answer Celtic questions for verification purposes.

Like, have a picture of 8 men's faces and tell the user to pick out the Celtic players. No bot will be able to do that(and maybe more importantly, no Laker fan).

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2021, 03:30:43 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Hello from Susquehanna valley ;D

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2021, 05:22:34 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum

Welcome! TP!

I have only joined officially on here a week ago, and I can confirm that everyone here is extremely, knowledgeable, friendly and polite (especially for a forum lol).
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine