Author Topic: 2016 CB Draft: Draft Thread: Important Announcement  (Read 371885 times)

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
The L.A. Clippers have agreed to terms with Cheick Diallo
Nice signing. I think C.Diallo could be useful his rookie year. Reminds me a lot of Faried. I think Diallo could have a rookie year similar to Faried's rookie year. Diallo is a guy who knows he is a hustle guy and plays with great energy and effort on defense and when attacking the glass. That will help him earn minutes and be useful while his development continues.

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
The L.A. Clippers have agreed to terms with Cheick Diallo
Nice signing. I think C.Diallo could be useful his rookie year. Reminds me a lot of Faried. I think Diallo could have a rookie year similar to Faried's rookie year. Diallo is a guy who knows he is a hustle guy and plays with great energy and effort on defense and when attacking the glass. That will help him earn minutes and be useful while his development continues.

Absolutely agree Who, thanks. Diallo has always managed to produce at every major scouting event before he fell into Bill Self's dog house. Very hungry competitor will be a nice fit when the team needs a change of pace and infusion of effort. He should have plenty of opportunity this year in New Orleans.

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Redacted - player already owned

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
He was drafted.....fairly early on too.

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
He was drafted.....fairly early on too.

Yeah, I didn't bother to check until after I posted, rookie mistake.

I did catch myself though.

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
The Milwaukee Bucks agree to terms with John Jenkins
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

Re: 2016 CB Draft: Draft Thread: 13th Round
« Reply #1671 on: August 14, 2016, 10:51:41 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Southwest Division and Southeast Division press conferences start tomorrow (Monday).

Tuesday 8/16 - Northwest & Central
Wednesday 8/17 - Pacific & Atlantic

Thurs & Fri - Voting for playoffs

Week of Aug. 22 -- Playoff matchups

from the rules (if you want to see some from the 2013 CBD:
1. After the draft each team will, on a day assigned to their division, post a press conference introducing their final team, describing why they put the roster together that way and any other salient or extraneous info. Here are just a few examples from the 2013 CB Draft:

Houston Rockets' 2013 CB Draft presser (by BigAltheFuture)
Atlanta Hawks' 2013 CB Draft presser (by Champkind)
Cleveland Cavs 2013 CB Draft presser (by AB_Celtic)
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

Re: 2016 CB Draft: Draft Thread: Press Conferences start Monday!
« Reply #1672 on: August 16, 2016, 12:11:11 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Looks like I don't have a place to post it yet, and I'm working all day, so this may be my only chance, so:

Your 2016 CBD Milwaukee Bucks

Depth chart (minutes)

PG: Chris Paul (33) / Zach LaVine (6) / Jarrett Jack (9) / Shane Larkin
SG: Arron Afflalo (20) / Zach LaVine (24) / Lance Stephenson (4) / John Jenkins
SF: Jeff Green (30) / Tobias Harris (12) Lance Stephenson (4) / Nick Young (2)
PF: Tobias Harris (20) / Donatas Motiejunas (14) / Frank Kaminsky (14)
C: Dwight Howard (30) / Cole Aldrich (12) / Frank Kaminsky (6) / JaVale McGee

Coach: Jason Kidd

Guys who shot 35% or better from three last season: Paul, LaVine, Afflalo, Stephenson, Harris (with Detroit).

With shooting and athleticism at every position, Milwaukee has the depth to go small and bomb the hoop from behind the three-point line. Packed with veteran talent and versatile young players, the Bucks will be able to score with anyone in the league. We're relying on LaVine and Harris, two freak athletes, to take the next natural step in their progression as players. If they can continue to create mismatches offensively, they'll power a team set up by Chris Paul and flushed away by Dwight Howard in the pick and roll. Lots and lots of ways to hurt you in MKE.

Defensively, this team will rely on Howard and Aldrich to be anchors in the paint while relying on Kidd to get the most out of his athletes like he did in 2014-15. No, there isn't a Greek Freak on the roster, but there's enough flexibility here to throw several different looks at opponents.

The X factors here? Motiejunas hasn't been healthy since 2014-15, but he says he's good to go for this fall. If he can return to the form that helped him average 12 and 6 while shooting over 50% from the field (and 36.8% from three), he'll give this team a major boost and more flexibility up front. Kaminsky isn't a great defender, but he can stretch the floor and clog the lane. Using him to dare Miami to shoot was a big, big factor in CHA's game three playoff win against the Heat last spring (http://www.sbnation.com/2016/4/25/11499536/frank-kaminsky-hornets-starter-heat-game-3-success).

And then there's the depth. The weird, sorta questionable depth. Guys like Jack, Stephenson, Young, and McGee are hit or miss guys. If I get two of them to play at the level they're capable, it's a win. If not, we cobble an eight-man rotation of Paul, LaVine, Afflalo, Green, Harris, (Motiejunas or Kaminsky), Howard, and Aldrich.

I like it.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #1673 on: August 16, 2016, 12:47:25 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
What is going on?  Did this just die before our eyes?

« Reply #1674 on: August 16, 2016, 01:13:46 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
I've got my presser ready too. Just waiting for the the thread.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #1675 on: August 16, 2016, 04:40:15 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
So we still need a Northwest thread.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #1676 on: August 16, 2016, 05:38:29 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Important Announcement from Commish's office:

What is going on?  Did this just die before our eyes?

Well... yes and no.

The long-and-short of it is I'm simply unable to continue coordinating things.

Folks may have seen in anothr thread (and as I told the other volunteer-assistants-to-the-commish (NickAgneta, Evantime34, and The Walker Wiggle earlier today) that my wife has been having some health issues that led to an ER visit this weekend. Thankfully there's nothing critical or life-threatening. But that combined with being *slammed* at work means I'm just not able to set up the press conferences, voting for playoffs, playoff matchups and subsequent playoff voting.

I put to Nick, Evantime and Wiggle if one of them was interested in taking over or if we should just "call it". For what it's worth the original CBD was just the draft and maybe press conferences no voting.

The general consensus was that the best part of CBD is the draft itself -- and that the press conf/playoffs/voting is (a) a lot of work and (b) where some of the hyper competitive stuff comes out. We are also down at least 4 GMs (including me) since the start of the draft. So we were all fine letting things be, as disappointing as it might be.

All that being said, if someone else woudl like to take over from here and set up press conf., voting and playoffs --- be my guest. Sadly I won't be able to be very active, but other GMs may want to be -- and it's not like there's a rulebook you have to follow.

Again I'm really sorry for having to bail. The group of GMs has been really great this time and the discussions were all pretty respectful and thoguthful. it was a lot of fun to dust this CBD thing off! Maybe a group of us can start a bit earlier next summer to share the load of CBD 2017?

Ubuntu.... and TPs all around gents!!!!!
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

Re: 2016 CB Draft: Draft Thread: Important Announcement
« Reply #1677 on: August 16, 2016, 06:39:48 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
TP to GC for doing a great job with this CB Draft. Glad to hear your wife is doing ok, wishing you and her the best. Regardless of how this whole thing goes from here, it was a lot of fun.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #1678 on: August 16, 2016, 06:58:34 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
Best wishes to you and you wife GC.  I'm glad she's okay.  Family always comes first.  That's a given

I'll be glad to continue on, but I can't help run it, unfortunately.

« Reply #1679 on: August 16, 2016, 08:11:33 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
I am willing and able to help in anyway I can with voting/conferences if we decide to still have them.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler